Inquiry about redevelopment of Chawl in Mumbai

Last updated: November 27 2018
2 | Posts
1313 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inquiry about redevelopment of Chawl in Mumbai

I am staying in one of the south Mumbai's, B.I.T. bethi chawl. Presently we have a proposal for redevelopment of our chawl locality from one of the builder .

My question for you is, is it right time to go for redevelopment for our locality, in this present scenario of real estate business? Will he be able to complete the project in comitted time duration in present situation of Real Estate business owners? If suppose he is not completing the project in comitted time then what actions we can take against him?
    Last edited November 27 2018, 01:23 PM.

Re : Inquiry about redevelopment of Chawl in Mumbai

only do a agreement with reputed developer, even if he offers lesser area..atleast u will get houses instead of nothing..
    secondly make sure he gives enough bank guarantees to cover construction cost in case he leaves mid-way..

The first step is hiring project management consultant (pmc) who will negotiate with developer and take care of these details, and make sure u guys get good and fair deal...
    they charge approx 40-50k per month till project completion...in case u need references, pm me the details...

Comment

Re : Inquiry about redevelopment of Chawl in Mumbai

Hi all,

I want to know the regulation around redevelopment of chawl (under pagdi system) such as:

1. Minimum area post redevelopment

2. Pre-requisites before approving the redevelopment with builder (e.g. documents to be provided, stamp duty to be paid, any certificate to be obtained etc.).

3. % of approval required for redevelopment by tenant (i.e. 75 or 51%)

4. Is 2034 DC applicable, if yes can you provide the pdf document as I am unable to find it
      Last edited November 28 2018, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Tags: None
      Have any questions or thoughts about this?
      Working...
      X