Property Transfer from Deceased Mother to Son

Last updated: April 6 2020
2 | Posts
207 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Property Transfer from Deceased Mother to Son

I am a 30 year old unmarried man staying in Mumbai.

My mother died in 2019 without any will but I am the Nominee of a house in Mumbai which is in her name & I have the relevant documents to prove that she owned the property.

My father is alive & I am the only child.

I want to transfer the property, & electric bill in my name but since I stay in another flat in Mumbai, the address in my documents, is different from the address in my mother's documents.

How do I transfer the property in my name?

Please reply regarding Legal Documents & Charges applicable in Mumbai?

Re : Property Transfer from Deceased Mother to Son

Is your other flat in which you are residing, ownership or rental?

If ownership you will pay capital gains tax on your mom's flat when you try to sell it.

Comment

Re : Property Transfer from Deceased Mother to Son

You can transfer the electricity and gas connection in your name by approaching the relevant utilities provider and usually the detailed requirements for transmission and name change are provided online and you have to pay an administrative fee for the same

You have not mentioned if you have any siblings, but if you are only a nominee, then the flat name is held in your name as a trustee especially since your mother has died intestate.
      If it is a cooperative society, then the society will follow the rules of MCS byelaws defined for the section by the society only for the name in the society books

If you want this clean and proper, you will have to work on a settlement deed and change the name in the revenue records to your name.
      You will have to work with a lawyer and he will let you know the charges and the stamp duty for the same. All the other legal survivors will have to sign the deed in your favour

Originally posted by cooldoc47 View Post

I am a 30 year old unmarried man staying in Mumbai.

My mother died in 2019 without any will but I am the Nominee of a house in Mumbai which is in her name & I have the relevant documents to prove that she owned the property.

My father is alive & I am the only child.

I want to transfer the property, & electric bill in my name but since I stay in another flat in Mumbai, the address in my documents, is different from the address in my mother's documents.

How do I transfer the property in my name?

Please reply regarding Legal Documents & Charges applicable in Mumbai?
      Last edited April 6 2020, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Tags: None
      Have any questions or thoughts about this?
      Working...
      X