Real Estate Experts!

Any information on the Construction of a bridge between Malwani / Evershine Nagar.

Once a brige is constructed the traveling time to and from the place will be significantly reducted. Thus, the place will be easily accessable from Evershine Nagar or Toyota Showroom or even from Versova.

Thanks,
Concerned Resident
Read more
Reply
10 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Bridge currently not on plans

    Originally Posted by akazi
    Real Estate Experts!

    Any information on the Construction of a bridge between Malwani / Evershine Nagar.

    Once a brige is constructed the traveling time to and from the place will be significantly reducted. Thus, the place will be easily accessable from Evershine Nagar or Toyota Showroom or even from Versova.

    Thanks,
    Concerned Resident


    The location in reference falls under CRZ 1 zone and hence no new bridges can come up unless there is special provision of exemption by the Environment Ministry
    Ram
    CommentQuote
  • Bridges to connect Malwani to mainland

    Thank you very much for your kind comment on the subject.

    This special provision of exemption to be obtained by the Environment Ministry is very slim, I presume.

    However, in your opinion do you think there are any chances of that in the near future. The real estate agent who sold us the flat said that within next 5 years it would happen.

    Any more comments would be welcomed.

    Thanks again!

    __________________
    Akazi
    CommentQuote
  • I too heard about that bridge and i even heard that malwani would be connected to versova/seven banglows, but seem it just another ploy from the builders and agents in malwani as lot of people have move there since. as previously no one was ready to move to malwani as it famous for its criminals and anti social elements. and if you go to google earth there seems a lot of area to cover to conect to versove/yari road from Malawani. maybe our childrens childrens will see that. :)
    CommentQuote
    1 Comments
    • Saeed Bashir4 months ago
      THE FECTS ABOUT VERSOVA MALVANI CONNECTION IS DUE TO VOTE BANKS OF POLITICAL ISSUES ONCE ROAD CONNECTED THE PROPERTIES WILL COSTLY PRICES GO UP,DUE TO MORE MONEY IN 5,6,8,SLUMS WILL GET GOOD MONEY LIKE BHARAT NAGAR STORIES THE SLUMS WILL MIGRET AND THE BULK VOTES WILL LOSE.
      THATS WAY THE EVERSHINE AND VERSOVA LINK ROAD ACCESS KEPT HOLD.
  • Originally Posted by Nafees
    I too heard about that bridge and i even heard that malwani would be connected to versova/seven banglows, but seem it just another ploy from the builders and agents in malwani as lot of people have move there since. as previously no one was ready to move to malwani as it famous for its criminals and anti social elements. and if you go to google earth there seems a lot of area to cover to conect to versove/yari road from Malawani. maybe our childrens childrens will see that. :)



    Thank you for your kind reply

    Akazi
    CommentQuote
  • malwani

    I visited Malwani, very difficult to appraoch/connectivity Mhada of malwani. The traffic congestion is aweful.

    lots of barren land and creek around.
    I want to know
    Is this any good place to live?
    are mosquitoes trouble post monsoon?
    Is the bridge coming up? (I heard that there is a bridge being built connecting evershine with malwani) can anyone second it please.

    May be it is what Versova was 25 years ago. Can anyone advise if it is any good place to go and spend money on.

    1BHK is costing around 29Lakh. is that a good buy for the place?


    Thanks
    CommentQuote
  • The area is good and the mosquitoes problems are everywehere in Mumbai. I bought an apartment in that area and had a good appreciation too as well getting good rent. When my building was given possession, there used to be mosquitoes problems but after the cleaning of building I don't have that much. Wisely I can advise to go ahead, bus stand is close so transportation facilities are available.
    CommentQuote
  • Malwani,

    Pls. be advised that the rate of flats are increasing in this area but there will be significant increase when the bridge is constructed, thereby connecting the mainland.

    I was there in that area in July 2009 and I saw that the roads were constructed so there is a sign of development. The rental of a 2 BHK may be around Rs 9,000/= per month in a good building.

    Keep me informed of your views as well.
    CommentQuote
  • Bridge is under construction (Malwani and Evershine Nagar)??

    As per the below report the subject bridge is planned to be completed by December 2009. Can somebody second it.

    Thanks,


    New bridge on the block
    Posted On Friday, September 11, 2009 at 03:34:52 PM



    BMC begins work on a new bridge, which will connect Link Road directly to Malvani


    Simit Bhagat Evershine Nagar


    Following a long pending demand from the locals, the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) has taken up the construction of a bridge that will connect Evershine Nagar to Malvani. Civic officials state that the bridge will benefit hundreds of people going towards the Malvani and Madh - Marve belt every day. Earlier the bridge was merely a pedestrian bridge, forcing motorists to take the long route via Mithchowky.

    Bridge to the rescue of residents staying on the Madh-Marve belt


    “Currently, people have to cover a long distance to go towards Malvani or Marve side. Once the bridge will be completed, it will reduce the travel time drastically,” said Jaya Tiwana, the local corporator ward no – 31 (Adarsh Dughdhalaya – Evershine Nagar) of the area.
    Since lot of people had difficulties traveling, the locals requested for a vehicular bridge. Now the existing pedestrian bridge will be closed for around two months to carry out the work.
    “The work for the bridge would be completed in the next three months. Once the bridge is ready, it will be open to two wheelers, auto rickshaws and other light vehicles,” said a civic official from P/North ward requesting anonymity.
    Locals have welcomed the project, as they say this will reduce travel time by almost half. “Earlier we had to take the long route, via Mithchowky, to come to the Link Road. However, the bridge will be directly connected the Link Road, via Evershine Nagar, and will reduce the travel time by half,” said Ahsan Shaikh, who regularly travels to the Link Road from Malvani.
    CommentQuote
  • Malwani - Evershine Nagar Bridge

    Hi all,

    I was told exactly the same thing by the agent who showed me flats here that the pedestrian bridge has been closed to complete the bridge work which will get Malwani connected to Link road....however, this posts seems some 2 yrs or more old and nw sitting in June, 2013 also I don't see any sign of this so called connecting bridge to Evershine....does anyone has any more knowledge about this bridge...pls. Help if yes...Thanks & Regards.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vyerth
    I visited Malwani, very difficult to appraoch/connectivity Mhada of malwani. The traffic congestion is aweful.

    lots of barren land and creek around.
    I want to know
    Is this any good place to live?
    are mosquitoes trouble post monsoon?
    Is the bridge coming up? (I heard that there is a bridge being built connecting evershine with malwani) can anyone second it please.

    May be it is what Versova was 25 years ago. Can anyone advise if it is any good place to go and spend money on.

    1BHK is costing around 29Lakh. is that a good buy for the place?


    Thanks

    It is not a developed area like any other suburbs - there are large pockets of slums all around and more importantly there is not much of focus of infra development there. The local elected members also dont seem to be bothered too much as if the area develops and there are more affluent inhabitation they will find it difficult to manage their own agenda.

    Investments from govt on bridges, flyovers etc., has taken a backseat due to various reasons and this will not go away anytime soon.

    Investing in flats there is less opportunitistic as compared to paying some premium and investing in better areas in Malad itself. The returns, rentals, appreciation etc., will be much better and less of a tension
    CommentQuote