Hi guyz,

I want to sell my flat, but there is a problem i didnt paid the registration charges when i purchased on 1992.. now i want to pay it but as per the Registration office here in Thane Maharashtra, Registration of Old property has been closed. Is there any way i can sell my flat & if the Bank will approve Loan for the buyer in such scenario..

Please Advice
Read more
3 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by shreeku
    Hi guyz,

I want to sell my flat, but there is a problem i didnt paid the registration charges when i purchased on 1992..
    ------then how you are going to prove that you are the owner of Flat?
    now i want to pay it but as per the Registration office here in Thane Maharashtra, Registration of Old property has been close

------Did you talk to good lawyer who deal in Property registrarion? I think you can do the registration but stamp duty may be more.

Is there any way i can sell my flat & if the Bank will approve Loan for the buyer in such scenario..
    ---- you can try to sell but buyer will need the evidence that you are the owner of the flat. You dont have the registration . How you will prove that you are owner? If I buy your flat I will go for registration on my name how you will do that?
    ** Bank will not give NOT give the loan if no registration. Go to Bank and ask what they need.
    Please Advice

----
    CommentQuote
  • I too have the same question. I paid stamp duty but did not register my flat in Powai, Mumbai. I understand that there is a circular from SubRegistrar,s office in Dec.11 in this matter. As per that circular you have to pay stamp duty again as per current market rate and then Registar the flat. I read this in TOI 2/3 weeks before. You can check this out from Registrar,s office or from some lawyer who deals in property matters
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by shreeku
    Hi guyz,

I want to sell my flat, but there is a problem i didnt paid the registration charges when i purchased on 1992.. now i want to pay it but as per the Registration office here in Thane Maharashtra, Registration of Old property has been closed. Is there any way i can sell my flat & if the Bank will approve Loan for the buyer in such scenario..

Please Advice

Check with Sub Registrar, most likely you will have to pay Stamp Duty at current market rate and also pay some penalty.

For sure Bank will not approve the loan, and also you will not be able to prove ownership if it is not registered in your name.
    CommentQuote