They claim to complete the first phase of the project by Sept-10. I have been reading the media articles that around 250 units are booked on the very first week of opening. The price at 1998/sqf- Superbuilt up area. Is this worth buying ? Has anyone booked the flat here ? Learnt that Lodha is a reputed builder.
Read more
Reply
1205 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • MVAT

    Here is an Email tht i had sent to Lodha Customer Care to check on MVAT situation:

    Hi XXXX

    I have received a letter dated 4 January 2011 from Lodha demanding to arrange for MVAT payment. I have registered my property before 1st April 2010 and do not foresee any liability to arrange for the payment of MVAT.

    I also have consulted few people (who have registered their property before 1st April 2010) including a Chartered Accountant and a Lawyer and have been advised that i need not have to arrange for this payment whatsoever. Also the recent circular is for 1% MVAT payment which has to be paid at the time of registration of your property. I do not know from where you have arrived at this figure of 5% MVAT.

    If you still insist that their is a potential MVAT applicable to buyers who have registered their property before 1st April 2010, then please furnish me with Government resolution with a circular number.

    Also, i was disheartened and disappointed while having tele conversation with you today. Especially, when you where insisting that this is a possession formality which i have to complete. I would like to know if you are saying that i will not be handed over possession of my flat, if i fail to deposit this amount in Yes bank with lien to Lodha. First of all this is an indirect tax which you are trying to levy upon your customers. Secondly if this is payable by the customer, then why can't we wait till the actual decision is released ?

    I would require a clarification on all highlighted points as soon as possible.


    Satish Bangera

    Reply Received:-

    Dear Mr.Bangera
    Greetings from Lodha!!

    As discussed there is petition for 5% Mvat which is still pending for decision.
    So we have asked customers to make Fixed deposit for 5% Mvat amount in applicant's name in nearest Yes Bank or any other nationalised Bank.

    Below is criteria to make Fixed Deposit:

    • Fixed deposit will be in lien with Lodha Dwellers Pvt Ltd.
    • Term of Fixed Deposit will be 3 Years
    • Fixed deposit should be auto renewal.

    Once Fixed deposit is done kindly provide us the photo copy of FD receipt.

    • If court decision is in customer's favour then after informing Lodha, customer can break FD amount and amount along with interest will belong to customer.
    • If court decision is applicability of Mvat to customers, then FD will be break up after intimating customer and amount will be paid to Government.


    Below is legal opinion:

    Applicability of VAT

    * 5% tax is leviable under the ' Composition Scheme' on the "Total Contract Value"( Ref. Section 43(3)(a) of MVAT Act, 2002 in respect of agreements registered prior to 01/04/2010. Thus, the 5% tax is payable on entire "Contract value" under the 'Composition Scheme' without eligible for any deduction under the provisions of law, including deduction of value of land. Relevant section is attached herewith.

    * In other words, deduction in respect of value of land is not available under the 'Composition Scheme'. The deduction of value of land is available if the contractor has decided to discharge his tax liability under the "Taxation method".

    * MVAT for registrations done prior to 1st April, 2010 is subjudice in the High court and in all probability will go to the Supreme court. Therefore, we are asking all such clients to deposit 5% of CV into Fixed Deposit with a lien to Lodha. We have been advised to do so by our taxation consultants. If the court upholds the levy, there may be a penalty for non payment of MVAT and also interest for delayed/non-payment. Therefore, keeping the customer’s interest in mind, we have been advised to request fixed deposits.


    Please feel free to call for any clarification.

    Thanks & Regards,
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by keithbraganza
    The news of magnifica possesion is alien to me as i havent received
    any initimation from lodhas with regard to the same.I was initially told
    possesion end dec-10,then end jan-11,now its been pushed back to
    end feb-11.Newayz i guess its better late than neva.
    Beachking's comment is pretty naive as rates at CB have nearly appreciated 75% since initial launch.I do hope all goes well with the
    project and all investors in this project get timely possesion of their flats.


