I am interested in purchasing a plot of land in Shahpur, Thane district. I want information about
1) VMC real estate developers
2) how can one check the credibility of the company?
3) Any way of checking if the plot is not sold to anybody else?
4) Is it ok to pay up before the NA approval for the land is got by the developer? They promise it will be done within 2 years.
5) Anyone who has had a good experience with any such real estate developers in and around Mumbai, which ones?
6) I would greatly appreciate a response from adovcates/ solicitors/ CAs/ govt. officials dealing with such matters

Thank you very much.
Read more
24 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Hi Niru.
    I have bought 4 plots with VMC and I'm getting the possesion next month. My experince with them has been very good.
    I was dupped a few times before with other companies . This time it was good .
    They are not as costly as DISHa Direct or soft corner , provide decent ammentines .
    we cheked with Shahpur land records and they have aquired the said land .
    Hope this helps.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rfn2004
    Hi Niru.
    I have bought 4 plots with VMC and I'm getting the possesion next month. My experince with them has been very good.
    They are not as costly as DISHa Direct or soft corner , provide decent ammentines .
    Hopr this helps.

No doubt a friend of VMC *wink* *wink* .. RE lobby guys are getting really innovative these days .. probably Philip Kotler could write another book on how to leverage modern media for marketing .. maybe he will .. if you guys manage to actually pull it off .. from the way things are .. I must say .. u guys are winning .. having hung on to totally unrealistic prices without any demand but yet held off any sort of price correction .. we must give it to you .. may be it will make a good case study on carteling in business schools some day
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Kimmig
    No doubt a friend of VMC *wink* *wink* .. RE lobby guys are getting really innovative these days .. probably Philip Kotler could write another book on how to leverage modern media for marketing .. maybe he will .. if you guys manage to actually pull it off .. from the way things are .. I must say .. u guys are winning .. having hung on to totally unrealistic prices without any demand but yet held off any sort of price correction .. we must give it to you .. may be it will make a good case study on carteling in business schools some day

Dear,
    I'm no lobby guy for VMC . I have a decent job and 3 flats in Mumbai. i like real easte as an investment option .I have studied almost all comapnies selling in Shahpur.
    to list a few-
    NRI CITY , Royal farms, Disha direct, Soft corner. Have met them all in person. Visited the sites. Checked the land records . the reason for Joining this form was i found a lot of NRI who are looking for good information and are beigh duped by the builder lobby.
    I had invested in a land in panvel and got roayaly jacked. Kotler is to great a person to compare with , His books have been instrumental for me in acheving growth in my career.

Wish you all the best.
    CommentQuote
  • What a clever broker!

Originally Posted by rfn2004
    Dear,
    I'm no lobby guy for VMC . I have a decent job and 3 flats in Mumbai. i like real easte as an investment option .I have studied almost all comapnies selling in Shahpur.
    to list a few-

NRI CITY , Royal farms, Disha direct, Soft corner. Have met them all in person. Visited the sites. Checked the land records . the reason for Joining this form was i found a lot of NRI who are looking for good information and are beigh duped by the builder lobby.
    I had invested in a land in panvel and got roayaly jacked. Kotler is to great a person to compare with , His books have been instrumental for me in acheving growth in my career.

Wish you all the best.
    CommentQuote
    Dear,
    to list a few-

Wish you all the best.

Originally Posted by rfn2004
    Hi Niru.
    Hope this helps.

Hi rfn2004,

What are the prevailing rates for VMCs competitors like NRI CITY , Royal farms, Disha direct, Soft corner ?

Which of the following below VMC projects did you go & the cost for that ?
    Are they NA plots & any banks giving loans for this plot ?

The below is what I've got from Sunita - VMC folks.
    1. VMC VIHANG Per Sq.Ft.99/-Rs. Plot Area 807 Sq.Ft. 80,000/-
    2. VMC CITY ANNEX Per Sq.Ft.175/-Rs. Plot Area 807Sq.Ft 1,41,225 /-
    3. VMC CITY PHASE 1 (VMC VILLA) Per Sq.Ft.250/-Rs. Plot Area 1076 Sq.Ft.Total Amt. 2,69,000/-
    4. VMC ESTATE ANNEX Per Sq.Ft.250/-Rs. Plot Area min.1065 Sq.Ft. Total Amt. 2,66,250/-.
    5. VMC ESTATE Per Sq.Ft.350/-Rs. Plot Area min.1065 Sq.Ft. Total Amt. 3,72,750/- Commercial Plot per Sq.Ft. 450/- Rs

Give me your contacts (number + email) if possible ?

Thx - Neel
    CommentQuote
  • Neel

Did you finialise anything on same. I would be keen too

Originally Posted by nilayk
    Hi rfn2004,

What are the prevailing rates for VMCs competitors like NRI CITY , Royal farms, Disha direct, Soft corner ?

Which of the following below VMC projects did you go & the cost for that ?
    Are they NA plots & any banks giving loans for this plot ?

