Folks

I think given the current economic conditions, this is the best time to invest in RE! I am sure all the Builders, Brokers and media people covering RE will agree with me! So will investors.

1. The Rupee is weakening. Means NRIs will send more money to India - where will they park it? Of course RE! That means demand for RE will increase. So resident Indians should beat the NRIs by investing themselves before NRIs

2. For anyone who invested in RE in 2007, within 5 years their investment has tripled! Even if we take a little slower rate of increase, TOday's investment will surely double by 2017! Aaj ka Ek crore becomes rs. 2 crore or more by 2017!!

3. Stock market is going down so investors will sell stocks and invest in RE! Beat them to the game by investing in RE before they do!

4. RBI is expected to reduced interest rates, which will mean more people will be able to afford loans (they might not have jobs but that's never a factor) ...suddenly salaried people will take huge loans and demand for RE will increase. Beat them and invest in RE before they do!

5. It is clear the that present government has no alternative. So they will 2014 elections! All the money collected after the elections will need to be parked! Where else but RE! Beat them ....

6. India's population has increased and will keep increasing. Land is scarce. So RE can never come down. More people will be born in the next couple of years than in the last couple of years! More people means more demand. Beat them to it ...invest in RE before they do!

Overall the situation could not be better than it is today and a even bigger RE boom is the only thing one can expect!

AJ :bab (59):
Read more
11 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Good One AJ,
    I wish it will happen as per your thoughts and no negative impact of macro economy, investor confidence, reduced GDP & company's restricting their expansion plans which may lead to slow down new job creation/disposable income with investtors.

Cheers
    CommentQuote
  • I think real estate will crash like share market in 2008. Price are too high for end user which need to be corrected.
    CommentQuote
  • hi,

i dont think anytime is bad to invest u have to take long term view...

markets would go up and down but long term it would increase....

markets crashed in 1995,2008 but see where we are today...(prices have increased doublefold)

if u hold long u would get benefit....not everbody has the money to buy resale....
    CommentQuote
  • Agree with Navin

Agree with Navin, anytime if gud time to invest in RE. The prices dip for not-so-gud locality / project - overall RE prices go up.

with inflation, cost escalation etc - what makes ppl think that prices with dip - come september 2012 - prices of RE will start moving upwards..
    CommentQuote
  • Totally agree with you

Originally Posted by simsagar
    Agree with Navin, anytime if gud time to invest in RE. The prices dip for not-so-gud locality / project - overall RE prices go up.

with inflation, cost escalation etc - what makes ppl think that prices with dip - come september 2012 - prices of RE will start moving upwards..

Totally agree with you!

RE in India can NEVER come down. After all look at last few years, RE investment has given such excellent returns! And the builders will never allow prices to come down. So to make a killing, invest before launch special offers / soft launch. Invest in cash and rake in the moolah after only a couple of years. No matter how unaffordable RE becomes, Indian public has to buy a house and stay in it. At the same time, 'investors' have to invest in something -what better than RE.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by AJ2008oo
    Folks

I think given the current economic conditions, this is the best time to invest in RE! I am sure all the Builders, Brokers and media people covering RE will agree with me! So will investors.

1. The Rupee is weakening. Means NRIs will send more money to India

- where will they park it?
    ----------- Rupee weakening does not mean that all the NRI or PIO will send money to India or they have enough money. They can also get tax free 9.25 or 10% Bank Intrest and can deposit in indian Bank. Those who have Permanent Residence/Green card/Citizenship dont care much about investing in india.
    Of course RE! That means demand for RE will increase.
    So resident Indians should beat the NRIs by investing themselves before NRIs
    -----no NRI beating matter by investing in RE.
    2. For anyone who invested in RE in 2007, within 5 years their investment has tripled! Even if we take a little slower rate of increase, TOday's investment will surely double by 2017! Aaj ka Ek crore becomes rs. 2 crore or more by 2017!!
    ------------------ Dont match 2007 with 2017.appriciation in reaility depends on lot of factors.
    3. Stock market is going down so investors will sell stocks and invest in RE! Beat them to the game by investing in RE before they do!
    -------- How Much you got from Developers/builders to post that one should invest in Re?:D
    4. RBI is expected to reduced interest rates, which will mean more people will be able to afford loans
    ------- How they will be paying the loans back to bank???
    (they might not have jobs but that's never a factor) ...suddenly salaried people will take huge loans and demand for RE will increase. Beat them and invest in RE before they do!
    -------- It is very difficult for the salaried people to pay back the "huge' loans and dont expect that reading your post salaried people are going to stand in lines before banks to get huge loans.

