Lodha Casa Bella by Lodha Group in Dombivli East, Mumbai

Last updated: March 20 2017
1252 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Lodha Casa Bella by Lodha Group in Dombivli East, Mumbai

Hi all,

After a long time I am posting in this group and I see that the discussions are really hotting up.

I read major kaushik's letter to lodha and it was good to see that somebody is taking proactive steps.

For all the persons who have just invested, I suggest that you read from the beginning as to what all was posted in the thread. i have been active since the beginning of the thread and over time I have seen what the site and the projects have developed into.

If you ask somebody who had booked their flat almost 8 months ago and if you see the condition of the site now, you will be surprised to know that the doubts and the mistrust that is usually there have been slowly but surely quelled. Slowly things are moving in place and a lot of people have also signed their stamp duty and registration papers (Not allotment letters!).

I have gone to the site recently and seen the progress. Well although it is not exactly proceeding at a blitzkreig rate but that maybe due to the rains.

First of all I would like you all not to take the allotment letter very seriously. If you see any agreement letter or any business deed being signed, this is the usual tone and composure of the letter. One has to be very clear on the terms and conditions and one usually tries so that nobody has to take the liability later on. I did not find anything alarming in the allotment letters actually.

The date in my allotment letter for completion is march 2012. Will they make it? I guess no, because I already am expecting a delay of about 6 months. But is that so bad, how many of the builders whom you know have delivered their projects right on time. Some delay is obviously to be expected.

I am not saying that we don't have to be cautious. We have to be at all times, but at times stop shouting on the computer with your words and go to the site and see. It will be very much reassuring, let me tell you that.

And last but not the least. The project has the potential to be at par with one of the best, because a lot of lodha projects are coming up in the vicinity like casa rio, lodha golflinks, casa bella and casa bella . In some time (you have to have patience) it will develop into a mini city and I am sure this area will command prime rates then.

But you have to have patience, if you don't have please don't invest in under construction property, but a ready possesion flat by paying double the price, Period. If you have invested, you agree that there is a certain amount of risk involved, but because it is a reputed builder like lodha we have to take a chance.

Regards,
    Debayan

Comment

Folks...

I did booking almost 9 months back and at that time they promised possession in Feb 2011 with grace period of 6 months but now when I am getting this allotment letter..they are mentioning date as Feb 2012 with grace period of 1 year...

Even I can understand that there will be delays etc...but atleast in the legal docs they should mention what was decided/promised at the time of booking ...

How can they change that at this stage? We all invested at that remote place because of lodha's reputation and lodha shouldn't act like small time builders and cheat buyers...

There are clauses like builder can abandon at any time and once we sign those kind of clauses...You really aren't left with any recourse mechanism..

Can we justify that as well?
      Last edited by fundoo158; August 6 2010, 03:55 PM.

Comment

dear fundoo,

Have you seen your employment letter?

Doesn't it say that you can be terminated if any disciplinary action is taken again you.

Have you seen your insurance documents?

Doesn't it state that the insurance is not valid for unnatural cases like war, epidemic or acts of god etc.

Have you read your home loand papers?

Doesn't it state that fixed rate of interest can be raised in unforseen circumstances. Then isn't it equal to floating rates?

How many more examples shall I give. This jargon is only like that and it is to be taken with a pinch of salt. Unless something really bad happens they will not stop the project. Do you know how many more projects are coming up in the dombivili vicinity? Both by Lodha and others? Lodha has an astonishing 4 projects going on right now right where you have booked. Don't you think it is too much of a risk for Lodha to take to shut not 1 but 4 projects down, because if 1 fails there will be no trust value and all 3 will automatically fail.

And as far as the date of posession goes, yes some of the marketing people might have taken you for a ride, but seriously guys it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that this project will take time because it is huge! If you had booked eight months ago, then you will know that at that time even the land wasn't prepared properly, no levelling was done, not a single pit dug. And if somebody says that it will ready in 2011 would you buy that? I wouldn't at least.

