Sort by :
Filter by :
- No replies :(:(CommentQuote0Flag
- May be in late 2013 we will get the possesion of Ruby IsleOriginally Posted by starboy786Hiii there, I have bought 2BHK in Royal Palms in Mumbai in Ruby Isles Building. It will be ready after 6 months or maybe a bit more for possesion. I have already seen a lot of posts about Royal Palms Infrastructure in the forum. I wanted to know from users , specially who are currently residing there how is the experience ?
Also I wanted to know how bright is the future for resale of apartments in Royal Palms ? I bought the property solely for investment purposes, to put it on rent and then eventually sell it.
i have also bought 2 BHK in Royal Palms and had a visit to site yesterday i.e. on 22 Apr 2012 . The work is going very slow and i doubt it will get completed in another year. May be in late 2013 we will get the possesion.CommentQuote0Flag
- U will get rental of ~25k for a furnished space. Forget appreciation in capital value. You should have read about Royal Palms before investing. I don't have any investment there but my NRI aunt does. So giving you actual figures.CommentQuote0Flag
- A lot of flats & condos are rented out by students of Whistling woods, but inview of the supreme court order, whistling woods likely to close down in 2014, so rentals will be dfficult thereafter......CommentQuote0Flag
- Hi Amit, thanks for your input , Yes, I did read about Royal Palms before investing there.
@Neptune 2410 Hii there, have you also bought an apartment in Ruby Isles ?CommentQuote0Flag
- I have created a Group specially for users who have bought an Apartment in Royal Palms, Mumbai http://www.indianrealestateforum.com/groups/ruby-isles-royal-palms-mumbai.html Please join if you like to and forward the link to other people too who have invested there. This way we can be on the same page .
- what u mean by it will be closed?CommentQuote0Flag
- Originally Posted by neptune_2410A lot of flats & condos are rented out by students of Whistling woods, but inview of the supreme court order, whistling woods likely to close down in 2014, so rentals will be dfficult thereafter......
what u mean by it will be closed?CommentQuote0Flag
- Originally Posted by ajayanariwhat u mean by it will be closed?
See the artical in Business Standard on Apr 04, 2012 ::
Whistling Woods may have a new campus by 2014
The Supreme court has asked the institute to vacate the present campus.
Film producer Subhash Ghai's film institute, Whistling Woods International, which has faced a major setback after the Supreme Court ordered Ghai to return the land to the Maharashtra state government, may have a new campus by 2014.
The institute, as per the apex court's directive, will have to vacate the present campus, spread over 5.5 acres, by July 2014.
"You are not finished when you lose. You are finished when you quit. And we will not quit. Whistling Woods as an institution will continue. If it comes to that we will vacate this campus and make appropriate
relocation arrangements as warranted and in line with the high standards of this campus and the high education standards we maintain,"said Chaitanya Chinchlikar, Vice President, Whistling Woods International.
The institute also has affiliations with global film schools including --- Deakin and Griffith Universities in Australia; Bradford College in the UK; Syracuse University in the United States and New York University
Tisch School of the Arts, Asia.
The land for the institute was allotted to film-maker Ghai in 2000 on which he has invested over Rs 50 crore so far.
The court also directed Ghai and Whistling Woods to vacate 14.5 acre of land immediately which shall be resumed by the state government.
The court's order had come on a PIL by Rajendra Sontakke and four other agriculturists of Latur and Osmanabad districts alleging "gross abuse of power" by Deshmukh in allotting the land.CommentQuote1Flag
- @ajayanari Whistling Woods is getting shifted from it's location inside film city to some other place in Mumbai , but it's not getting closed. Due to the present batches in Whistling Woods, it will continue its operations in film city till 2014. It's getting shifted because the land was allotted by CM 10 years back to start it as a joint venture between state and whistling woods. However, now the court seems to have a problem with that allocation.CommentQuote0Flag