    If you are getting 75% from your original booking amt, release this and move to Panvel. If you want to stay in it for personal use then its a different story. If this is an investment its done with appreciation.
    If i had invested in this property i will plan to move out now. I am not sure since when you have parked your money in this project. But if you had invested in Panvel area since Oct-2010 its has increased from Rs3100 to Rs 4500. And i feel those are going go upwards but will never come downwards..I know this is a seperate topic of discussion.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by keithbraganza
    The news of magnifica possesion is alien to me as i havent received
    any initimation from lodhas with regard to the same.I was initially told
    possesion end dec-10,then end jan-11,now its been pushed back to
    end feb-11.Newayz i guess its better late than neva.
    Beachking's comment is pretty naive as rates at CB have nearly appreciated 75% since initial launch.I do hope all goes well with the
    project and all investors in this project get timely possesion of their flats.


    do you own a flat in magnifica??? If yes then pls check with customer services as my customer service rep told me they are busy giving away possession letters to customers of magnifica...
    CommentQuote
  • Possesion

    Thanks Mr Kakkad.As i am outside the coutry at present i did receive an email from lodhas today asking to provide details of the electric meter.Furthermore they have also added that the first few towers are complete and my appartment is due for possesion soon although they have not mentioned any date or month for that reason but i reckon it will be end jan or mid feb 2011.That really is great news and i am absoultely thrilled at this.I am also happy that this forum is alive and kicking and i was following it all the way.Now that i am about to get possesion my mind is at peace :).beachking thanks so much for the advice by i guess i will hold on to this property as i have a gut feeling that dombivli is going to be the city of the future so i will hold on to it for sometime.
    CommentQuote
  • Possesion

    Has anybody been to the casabella site of late?

    I was jus wondering whether lodhas have started with the landscaping

    work and also whether there are roads constructed within the vicinity?

    Also another major problem is reaching casa bella from dombivli station

    as its miles apart.What about the usarghar railway station wonder whats

    happening on that.......:bab (2):
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by keithbraganza
    Has anybody been to the casabella site of late?

    I was jus wondering whether lodhas have started with the landscaping

    work and also whether there are roads constructed within the vicinity?

    Also another major problem is reaching casa bella from dombivli station

    as its miles apart.What about the usarghar railway station wonder whats

    happening on that.......:bab (2):


    i do stay at Dombivli and pass thru same road everyday..as per far view of location i can say that few buildings are ready with outer paints..but not sure of roads for flat owners as still it is used for consruction work vehicles.

    Reaching Casa bella from Dombili is not a difficult task as you easily get Share Auto for Lodha Heaven (Rs.10) which is bang opposite Casa bella.

    No sign of develpopment for usarghar as it might be a future development only.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rajatcasa
    i do stay at Dombivli and pass thru same road everyday..as per far view of location i can say that few buildings are ready with outer paints..but not sure of roads for flat owners as still it is used for consruction work vehicles.

    Reaching Casa bella from Dombili is not a difficult task as you easily get Share Auto for Lodha Heaven (Rs.10) which is bang opposite Casa bella.

    No sign of develpopment for usarghar as it might be a future development only.


    Congrats Keith on your new home! thankfully your problems seem to be done with, do keep tuned in to this forum tho' as we would like to hear your comments on the final product delivered. You would be the best person to also update us on the landscaping and access roads to and within the site. Realise you're currently out but do keep us posted when details available - probably you or anyone due to get possession are our best bet right now to info within site as we are still barred from entry.

    Thanks Rajat for your inputs as well. I too don't find commuting from Dombivili stn to site not too bad, tho have always this far done the trip by Lodha's vehicles. Presumably there is going to be a Complex bus service to Dom'vili stn regularly, once the Complex is handed over. Usarghar Stn will be servicable only after CB & CBG are fully tenanted, this info courtesy my CC guy - Raymond
    CommentQuote
  • Possesion

    Thanks rajat for info. fray will sure be logged onto the forum and will keep you guys updated on site and appartment condition once i get possesion.However being an NRI i am mostly out of the country but my parents will be probably taking possesion of the flat initially.Will keep you guys updated from time to time......cheers:)
    CommentQuote
  • congrats...

    Originally Posted by fray54
    Congrats Keith on your new home! thankfully your problems seem to be done with, do keep tuned in to this forum tho' as we would like to hear your comments on the final product delivered. You would be the best person to also update us on the landscaping and access roads to and within the site. Realise you're currently out but do keep us posted when details available - probably you or anyone due to get possession are our best bet right now to info within site as we are still barred from entry.

    Thanks Rajat for your inputs as well. I too don't find commuting from Dombivili stn to site not too bad, tho have always this far done the trip by Lodha's vehicles. Presumably there is going to be a Complex bus service to Dom'vili stn regularly, once the Complex is handed over. Usarghar Stn will be servicable only after CB & CBG are fully tenanted, this info courtesy my CC guy - Raymond



    Congrats to Keith and others who are getting possession. However, most of us are not lucky as our projects are not started yet. When will they start, no body knows.......However, if any one get chance to visit the flats in magneficia, then please share your comments on that....


