Mumbai : Upgraded the flat

Last updated: April 19 2018
3 | Posts
302 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mumbai : Upgraded the flat

I have booked 1BHK flat and have done full payment including registration and stamp duty.

I have not taken possession of the flat and requested the builder to exchange the flat with 2BHK. He agreed to give 2BHK and I need to pay the difference amount + Stamp Duty etc.

I would like to know if we can execute an cancellation deed for 1BHK and seek refund of stampduty ?

Last edited April 11 2018, 02:41 PM.

Re : Mumbai : Upgraded the flat

LawRato , can u please answer the above query?
    Please read IREF rules | FAQ's

Comment

Originally posted by epmurali View Post
      I have booked 1BHK flat and have done full payment including registration and stamp duty.

I have not taken possession of the flat and requested the builder to exchange the flat with 2BHK. He agreed to give 2BHK and I need to pay the difference amount + Stamp Duty etc.

I would like to know if we can execute an cancellation deed for 1BHK and seek refund of stampduty ?

Refund of SD is only possible within 1yr of registration, otherwise not...do check with experts otherwise...

Comment

Yes you have to do the cancellation deed, or else how will the builder sell the property to other person? One property cant have 2 different owners! The Maharashtra state government has amended section 48 (pertaining to property sales) of the Bombay Stamp Act, 1958, to allow flat buyers to get stamp duty refunded up to two years after the cancellation of the agreement with the builder. Earlier, it was six months.

Comment

Tags: None
        Have any questions or thoughts about this?
        Working...
        X