Apart from the schedule issues there is no point debating other points because it is all speculative

Comment

Correctly said

Originally posted by debayan View Post
          dear fundoo,

Have you seen your employment letter?

Doesn't it say that you can be terminated if any disciplinary action is taken again you.

Have you seen your insurance documents?

Doesn't it state that the insurance is not valid for unnatural cases like war, epidemic or acts of god etc.

Have you read your home loand papers?

Doesn't it state that fixed rate of interest can be raised in unforseen circumstances. Then isn't it equal to floating rates?

How many more examples shall I give. This jargon is only like that and it is to be taken with a pinch of salt. Unless something really bad happens they will not stop the project. Do you know how many more projects are coming up in the dombivili vicinity? Both by Lodha and others? Lodha has an astonishing 4 projects going on right now right where you have booked. Don't you think it is too much of a risk for Lodha to take to shut not 1 but 4 projects down, because if 1 fails there will be no trust value and all 3 will automatically fail.

And as far as the date of posession goes, yes some of the marketing people might have taken you for a ride, but seriously guys it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that this project will take time because it is huge! If you had booked eight months ago, then you will know that at that time even the land wasn't prepared properly, no levelling was done, not a single pit dug. And if somebody says that it will ready in 2011 would you buy that? I wouldn't at least.

Apart from the schedule issues there is no point debating other points because it is all speculative
          Please refer my post earlier. Actually we are making it too much a big issue. Complete Sys of Banking like HDFC, ICICI, SBI, LIC Housing etc are not fools dear. I think we all are reacting too much. Just make sure you should behave like gentlemen investor and give chance to other party to compplete the big challenge.

Why I wrote to them on allotment letter issue....I know they are no going to change anything. But it for just documentation. Debiyan is correct in all sense, Moreover the validity of allotment letter is only upto sale agreement only. I think CB and CBG are wonderful projects. The strict conditions gives a indication that they are making all the efforts to complete the projects.

If you go though other project links also, everybody is doubting their builders and facing delay problems. Have patience and 1 to 2 yr dely is also i think OK.

Any views.....

Comment

have you booked in CB or CBG reply pl. request that all members should write their contact no also to have a better conversation

Comment

Agree

I agree with the views of both Debayan and Maj Kaushik. Lets not get too worried and carried away with just allotment letter clauses that anyways are just interim documents till you finally register and pay your stamp duty. Sure you can and should clarify any issues not to your expectations. More importantly though, Lodha cannot afford to sully their image or reputation by defaulting so badly as to scrap their project. I think our concern should be more on ultimately the quality as promised being delivered. The way i see it is a few months delay in completion is far better than shoddily finished work. Think of the hassles of repairing a leaking ceiling or broken plumbing or or or. CWG anyone????

Comment

Originally posted by fray54 View Post
                I agree with the views of both Debayan and Maj Kaushik. Lets not get too worried and carried away with just allotment letter clauses that anyways are just interim documents till you finally register and pay your stamp duty. Sure you can and should clarify any issues not to your expectations. More importantly though, Lodha cannot afford to sully their image or reputation by defaulting so badly as to scrap their project. I think our concern should be more on ultimately the quality as promised being delivered. The way i see it is a few months delay in completion is far better than shoddily finished work. Think of the hassles of repairing a leaking ceiling or broken plumbing or or or. CWG anyone????
                Has sombody started paying construction linked payments from banks etc

Comment

Any update on registration process of CBG

Is there any update on registration process of CBG?
                  I received a call that they are starting the process in third week of August
                  Any update on approval of CBG by HDFC?

Comment

Originally posted by maj_kaushik View Post
                    Has sombody started paying construction linked payments from banks etc
                    For CBG this wouldnt have happened since the plinth has not come up and the bank will not release payment until then since there will be no demand from the developer. However one of my clients approached Kotak for loan and he was informed that they are ready to pay off Lodha completely and start his EMI right away.

Comment

EMI payments for casa bella

I got a notional demand letter of Rs. 10,000/- from Lodha and got my home loan EMI started by SBI although the construction of my wing (Majestica B wing) is yet to start.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X