5. It is clear the that present government has no alternative. So they will 2014 elections! All the money collected after the elections will need to be parked! Where else but RE! Beat them ....
    -----------------They know better than you and me where to park te money
    6. India's population has increased and will keep increasing. Land is scarce. So RE can never come down. More people will be born in the next couple of years than in the last couple of years! More people means more demand.
    Beat them to it ...invest in RE before they do!
    -Do you mean beat the peaple who are going to born??
    Overall the situation could not be better than it is today and a even bigger RE boom is the only thing one can expect!

AJ :bab (59):

------ FYI how many NRI are earning to invest in india? do you know the Economic conditions of NRI who are doing labor job in Arab countries? Do you think all NRI/PIO in UK, Canada, US are Doctors or in IT?
    CommentQuote
  • Its quite amazing how people completely misunderstand the economic turmoil NRI community is going through. Yes rupee's depreciation has helped but the decline in economic fortunes suffered by NRIs in countries they reside is much bigger. I know lots and lots of people who fear for their job security, have had no salary increases for last 1-2 years, much lower bonueses, have lost their jobs etc etc. So to simply state that NRIs will bail out Indian RE is childishness. NRIs who bought properties in the countries they live in (not all) have mostly gone down in value. So some people are already sitting on a loss.
    As i said in another post, at the end of the day, investors have to find a buyer for super expensive properties they are hoping to sell in few years time. Where will the money come from? How manay people can afford properties worth 2-3 crores.
    CommentQuote
  • best time really? Or are you some kind of an investor worried about your inventories...
    best time was in 2004-2005...
    I see flat with area 700 + in Malad up for 55 laks. thats a sharp drop in prices which were being quoted for 70 laks..

Just keep watching how the prices drop left and right...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ajayanari
    best time really? Or are you some kind of an investor worried about your inventories...
    best time was in 2004-2005...
    I see flat with area 700 + in Malad up for 55 laks. thats a sharp drop in prices which were being quoted for 70 laks..

Just keep watching how the prices drop left and right...

Price reduction...
    Mumbai...yes..coz it has crossed affordable limits left n right
    NCR...no...coz at similar earning levels for Mumbaikars and their NCR counterparts, it is still selling at half the rates
    CommentQuote
  • for investment its not the right time..n prices depends upon demand and supply..the area where i stay (ghatkopar east)..there is absolutely no construction n no1 wants to shift to ghatkopar west..where ders huge construction..so rates r really high in ghatkopar east..but i wudnt say the same thing abt other areas..i think there is over supply..n prices will have to come down by 15-20%..bt again it depends on the area, supply of flats and what stage the project is in..I sold my property last yr n bought another one in de same area...so watever trend market follows wont affect me..as i sold n bought around same price..
    CommentQuote
  • While property prices in Mumbai are high and certain amount of correction is possible but fortunately or unfortunately it wont go down as much as people would wish to. The main reasons are. Mumbai is already overcrowded and there is enough local buyer always. People may be renting but they still want to buy. Mumbai not only have loads of local buyer but also investors unlike spain or greece where it was a true bubble. Especially at the time of ecomonic turmoil people turn to "safe haven" investment i.e. investing in big cities likes Mumbai instead or tier 2 or 3 cities.
    CommentQuote