Society issues, Mumbai

Last updated: 2 weeks ago
15 | Posts
801 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Society issues, Mumbai

My society has not issued any maintenance bill since last 5 yrs. Now they have issued invoice for all 5 yrs. and given only 1 months’ time to clear outstanding dues for all 5 yrs. Now can society ask for interest if dues are not cleared in one month?
    Last edited November 12 2019, 08:42 PM.

Re : Society issues, Mumbai

Check with what has been passed in AGM, alternate you can also contact the Registrar office of society

Comment

I have two queries

1) Do suspended chairman, secretary and treasurer have duty to handover records

2) Our chairman , secretary, treasurer were suspended on 18/8/19 , After several following and intervention of leader he allowed election by calling nomination in October 19. Now we have new office bearers

Please tell who will sign balance sheet for financial year 18/19, suspended office bearers or new office bearers?

3} Are there recovery agents for 101?

Thanks.
      Last edited February 5 2020, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Please advice me on following issue:

Society maintenance bill has instruction on bill that payment should be paid on or before 25th of the month but I paid the same through net banking to society’s account before month end and same was intimated to society though email (society’s bank account got credited same month). Following month’s bill I received with arrears (previous month’s maintenance) plus current month’s maintenance and interest on it, but I paid only current month’s maintenance amount without interest amount. Now I received bill for this month and pending interest amount and interest on pending interest.

1. Can society charge interest even bill paid before month end and intimated ?

2. Can society charge interest on interest arrears?

Comment

Hi,

I stay in kalyan. My room is on 3rd floor and the building is of 5 storied including the tarraces. The 4th floor is a tarraces flat and the 5th floor is the main tarraces.

Now there has been leakage problem in my house due to the tarraces flat above and it has been notified to the society but in vain no action has been taken.

The society is now planning to put shes on the main tarraces without resolving my leakage problem and they informed me that you and the floor above should solve it. The floor above is not ready to solve the issue.

Can the process of society putting shed be stooped by me and is there a way to make the society slove my leakage problem?

Comment

This is a very common problem in housing societies. It has to be noted here that such problems are mostly solved mutually as legal recourses warrant for unwanted hostilities even if issues get resolved. The best option is to mutually discuss with the flats above you and come to a mutually beneficial conclusion that could include sharing the leakage repair costs, or overall repairs of the society with the costs being borne by the society members on a whole.

As far as erecting of a shed is concerned, it has to be done with legal permission of the civic body as per new rules under the Development Control Regulation 2034.
            Talk TRUE; Talk IREF

Comment

Sir,

Can a owner change his balcony grill color? My flat is garden facing. I have been told by society office that as per bye law I cannot change balcony grill color as it is on the outer side.

Can I change the color from black to brown? If I have been fined for the same what should I do?

Thanks.
              Last edited July 10 2020, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ANANTM View Post
                Sir,

Can a owner change his balcony grill color? My flat is garden facing. I have been told by society office that as per bye law I cannot change balcony grill color as it is on the outer side.

Can I change the color from black to brown? If I have been fined for the same what should I do?

Thanks.
                I am hearing this for the first time and don't even think that there can be such a rule. And if there is such a rule in the books, then it cannot get more ridiculous than this. Anyway, has anybody else in the society changed the colour of their grills? From what I think it is more of a personal thing and some societies really take it too far in a ridiculous way.

Comment

• ANANTM
                  ANANTM commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No. I am the first one to change the color. I just need to know is there any rule as per bye law whether the color can be change

I am moving from one building of the society to another. Am I supposed to pay moving in charges again?

Comment

I have an apartment in Mumbai - Bhandup. It is a very old building. We have been doing online meetings off late.

A question: are online meetings valid, as per society laws? If something is approved in an online meeting, will that be considered legal?

Especially in the current situation, is this considered valid? I have been part of various non profit groups, I am aware that online meetings and meeting minutes are not considered valid.

But in this current situation at least, is online AGM considered valid?

Please suggest.

Thanks.
                  Last edited August 21 2020, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Tags: None
                  Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                  Working...
                  X