Collapse

Omkar Alta Monte by Omkar Realtors in Malad East, Mumbai

Last updated: March 4 2021
1294 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Omkar Alta Monte by Omkar Realtors in Malad East, Mumbai

Guys I hope you all are aware that any payments made on or after 01st June 2013, for purchase of property worth rs. 50 lakhs or more, the buyer needs to deduct TDS 1%.

Comment

How new real estate bill is going to affect this project? any thoughts? will anything change for the end users?

Comment

Hello1234 click on the link below, this subject has been discussed extensively on that tread.

https://www.indianrealestateforum.co...to-all?t=58823

Comment

Thanks...........

Comment

hi anyone there. knock knock knock knock..whew..
            can someone guide me on tower D progress or any other update. want to look at investing in this tower slotted for delivery in 2017...or are we restricing the forum only to tower a and c or something...

Comment

Hi AtaAltamonde,
              i haven't been to the site lately due to constant rain in mumbai, the last time i visited (premonsoon) i could see the plinth being taken up for construction, im planning to visit next sunday, shall update you with photographs if possible.
              Last edited June 28 2013, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Hello

All - I have joined the forum today and am planning to buy a flat at Alta Monte. I have gone through most of the posts and feel that most buyers are going through the same questions and anxieties regarding this project.

However, just wanted to check if any of the buyers:

1. have faced delays already (example, booked in 2011 and told possession will come in 2014, but now the builder is saying 2016)?

2. seen any other project completed by Omkar/ Era and was it delivered as per promised made during the sales pitch?

3. Can also someone share the pros and cons in investing an SRA project? Most people around me tell to steer clear of SRA as it becomes a hassle to later sell or rent the flat. Also, the appreciation gets affected.

Looking forward to getting some answers.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by AtaAltamonde View Post
                  Invader thanks for the time to put this up and I dont care even if you are a agent of any body including Omkar, as long as not of ISI or the likes. The effort taken by you and what is mentioned sounds good.
                  also what are people worried about in SRA. We have migrants and locals taking over government land and building slums/shanties over it. Instead of kick them out, govt due to political pressure either legalises them and/or does a SRA and gives them a financial payout and a proper house to stay thru builders like Omkar. Atleast you guys have bought these place legally and not illegally occupied any govt land. what do you care for after that on tenor etc..damn it..enjoy it or do what the slum dwellers do, refuse to vacate and become a vote bank should it come to it. Atleast this you should learn from these dwellers (with due respect).
                  I would happily do that if I get to squat over a land/flat by paying little or no money. Why would I want to go through all this trouble when I am paying crores for the flat? Its not that I am being offered some discount for all this trouble. And why risk my life with undue worries when I may have this flat as my biggest asset when I am retired?

Comment

Hey Dilliwala,
                    1) Myself & Jumbo 123 had booked in 2011, the builder had mentioned verbally between dec 2014 to june 2015 for tower A, subject to approval of plans from SRA.
                    2) Haven't seen any large projects completed by the builder (two commercials in andheri, one residential in Parel).
                    3) SRA project involves two portions first Rehab buildings for Slum dwellers (often called as SRA buildings) secondly free sale Building (Altamonte) meant for retail selling or selling to any one in the market.
                    now for free sale building (Altamonte) there are no issues in renting, selling, mortgaging or even taking a home loan on this project. you dont need permission from SRA or even the Builder once you have the occupancy.

on the other hand which most people get confused is about the Rehab building (SRA building), this which is meant for slum dwellers is not supposed to be rented, mortgaged or sold, this apartment can be sold by the slum dweller only after 10 years. however these are sold in black (no paper work) rented,leased without any paper work or agreement by the slumdwellers (in some cases they sign power of attorney with the buyer).

some of the renowned SRA projects are Hotel intercontinental (now the Lalith) at Sahar Airport, Imperial Towers at Haji Ali, HDIL Towers near Bandra Station.

Comment

Guys...Quick question...Altamonte is currently quoting 11,750 psft now...Im looking at how much investment potential is left here...In that regard i have a question for people here...What is the current ongoing rate in this area for a completed/ready to move in project like altamonte???

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X