Renewal of rental agreement and Rental Rise

Last updated: May 17 2020
1 | Posts
69 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renewal of rental agreement and Rental Rise

My Rental agreement completed in Feb 2020, before me and owner could renew the agreement the national lockdown was implemented. Now in such situation how to make the renewal for agreement? Secondly the owner is asking for 10% rise in rent, so is rental rise is such situation allowed.

Re : Renewal of rental agreement and Rental Rise

Originally posted by amaranju View Post
    My Rental agreement completed in Feb 2020, before me and owner could renew the agreement the national lockdown was implemented. Now in such situation how to make the renewal for agreement? Secondly the owner is asking for 10% rise in rent, so is rental rise is such situation allowed.
    You can always sign a new agreement on a white piece of paper and as soon as the Lockdown gets over, the agreement can be made on the stamp paper and registered.

On owner asking for a 10% increase, you can always negotiate and let him know that it won't be easy for him to find a new tenant in Lockdown & similarly, you won't be able to search for a new accommodation, so it would be best that a reasonable increase, mutually acceptable to both can be settled upon.
    Please read IREF rules | FAQ's

Comment

Tags: None
    Have any questions or thoughts about this?
    Working...
    X