Hi,
I am looking at a property that is located at Goregaon, Mumbai. There is a broker who is selling this property at 24 lakhs and I am willing to buy it. So please suggest if there is any risk of purchasing this property? He told me to give initial amount of 3 lakhs and that he will get the allotment letter from Mhada after that so that I can check further whether the allotment letter given is genuine or not.

He will take the rest of the amount after that through cheques in different persons' name which are not at all related to the concerned property.

Kindly suggest whether to purchase such type of property or not?
Read more
5 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • CHEAT - Written all over. KEEP AWAY.
    CommentQuote
    2 Comments
    • KK00992 years ago
      @tara this is just a honey trap to take out 24 lacs from you in case you continue to believe in such free deal* or 3 lacs paid up front is gone for sure.

* In Goregaon smallest 1 BHK Mhada flat costs > 60 lacs so anything at 24 is free deal*

Think rationally, why any broker would sell you so dirt cheap?
      Why broker is asking cheque in name of third party??
      Why 3 lacs in cash ???

I personally know few people who thought they are extra smart and super lucky to get such deal and still looking for Agents who took away 5-10 lacs to get such allotment letters

If you want to learn this lesson at the cost of 3 lacs ... please go ahead with Deal

If you want to check Broker's intention offer to pay 30 Lacs after Registration and Possession. tell broker he can make extra 6 Lacs by just investing few lacs for few days.
  • Originally Posted by tara
    HI,
    I am looking for a property that is located at Goregaon Mumbai
    There is a broker who is selling this property at 24 lacs
    I am willing to buy this so please suggest is there any risk of purchasing this property
    He told me to give initial amt of 3 lacs after that he will get allotment letter from Mhada so that i can check further whether the allotment letter given is genuine or not
    After that he will take rest amount through cheques in different persons name which are not at all related to concerned property
    Kindly suggest whether to purchase such type of property or not

3 Lacs paid upfront is GONE for SURE !!!
    CommentQuote
  • Post demonetisation, deals are not happening in RE market. So these brokers are also facing the cash crunch and hence coming up with these kind of ponzi schemes to trap innocent people.

PLZ STAY AWAY!
    CommentQuote
  • Stay Away . He is CHEAT. Ready SRA property of about 200 or 225 SQ feet Costs about 23-25Lakh in Goregaon west and the person who got SRA attotled he will be having Allotment letter.
    CommentQuote
  • Don't fall for these scams with your hard earned money. Never invest in these kinda schemes as people always lose money.
    CommentQuote