Last updated: May 25 2020
5 | Posts
2982 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stamp Duty Refund

Hey!

Have explored and bought a flat at Kalyan and stamp duty was paid two years back with commitment feom developer to deliver flat in June 2015.

However when agreemwnt was done I relaised that posession is captured as June 2016.

With all rifts finally I signed the agreement but in interim the initial Stamp Duty paid went void and I had to pay again. Please note I had not signed agreement while the initial stamp duty was paid; I gad paid dd to the developer

Can you please confirm me..
    1. Is this valid to pay stamp duty twice for the same property.
    2. How can the refund happen and what should be the process.

Regards
    B
    Last edited July 23 2017, 03:27 PM.

Re : Stamp Duty Refund

Originally posted by brijes8205 View Post
    Hey!

Have explored and bought a flat at Kalyan and stamp duty was paid two years back with commitment feom developer to deliver flat in June 2015.

However when agreemwnt was done I relaised that posession is captured as June 2016.

With all rifts finally I signed the agreement but in interim the initial Stamp Duty paid went void and I had to pay again. Please note I had not signed agreement while the initial stamp duty was paid; I gad paid dd to the developer

Can you please confirm me..
    1. Is this valid to pay stamp duty twice for the same property.
    2. How can the refund happen and what should be the process.

Regards
    B
    Stamp Duty is paid on Transaction so if same property is involved in multiple transactions i.e. bought/sold multiple times it would attract SD every time transaction is entered.

However in your case if it was same parties buying and selling there should not be SD twice.

When you say 'SD paid went Void', what was the reason and grounds for it?

I think if Sale is Cancelled within a year you can claim for Refund of SD paid, check with Registrar about process to claim refund.

Comment

Tks Indeed.

From payment date of Stamp Duty to registration it was more than six months hence I was aske to pay stamp duty again by the developer as earlier SD was void... I am not sure if this is correct.

Now I wanted to check can I get a refund as have paide twice SD on same property with same sale deed and no changes in party.

Comment

Dear All, by mistake I ended up paying stamp duty and registration charges altogether under stamp duty head. After enquiring at the office of sub registrar , it is learnt that I need to take full refund of stamp duty paid, which would take anything between 2-3 months. Being short of funds to initiate transaction with new funds, I had paid registration charges and initiated registration. Now I want to apply for partial refund (i.e. of Rs.30,000/- excess paid) with stamp department. Could you please guide me ?...Best Regards- Vijay

Comment

Hi, i am resident of Mira road, Mumbai, i am in process to purchase a flat. i have paid stamp duty in month of march 2020 but my registration procedure could not be completed due to coronavirus lockdown. In the meantime the GOI has reduced stamp duty by 1% which is effective from April 2020.

Could you please let me know if i can get the refund of my 1% stamp duty, if yes could you please let me know the procedure for claiming my refund as i could not find any online material for refund procedures. This would help me get the refund myself instead of involving the agents who are charging 50% of my refund amount

Appreciate your help in the above matter. Thanking you in advance

Comment

For cancellation deed also we need to pay charges ? How much are they? If we have already paid stamp duty and registration charges as 3 lac(Stamp Duty) + 30k(registration) for property valuation of 42 lac approx. If anyway i have to cancel the deal, and file a cancellation deed, what are the charges or procedure .. Please guide.

Comment

Tags: Stamp Duty
            Have any questions or thoughts about this?
            Working...
            X