The below is what I've got from Sunita - VMC folks.
    1. VMC VIHANG Per Sq.Ft.99/-Rs. Plot Area 807 Sq.Ft. 80,000/-
    2. VMC CITY ANNEX Per Sq.Ft.175/-Rs. Plot Area 807Sq.Ft 1,41,225 /-
    3. VMC CITY PHASE 1 (VMC VILLA) Per Sq.Ft.250/-Rs. Plot Area 1076 Sq.Ft.Total Amt. 2,69,000/-
    4. VMC ESTATE ANNEX Per Sq.Ft.250/-Rs. Plot Area min.1065 Sq.Ft. Total Amt. 2,66,250/-.
    5. VMC ESTATE Per Sq.Ft.350/-Rs. Plot Area min.1065 Sq.Ft. Total Amt. 3,72,750/- Commercial Plot per Sq.Ft. 450/- Rs

Give me your contacts (number + email) if possible ?

Thx - Neel
    CommentQuote
  • vmc vihang city

hai guys i am too looking for purchase of plots in vmc vihang city at sahapur can any one guide me where to check if the company is registered ....any site ..bcz news are that the president of the company was charged for cheating and several cases .....abd was bared by SEBI..to inter into capital market for 5 years ie 2001 -2006 guys need clearification can check on www.sebi.gov.in.......name is madhukar bhagwan......plz some one to guide wr i can get if the company is regestered adn the agremment has some leagle value....
    CommentQuote
    Hi Niru.
    Hope this helps.

hay man have u checked if the company is regestered or not if not checked yet do it fast ...if already checked plz let me know the site name wr i can check ..bcz i have got the registration num of company wt they say.....for ur knowledge....the president of company has got a lot of charges which u can find out on sebi.gov.in.....the chap has got cases of fraud....so plz reply as i was also thinking of purchasing few plots .....plz let me know...or for further details plz call me 8893997061
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by smarty0074
    Neel

Did you finialise anything on same. I would be keen too

i am also keen to buy few plots plz if possible u can give me ur contact num and guide me with ur experience...my num is 8893097061
    CommentQuote
  • VMC

They seems to be frauds and big liers...please stay away from them. I had given them initial deposit for two plots but after getting to know about some irregularities about them I have been asking for a cancellation and returnof my booking amount which they are not returning. If possible please advice how to tackle them
    CommentQuote
  • thats right they r fraud they don't have a registration num......and sebi has also black listed this project ...............beaware guys ...your investment is not in right project they r going to run away their repo in market is also very bad enquire about it
    CommentQuote
  • Hello, TBH I don't know much about VMC developers, we(my family) do own a few acres of land in Khardi, Shahapur which falls under Industrial zone (near Lalit Industries), and funnily enough a few local brokers have taken token of Rs.2 to 3 lakh from people coming from Delhi region and NRIs, stating that the plot touches the highway and has ample frontage, and these brokers then disappear after cheating the group. Our broker has informed us that many such cases are taking place in Shahapur region.

If you do plan to invest in land, do your homework, get proper info regarding every developer in that region be it DD, Softcorner, VMC, etc. Softcorner is the lesser evil among the ones mentioned but then it is your money, invest it wisely. Also there are a number of plots and bungalows coming up in this region, so there is no shortage of options nor will the rate increase exponentially in a short time as claimed by the developer, instead an agricultural plot (road touch) would fetch you more appreciation then these plots and you can get an acre for 8 - 10 lakhs on Shahapur - Murbad road or near Shenwa. So take your time ask for every detail from the developer you are entitled to do so and if he refrains from revealing key details about the project, leave.
    CommentQuote
  • I ve purchase a propose NA plot in VMC city at shahaur on 2008. They told me that Plot ll get NA before 4 years.Now they are saying that there is some issues and it may take 2 years or 3 not sure about that. so better way u take away ur money with 8 % interest. pls suggest me wt i ve to do?
    CommentQuote
  • Vmc Shahapur

On dated 1/04/2012 i visited on VMC's sarangpuri village site.I like it but i am little bit cnfused for investement. Please guide
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by amitdj09
    I ve purchase a propose NA plot in VMC city at shahaur on 2008. They told me that Plot ll get NA before 4 years.Now they are saying that there is some issues and it may take 2 years or 3 not sure about that. so better way u take away ur money with 8 % interest. pls suggest me wt i ve to do?

Hello Amitdj09,
    I spoke to VMC and they said that VMC city has already been "NA".
    One of the local agent said that if a land is "NA" then it must have a survey number. Do have one?
    What is your view on this?

I was there to purchase some plots in VMC vihang, which is an agricultural land yet and i am not sure how long it will take for it to become an "NA"

Also, there are indeed lot of questions to their credibility as well.
    I guess the company is still not "CIS" (Collective investment scheme) registered.

What is CIS?
    SEBI
    CommentQuote