what are the best areas to live in mumbai and why? consider a 3 bedroom budget of 10cr what would be the best?
Read more
6 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • 5 Investment hotspots In Mumbai

Those who are looking for reaping grand benefits through real estate investments can never get Mumbai off their minds. Mumbai, the financial capital of India, is not only among the most expensive property markets in the world but also among the fastest growing ones, global surveys show. Based on these two factors, it would only be correct to say that those who invest here are likely to make great profits in future. Now, what could be your best bets in case you are ready to invest?

Prabhadevi

Be ready to shell out good money in case you want to grow your investment in this tony locality where the rich and the famous of the city, including Bollywood stars, reside. The neighbourhood is also home to the famed Siddhivinayak Temple. When compared to the same month last year, rates of property in Prabhadevi have seen a slight decline. Currently prices stand at Rs 29,500 per sqft.

The locality has a livability score of 9.8 on a scale of 10.

Badlapur West

]When compared to Prabhadevi, investing in this locality is much cheaper. Prices of property in Badlapur West have not seen much movement in the past one year. Till April this year, average rate of property in the locality stood at Rs 3,200 per sqft. Considering infrastructure in this locality has yet to fully develop, the chances of prices moving upwards are quite high.

The locality has a livability score of 7.3 on a scale of 10.

Borivali East

Borivali East may be a suburb, but it offers a buyer the best of everything. While you get to stay closer to nature, you also enjoy all things urban that the maximum city has to offer. This is the reason why rates of property in this locality are higher when compared to other suburban localities. You will have to pay an average Rs 13,800 to buy an sqft of space in this locality.

The locality has a livability score of 8.3 on a scale of 10.

Mulund West

Mulund West is a fast-developing neighbourhood, located along the eastern foothills of the Sanjay Gandhi National Park. Again, buying a property here will bring you closer to nature while you enjoy all the facilities of the city life. You will have to pay an average Rs 13,700 to buy an sqft of space in this locality.
    The locality has a livability score of 8.6 on a scale of 10.

Dombivali East

This one is a perfect choice in case you are looking for something like Mulund West and Boriwali East, but do not have the budget tow afford a property in the two localities. You will have to pay an average Rs 4,500 to buy an sqft of space in this locality. This locality with its old-world charm has been fast urban development in the recent years. Property prices may see an upswing in the times to come.
    The locality has a livability score of 7.6 on a scale of 10.
    CommentQuote
    2 Comments
    • paragmukh1 years ago
      Had a hearty laugh. This clearly comes from a novice who has no idea of what the good areas are in Mumbai to stay. The most preferred areas to stay in are Bandra West/Khar (for the connectivity via Sea Link etc), Hiranandani in Powai (amongst suburbs). But nothing beats staying in South Mumbai localities of Pedder Road, Worli sea face, Napean Sea Road and Malabar Hills. However doubtful if you can purchase a 3BHK at 10 cr @ South Mumbai. Bandra W, Khar is easily within budget.
  • If this is a question for a place to stay & live, in my personal Opinion & this might surprise a few but for those who have been here will understand the reason why, so here goes, considering the breathing space, surroundings, serenity, accessibility, crowd, amenities, management & location I would purchase a Duplex in Oberoi Exquisite Goregaon East with a 50th Flr view of the Aarey greens + the endless views of the city.
    CommentQuote
  • At this budget, I would consider Indiabulls Blu or The reserve at Worli. Other options are Juhu, Bandra, Prabhadevi, Powai etc. It really depends on your needs like your place of work, children's school and all that. @aarem7 why do you want to stay at Goregaon paying 10 crores? There are few flats at Lodha Fiorenza selling at 18,12 and 9 crores. Wonder who and why?
    CommentQuote
    1 Comments
    • aarem71 years ago
      Well like i said I personally really liked the location with the peace & i have seen some flats at Exquisite, some of them have the best hill + green views, very well maintained place, excellent build quality, decent crowd, awesome amenities, haven't seen a bigger Gym & swimming pool anywhere in a condo set up (stayed in a few countries) so considering all that i felt difficult to get this kind of package in Mumbai, for me personally i was not hung up on the cliche locations of SOBO, Bandra, etc. Goregoan East has a decent connectivity, like i said if as a place to stay & live long term liked the package here. Mentioned duplex, as that's what the going price is 9-10 cr, the penthouses there are twice that. I mean as a returning Indian & someone who loves to say in Mumbai couldnt find a better option as a complete package. I mean this is a very specific requirement from my perspective, not saying can be generalized. :) Should ask Oberoi to pay me for such comments :):) (Just kidding)
  • Indiabulls blu is quoting above that price for pretty much there smallest 3 bedroom option around 1150 sqft (I'm sure there is room to negotiate) this is also a bare shell flat!!!!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by hathir
    Indiabulls blu is quoting above that price for pretty much there smallest 3 bedroom option around 1150 sqft (I'm sure there is room to negotiate) this is also a bare shell flat!!!!

True that...
    Depends you want smaller space in tony locations or larger spaces in suburbs...completely individual preference...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by hathir
    Indiabulls blu is quoting above that price for pretty much there smallest 3 bedroom option around 1150 sqft (I'm sure there is room to negotiate) this is also a bare shell flat!!!!

Their lowest configuration was offered to me at 6.4 crores ( includes everything - registration etc ) a year back. so, 3bhk should be around 8 or 9.
    CommentQuote