Hi, I am an Omkar Altamonte Buyer. Let this be the thread used by Omkar Altamonte Buyers. Let us get together and appraise each other of all the new developments / concerns about OMKAR ALTA MONTE MALAD EAST MUMBAI.

Is the Project delayed or is it on Time? Is the Builder Reliable?

Omkar Alta Monte - residencies overlooking the Sanjay Gandhi National Park, where the most unbelievable conveniences perch themselves gracefully at your doorstep, in abundance. Make every moment a moment of joy; discovery; ease and ethereal beauty. So why can't you walk into this beautiful place and indulge in life, rather than merely live it? Of course, you can.
Read more
1070 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • L & T will get its name screwed by being associated with a Non trustable company like OMKAR
    CommentQuote
  • Hey sumeetjha, have u invested in Omkar's projects?
    CommentQuote
  • Sumeet,

I know some folks who have invested in omkar projects and they did not have this issue? And if they would do this to everyone, it would be come up everywhere. Are you talking about negotiations and price dealings before signing an agreement?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sumeetjha
    Omkar management cannot be trusted. They go back on their saying and cheat Investors is what people in Mumbai market are saying.

There has been lot of instances which i have heard where they have promised X amount for a flat and in a years time come up with a demand for X + Y... They will not let u WIN

dear Sumeet,
    the case you are mentioning has happened in Tower A & B, those who booked the apartments in pre prelaunch stage, probably year and a half before launch of the project were told a tentative salable area of 1250 for 2bhk which upon approval of the project was increased to 1290. there was however an increase of 36 sq.ft. in carpet area too. over all a person had to pay an extra 1.8 to 2.5 lacs extra, which most of the buyers had no objection since the specifications were also enhanced for eg. provision of Split Ac's in all rooms, composite marble flooring in drawing room, modular kitchen, ect.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by anupsingh
    dear Sumeet,
    the case you are mentioning has happened in Tower A & B, those who booked the apartments in pre prelaunch stage, probably year and a half before launch of the project were told a tentative salable area of 1250 for 2bhk which upon approval of the project was increased to 1290. there was however an increase of 36 sq.ft. in carpet area too. over all a person had to pay an extra 1.8 to 2.5 lacs extra, which most of the buyers had no objection since the specifications were also enhanced for eg. provision of Split Ac's in all rooms, composite marble flooring in drawing room, modular kitchen, ect.

Agree with you..

Most agreements have a clause to change saleable and carpet area upto certain limits - many times it happens because of approval conditions, etc.

Nothing wrong in it I think.

If someone wants absolute certainty, buy ready for possession property ;)
    CommentQuote
  • Omkar

Hi,

I wanted to buy a property and explore couple of Omkar properties. My secondary research in talking to my relatives / friends who have invest in the brand yielded this result and therefore i thought of not buying.

Dear All - I feel their agents are there on this forum and trying to influence negative comments to positive. All i am saying is in Market they are not as trustable as Rahejas / Oberois. Omkar has been known to change the terms without keeping buyers / investors interest to my mind and basis my research.

I am still looking for a property.
    CommentQuote
    Hi,

I wanted to buy a property and explore couple of Omkar properties. My secondary research in talking to my relatives / friends who have invest in the brand yielded this result and therefore i thought of not buying.

Dear All - I feel their agents are there on this forum and trying to influence negative comments to positive. All i am saying is in Market they are not as trustable as Rahejas / Oberois. Omkar has been known to change the terms without keeping buyers / investors interest to my mind and basis my research.

I am still looking for a property.

Yes, you are right. Everyone should buy real estate from Rahejas and Oberois only :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by gautam620
    Yes, you are right. Everyone should buy real estate from Rahejas and Oberois only :)

Seems like you are one of Omkar Agents. No Offense. I never meant that you should only buy Rahejas / Oberois. But one should do research and not buy where later on you repent
    CommentQuote
    Seems like you are one of Omkar Agents.

Oops... my cover is blown! :bab (59):
    CommentQuote
  • Can any advise me about the status of Altamonte Malad East project .I am interested to book an appartment.

O P Aggrawal
    CommentQuote
  • CommentQuote
  • Alta Monte has launched new luxury tower called "Luxe" in the same location - i think they are learnign quickly for others (like L&T, Lodha's) in makign there project (affordable) luxurious etc

Did u guys hear the noise on local FM Radio - South Mumbai luxury in North Mumbai etc

well, i have no insider info nor am i investor / buyer at Alta Monte project but all this makes me feel somethign is not right.

All those who want to invest in Alta Monte shud do theire home work properly before signing the dotted line...

Cheers!!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by simsagar

but all this makes me feel somethign is not right.

All those who want to invest in Alta Monte shud do theire home work properly before signing the dotted line...

Cheers!!

Can you elaborate on this as to what made you think that something is wrong
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realebuyer
    Can you elaborate on this as to what made you think that something is wrong

The basic premise of advtg and marketing is that if the product is not selling then ur pitch shud be higher than the rest in the mkt...u need to be heard and preceived to be better than rest..

With Omkar Alta Monte - the pre-launch was INR 7100 psf (in Feb 2011) and they said the price will surely cross 10k psft when launched....which means several investors invested and NOW want to exit after 2-3 years..the same maybe the case for investors at 10k or 11k etc...

with economy not doing good plus the pressure of investors....liquidity issues is making Omkar Alta Monte go all out ...they keep increasing the price each day , mktg is heavy and 20-80 scheme...

My premise is simple - if the project is good and priced reasonably then ppl will flock the site office ....

I experienced the same with HDIL in 2010 and 2011....luckily i kept away from HDIL else now u know whats with all HDIL projects..

god forbid...Omkar seems going the same way...also i heard Samata Ngr is getting re-develped in JV by Shapoorji Pallonji....

Just think...Samata Ngr already has necessary social infra compared to Omkar's location....Shapoorji is reputed for more than 100 yrs+...probably wants to "lock" as many customers it can before SHaoorji projects get launched...

Sincerelyt, i think Omakr is heading for liquidity issues and in near future the proejct may get stalled...i just hope it doesn't happen else so much of hard erned monies gets locked indefinitely...

Let's pray otherwise....
    CommentQuote
  • thanks simsagar for this well written elaboration.....jst wanted to add one more thing the Samata nagar project is carried out by SD Corp which is a JV between Shapoorji and Dinesh Thacker.....this Dinesh Thacker is a big risk as he has lot of pending cases against him.....also this samata nagar project is filled with controversies....
    CommentQuote