The seventeenth edition of the exhibition is here and the right time. With demonitisation being the buzz word this year and the one to follow and buyers hopeful of cheaper properties, this would be an immediate opportunity if the "Properties-will-get-cheaper" consensus turns out to be true. What do you guys think about it? Will the property tags be lower or not?
Read more
Reply
10 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Chances are dim.. Normally builders stick to their sticker price, but willing to discuss and negotiate.. I am aware of few properties, for which brokers are offering much lower price than what builders are quoting but builders adds the tagline that he is ready to discuss and negotiate. But frankly speaking, I have a feeling that in next 3-4 months, you will be able to extract atleast 20-30% discount in many projects/ properties from the sticker price (10-15% was available earlier). Apart from that the feeling that the builders and brokers are ready to lick buyer's feet is overwhelming.. I am enjoying that for last couple of months.. Now that will accentuate post demonetisation. Also there will be no talk on mode of payment, now only two option, either all check from your account or check from loan account.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by manzb
    Chances are dim.. Normally builders stick to their sticker price, but willing to discuss and negotiate.. I am aware of few properties, for which brokers are offering much lower price than what builders are quoting but builders adds the tagline that he is ready to discuss and negotiate. But frankly speaking, I have a feeling that in next 3-4 months, you will be able to extract atleast 20-30% discount in many projects/ properties from the sticker price (10-15% was available earlier). Apart from that the feeling that the builders and brokers are ready to lick buyer's feet is overwhelming.. I am enjoying that for last couple of months.. Now that will accentuate post demonetisation. Also there will be no talk on mode of payment, now only two option, either all check from your account or check from loan account.


    Well, that's really some positive time to look forward to. I'll be personally visiting the exhibition for all the four days. This would be a good time to see how they are pricing their products now. It would be also interesting to see how they compensate the black component. :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by movedin


    Well, that's really some positive time to look forward to. I'll be personally visiting the exhibition for all the four days. This would be a good time to see how they are pricing their products now. It would be also interesting to see how they compensate the black component. :)


    They never quotes lower. In fact they may quote even higher than the any known rates. But they are open to discussion if you show seriousness to purchase. Regarding cash, I think they may not ask any now, and may even justify the higher quote is because of the full check payment basis.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by manzb


    They never quotes lower. In fact they may quote even higher than the any known rates. But they are open to discussion if you show seriousness to purchase. Regarding cash, I think they may not ask any now, and may even justify the higher quote is because of the full check payment basis.


    So they would try and coax as much as they can, by pricing their projects much higher than before. It will be interesting to see how much they can manipulate for the huge black component that would be missing now.
    CommentQuote
  • You got it.. Anyway all the best. Also happy to know about your interest level with respect to BANM, that you are planning to be there all 4 days.. hope you'll get a great deal. Do keep us updated. I may also visit to get a feel of the environment and also to see the amount of desperation, if any in the face of the buiders, which I enjoy a lot, as they used to squeeze buyers for last more than a decade and used to behave like as if they have done a meherbani by selling their flats to you.
    CommentQuote
  • Just joined in! This is the time when we will actually know what approach they will be taking. Waiting for the exhibition to try my chances of getting something worth and priced low :)
    CommentQuote
  • Whenever I visit these prop exhibitions, the builder tend to quote much higher than what they normally quote in their offices. For example, if today the builder's site office is quoting 10k per sft and ready to negotiate upto 9k, at the exhibition it will be quoted 11k or more after taking all your information, with regard to your budget, preference, mobile no, email etc by putting some girls in mini skirts, who are clueless about the deal and only parrots the the rate etc being given to them. If you show interest than only you get to meet some really lower level who has no power to discuss rates, but again to test your interest level. If you pass that then only you get to meet really someone who can offer you a good deal or discount. Very rarely you get to meet the developer, unless he is a minnow. I find it very intimidating when they ask me what is my budget? It is like vegetable vendor asking you your budget before allowing you to touch his vegetables. It never happens that way. He has to quote his price and buyer will offer what he is willing to pay. Why buyer will say how much money he has, even before he gets the product details and sticker price etc? It is his prerogative whether to reveal his financial status.

    They thinks all those coming and visiting are ready to get trapped. But considering this time is different you can expect a sober approach. But don't expect too much and direct drop of the sticker price is almost impossible.
    CommentQuote
  • @manzb ; Well, the exhibition concluded last week and I had been there myself. It failed to impress many. First, the property prices were not lower than what were being quoted outside except for the properties in far-flung areas. The rest were pretty much the same like before so the visitors were disappointed that they did not get to see the "low priced properties" that they were looking for. Some project showcasing small sized apartments in were attracting many though as they were in budget, though locate at far off places. finance options with some banks providing as much as 95 per cent loan. The visitor count was lower, the interest level was lower though some genuine buyers could be seen sealing deals.

    The hostesses continued to dazzle like before and they provided some entertainment to otherwise the dull evenings :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by movedin
    @manzb ; Well, the exhibition concluded last week and I had been there myself. It failed to impress many. First, the property prices were not lower than what were being quoted outside except for the properties in far-flung areas. The rest were pretty much the same like before so the visitors were disappointed that they did not get to see the "low priced properties" that they were looking for. Some project showcasing small sized apartments in were attracting many though as they were in budget, though locate at far off places. finance options with some banks providing as much as 95 per cent loan. The visitor count was lower, the interest level was lower though some genuine buyers could be seen sealing deals.

    The hostesses continued to dazzle like before and they provided some entertainment to otherwise the dull evenings :)


    I was there for atleast 2 days in that area. Never felt like going inside. Just heard from one guy who went there for any good deal for 1/2 BHK at Ulwe, expecting some price discount, came disappointed as good 1 BHKs were quoting above 50 lacs, ones with facilities are close 60 lacs and more. All others are either quoted higher than what they normally quotes outside or quoted by brokers. In few cases they are as high as 25-30% then brokers quote. Anyway, happy for the builders and their expectation. Life is all about positive expectation, and they have demonstrated that even in these uncertain times and supposedly not so good times for RE. Hat's off to them. Wishing them all the best. :bab (45):
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by manzb


    I was there for atleast 2 days in that area. Never felt like going inside. Just heard from one guy who went there for any good deal for 1/2 BHK at Ulwe, expecting some price discount, came disappointed as good 1 BHKs were quoting above 50 lacs, ones with facilities are close 60 lacs and more. All others are either quoted higher than what they normally quotes outside or quoted by brokers. In few cases they are as high as 25-30% then brokers quote. Anyway, happy for the builders and their expectation. Life is all about positive expectation, and they have demonstrated that even in these uncertain times and supposedly not so good times for RE. Hat's off to them. Wishing them all the best. :bab (45):


    Yes, if nothing, the resolve of builders (or the helplessness) could be seen during the event. They are hoping for good in a time when buyers are hoping for the best! Will this lead to some kind of a hibernation? Like a situation when developers won't quote low and buyers keep waiting for low priced properties.
    CommentQuote