Mahaavir Majesty Phase 2 in Taloje, Navi Mumbai : Issues

Last updated: 3 weeks ago
2 | Posts
28 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mahaavir Majesty Phase 2 in Taloje, Navi Mumbai : Issues

I booked a flat on 2nd May 2019 with an initial booking amount of 50,000 Rs. At the time of booking, the builder and the sales team said that they will help me get the loan sanctioned at the earliest. However, the home loan was not sanctioned for the next 3 months. Note: Flat was booked under my sister and my name. The builder had said that no bank is ready to sanction a loan to me as it is a sister-sister property. So I was going from bank to bank personally for the loan processing. In August 2019, Karur Vysya Bank, provided me the pre-sanction letter after which the builder sent me the first demand only on the basis of this pre-sanction letter. In the same month, the agreement was done (on 10th August 2019). On 29th August 2019, Karur Bank rejected my home loan citing the project is under construction. I had no-where to go. I told the builder the same. He said he will try for the loan on his own terms. Meanwhile, I went to SBI, told them everything. They started the loan procedure and my loan was sanctioned and disbursement was done on 1st October 2019. In all this process, the builder never told me that there would be any delay charges, neither he asked for it. Now, the project is completed and the possession has started, he is asking for 65,000 Rs. interest in the delay happened for the first disbursement. In addition to that, he is asking for the cash payment, which I denied saying it is not a legal instrument for transactions. Then he said the if you go by legal means, you have to bear the 12% GST as well.

He has also asked for the society formation charges (30,000 Rs.), Society corpse fund (15,000 Rs.), Legal charges (5,000 Rs.), society maintenance charges for 6 months. These charges are still valid, and payments would be made online/cheques, but what about the interest? It is not my fault that the bank denied the loan when the pre-sanction letter was issued. Also, the builder had clearly said that no bank is ready to sanction my loan. Then how am I liable to pay this huge interest amount?

Please advice. I don't know how to get out of this situation.
    Last edited 3 weeks ago.

Re : Mahaavir Majesty Phase 2 in Taloje, Navi Mumbai : Issues

Can you name the Builder & the Project? A thread may already exist on the Project and there could be other members facing similar issues. If a thread on the Project already exits, this thread would then be required to get merged with the original existing thread.
    Please read IREF rules | FAQ's

Comment

Tags: None
    Have any questions or thoughts about this?
    Working...
    X