Last updated: August 23 2016
15 | Posts
6799 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regency Heights, Regency Group, Thane, Mumbai

Hi all,
    I have short-listed 2 properties in Thane. I am looking for a 2BH under 1 Cr. The 2 projects that I have short listed are Dosti Vihar and Regency Heights. Regency Heights looks very enticing; I have been given a quotation of 1.02 for a 2BHK on 16th floor. Area of the flat is 1165 (around 780 carpet area). They are also providing one A/C, Modular Kitchen and all the electrical fittings. However, when I visited, they did not have any brochure and I was told that they have not launched the project yet (but have already sold-out 3 of the 5 towers). The super-sturcture of the tower is ready and builder is asking for 97% payment. The possession will be in May-2013.

Has anyone done background on this project. I found out that Axis bank lists it as one of the approved projects. The location is Near Brahmand Phase-1 GB Road

Website: Regency (again nothing is available here other than one page)
    Location Map:19.239998, 72.982553 - Google Maps

Thanks

Re : Regency Heights, Regency Group, Thane, Mumbai

Dosti Vihar enjoys a better location as compared to Regency heights, also rates in GB road are lesser as compared to Pokharan Road-2, not sure why Regency is charging such a high premium in GB road locality.

I have seen Dosti Vihar but havent been to Regency Heights, I think on a 1cr budget you might also want to check Hiranandani Meadows, Thane

Comment

Originally posted by pande1 View Post
      Dosti Vihar enjoys a better location as compared to Regency heights, also rates in GB road are lesser as compared to Pokharan Road-2, not sure why Regency is charging such a high premium in GB road locality.

I have seen Dosti Vihar but havent been to Regency Heights, I think on a 1cr budget you might also want to check Hiranandani Meadows, Thane
      I am not sure if Hiranandani Meadows will fit in 1 Cr. I am looking for a 2BHK. Moreover, I heard from others and on this forum that there are still may flats which have not got OC and people have to rely on private water suppliers.

Comment

Hi dtbuyerthane,

I was also interested in Regency height and the builder had quated me 90 Lks for a 2 bhk on 6th floor + Rs30 for floor rise. This was about a month back, somewhere in June. the only concerned I have is the possession date. Why this delay when building is ready? Seems like he is waiting for approval...
        Also by paying 95% upfront one has to pay to bank for 1 yea :-(

Comment

Originally posted by sparsh View Post
          Hi dtbuyerthane,

I was also interested in Regency height and the builder had quated me 90 Lks for a 2 bhk on 6th floor + Rs30 for floor rise. This was about a month back, somewhere in June. the only concerned I have is the possession date. Why this delay when building is ready? Seems like he is waiting for approval...
          Also by paying 95% upfront one has to pay to bank for 1 yea :-(
          Exactly. He quoted to me the same price. He was giving me 16th floor for 1.02 Cr all inclusive. Some of things that seemed odd to me were:
          (a) They do not have any printed brouchures. They show the plans on some photocopied paper
          (b) They say they have not launched the project yet, but have already sold-out 3 of the 5 towers
          (c) If you have seen the flat, 2BHK's have a very big duct which you can enter from the kitchen and goes all the way to the back of the toilets. This duct is very big and can really be a big utility space. I wonder why would someone create such a big duct. I have seen around 7 projects in Thane and many more plans on the internet but I have never seen such a big duct.
          (d) The rate is 6700 for garden facing side and 6500 for road facing (however they raised it to 7000 and 6700 as per one SMS I received). But considering they provide very high carpet area + modular kitchen + one split AC + fittings, it looks very enticing (and that's why I am scared ...is it too good to be true??)
          (e) why are they giving possession after one year when the tower is ready (except interiors/flooring). I dread paying 97% amount when they even do not have a decent brochure to show.

Please add any more information about this project.
          Last edited July 24 2012, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Thats right.

A friend bought in Hiranandani Meadows 3bhk @36 lacs last year. yep its true. How?

Contacts. The asking price like 1.6 cr. I would say go to hell!

Now he and his family (incl poor baby 3 years old) is used to drinking tanker water. Falls sick if he drinks Mineral water!

Originally posted by dtbuyerthane View Post
            I am not sure if Hiranandani Meadows will fit in 1 Cr. I am looking for a 2BHK. Moreover, I heard from others and on this forum that there are still may flats which have not got OC and people have to rely on private water suppliers.

Comment

regency heights

I purchased 3 BHK at regency heights and currently completing transaction..

Comment

Originally posted by dtbuyerthane View Post
                Hi all,
                I have short-listed 2 properties in Thane. I am looking for a 2BH under 1 Cr. The 2 projects that I have short listed are Dosti Vihar and Regency Heights. Regency Heights looks very enticing; I have been given a quotation of 1.02 for a 2BHK on 16th floor. Area of the flat is 1165 (around 780 carpet area). They are also providing one A/C, Modular Kitchen and all the electrical fittings. However, when I visited, they did not have any brochure and I was told that they have not launched the project yet (but have already sold-out 3 of the 5 towers). The super-sturcture of the tower is ready and builder is asking for 97% payment. The possession will be in May-2013.

Has anyone done background on this project. I found out that Axis bank lists it as one of the approved projects. The location is Near Brahmand Phase-1 GB Road

Website: Regency (again nothing is available here other than one page)
                Location Map:19.239998, 72.982553 - Google Maps

Thanks
                Why dont u try Neelkanth Greens / Acme Ozone, pretty sure its under ur budget and ready/near possession as well.

There is also one more project nearby Greens, Cosmos something, it should fit as well.

Vasant Vihar (nearby meadows) is much better than Brahmand, don't go that far considering ur budget is good.

Comment

Dosti Vihar is aprt of some rental scheme - so getting OC will be a problem.

Regency Heights seems too expensive for the location - it's off GB road - for this location the price is too high.

also, as per the postings - its tell-tale signs tha somethign is amiss

Keep away and don't fall for the temptation.

Comment

If i have read the posts correctly then what I gather is this...the builder has not even launched the project and he is asking for 97% payment...for what? I for one am very sure that people should not buy houses without actually seeing a show or a sample flat. Consider this...would you buy even a shirt for yourself without seeing it or a saree for ur loved one without seeing it? No na...then how come we get so flexible when it comes to a home. I have seen several builders who show you sample flats with no doors and mirrors all over to make it look nice and airy. They show you a Merc and sell u a santro saying idhar se 2 feet udhar se 3 feet kam hiojaayega etc etc. All are just gimmicks. The buyer of today is desperate but we shd not forget that its our hard earned money at the end of the day. As far as this project goes I would stay away from Regency heights.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X