Allotment letter missing in property deal: legal issues

Last updated: November 5 2019
1 | Posts
365 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allotment letter missing in property deal: legal issues

I am a bit confused. I have purchased a SRA property. for 50 lakhs and I have given 10 lakhs to the owner by cheque. I have Also registered the POA. I have also submitted the fees of SRA transfer property and SRA has also issued the NOC for the sale of the Flat.

Now I am applying a loan for rest 40 lakhs. The bank needs the original allotment letter of the house which was assigned on the owners name. The loan is also disbursed by the bank and I have the cheque of 40 lakhs with me.

But when I am demanding the original allotment letter / Taba Patre, the owner is denying to give it. He says that he as handed over that paper to another entity and have taken a mortgage on it,.

I need an advice of what should I do now? Should I hand over the entire cheque of 40 lakhs to the owner since SRA has already submitted my name over his name or should I wait for the allotment letter from the owner which he claims that he does not have?
    Last edited November 4 2019, 07:32 PM.

Re : Allotment letter missing in property deal: legal issues

Originally posted by harshadrana03 View Post
    I am a bit confused. I have purchased a SRA property. for 50 lakhs and I have given 10 lakhs to the owner by cheque. I have Also registered the POA. I have also submitted the fees of SRA transfer property and SRA has also issued the NOC for the sale of the Flat.

Now I am applying a loan for rest 40 lakhs. The bank needs the original allotment letter of the house which was assigned on the owners name. The loan is also disbursed by the bank and I have the cheque of 40 lakhs with me.

But when I am demanding the original allotment letter / Taba Patre, the owner is denying to give it. He says that he as handed over that paper to another entity and have taken a mortgage on it,.

I need an advice of what should I do now? Should I hand over the entire cheque of 40 lakhs to the owner since SRA has already submitted my name over his name or should I wait for the allotment letter from the owner which he claims that he does not have?
    Obviously no...the cheque should be given to the another entity to remove any mortgage over the property and remaining payment to seller only...

Comment

Tags: None
    Have any questions or thoughts about this?
    Working...
    X