Hi guys,
I paid a token amount of 58 lakhs + 2 lakhs token amount towards buying a flat here in Mumbai.

The flat aforementioned is on the 14th floor.

I was planning to take out a loan to pay out the remaining amount. (About 1 Cr)

However, I found out through the loan agent that the builder doesn't have the required CC. They had a CC only upto 11 floors.

I felt cheated since this wasn't mentioned while signing the deal.

I immediately contacted my bank and stopped all cheques paid by me to the builder.

Luckily I was able to stop them just in the nick of time and managed to salvage the 58 lakhs.

However, the 2 lakhs token amount still remain with them and I've been trying to recover them for a few months.

They have now gotten the CC for the floors above 11th and are insisting me to buy it for the same amount(citing the property prices have risen which i feel again is a lie)but I don't wish to go forward with the deal because I feel cheated and lied to.

How do I recover the my token amount from these guys? Would it be worth it to pursue this legally?
Read more
6 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Can you name the Builder & the Project? A thread may already exist on the Project and there could be other members facing similar issues. If a thread on the Project already exits, this thread would then be required to get merged with the original existing thread.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi @MANOJa,

I don't feel comfortable sharing the names of the builder and project at this moment as I'm not sure how I'm going to proceed with this issue.

CommentQuote
  • If the details of the Builder/Project were available, the posts might have been much more meaningful and effective.

This thread would be ultimately moved to its appropriate subforum - "Indian Property Laws", after some period.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by aakki
    Hi @MANOJa,

I don't feel comfortable sharing the names of the builder and project at this moment as I'm not sure how I'm going to proceed with this issue.

don't be afraid, simple file a complaint in rera

as the CC date will show that when cheque was encashed they didn't have CC and they have to refund

not a big deal, hope you have written email/letter proof as well
    CommentQuote
  • I was told that the CC is provided in increments as the work progresses.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by heatals2
    I was told that the CC is provided in increments as the work progresses.

Doesn't matters, legally only those units can be sold whose CC has been received...so consult a lawyer, and file complaint accordingly.
    CommentQuote