Hi,

I had booked an under construction property in 2006 and made by final payment on 25th Mar 2008. There was no VAT and service tax applicable during that time. I had received an allotment letter from the builder in 2006. The construction took 8 years to complete and finally the possession was given in 2013 with the OC coming in in 2014. Now my question is i have to make an agreement for this property and pay stamp duty and registration charges. Will there be any additional tax like GST applicable on this?
Read more
1 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by krishna.puri1
    Hi,

I had booked an under construction property in 2006 and made by final payment on 25th Mar 2008. There was no VAT and service tax applicable during that time. I had received an allotment letter from the builder in 2006. The construction took 8 years to complete and finally the possession was given in 2013 with the OC coming in in 2014. Now my question is i have to make an agreement for this property and pay stamp duty and registration charges. Will there be any additional tax like GST applicable on this?

GST won't be applicable if all the payments had been made before June 2017...
    However, legal right over the property will only exist if u have a registered agreement which will incur stamp duty and registration charges...
    How is it possible to get society share certificate without a registered agreement ?
    However you can make an application to the local registrar (thru some local broker) and request for ready reckoner rate of 2013/14 as the OC and possession was taken in that year...
    CommentQuote