    Regarding casabella reaching from Dombivali, it is not at all problematic. Share auto, taxi and buses are available from station as well as Manpada jn.

    regardding price appreciation, I can bet that this location of entire Kalyan-Shil road will give maximum benefit to investor as well as buyer. Look it is a center point to Thane-Mahape-Taloja-Dombivali...all just 12-15 Km away from it. Moreover, after CSB, CSB GOLD and RIO gets completed, hopefully till 2015, people from Dombivali will migrate to this location for better living statndard. Further Booster will be local train......

    So just hold till next 7-8 years and see your money getting multiplied.....
    CommentQuote
  • Congrats Keith

    Originally Posted by keithbraganza
    Thanks Mr Kakkad.As i am outside the coutry at present i did receive an email from lodhas today asking to provide details of the electric meter.Furthermore they have also added that the first few towers are complete and my appartment is due for possesion soon although they have not mentioned any date or month for that reason but i reckon it will be end jan or mid feb 2011.That really is great news and i am absoultely thrilled at this.I am also happy that this forum is alive and kicking and i was following it all the way.Now that i am about to get possesion my mind is at peace :).beachking thanks so much for the advice by i guess i will hold on to this property as i have a gut feeling that dombivli is going to be the city of the future so i will hold on to it for sometime.


    You are welcome Keith... Just keep us posted on how the flats are and the amenities and if there are any extra hidden charges (as i am suspecting that lodha might come up with something again like MVAT) We all are waiting to see how your flat is and you will be the only source for us to believe for now whether this project is going to be a super hit or flop..
    Anyways please post your flats pictures like inside outside and the lobby as i think its difficult for many of us to regularly visit the site.

    Guys - we all need to patiently wait till 2015. Rest of mumbai / navi mumbai is just gone beyond our reach.. though we are expecting a market correction but the same will not happen in the ratio that we will be able to afford it.. So let's just continue with our current investment and wait for the seeds to grow...
    CommentQuote
  • Possesion

    Yeah sure Mr Kakkad i wil be obliged to stay tuned to this forum

    even after i get possesion and not back out.BTW....also did pay

    MVAT tax to lodhas last week now all thats pending is the final

    possesion payment and formalities.As i am based outside india i

    cannot promise the photographs as my parents will be going to

    take possesion of the appartment and now myself.But will tell you

    what they tell me :D ........I am sure in another 5 years dombivli

    will develop into a bustling satellite town and the decision to invest

    here would prove to be a wise one.........fingers crossed:bab (38):
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by keithbraganza
    Yeah sure Mr Kakkad i wil be obliged to stay tuned to this forum

    even after i get possesion and not back out.BTW....also did pay

    MVAT tax to lodhas last week now all thats pending is the final

    possesion payment and formalities.As i am based outside india i

    cannot promise the photographs as my parents will be going to

    take possesion of the appartment and now myself.But will tell you

    what they tell me :D ........I am sure in another 5 years dombivli

    will develop into a bustling satellite town and the decision to invest

    here would prove to be a wise one.........fingers crossed:bab (38):


    Thanks Keith, appreciate your inputs and info. Agree with your views on the future prospects of the area. - Raymond
    CommentQuote
  • Possesion

    Most welcome fray.....will be in touch....nice to know people are really

    taking in this forum....its like 2-3 posts every day and makes for

    interesting reading.....keep the replies coming in guys.......:bab (22):
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by keithbraganza
    Most welcome fray.....will be in touch....nice to know people are really

    taking in this forum....its like 2-3 posts every day and makes for

    interesting reading.....keep the replies coming in guys.......:bab (22):


    Thanks Keith, had visited the Lodha offices earlier this afternoon and amongst other thing pertaining to my cluster also broached on the topic of how you guys were supposed to manage and he told me emphatically that this far the access roads to the highway were nearing completion as well as convenience stores selling essential commodities were already in place, they were also working on a few other things that he did not elaborate on but said that it would go to make life livable for the families moving in early. I couldn't really press too much as my own cluster is just beginning the 1st slab so guess i have ways to go and didn't want to sound too push.

    Now we await feed back from you all due to move in shortly.:)

    Rgds - Raymond
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by fray54
    Thanks Keith, had visited the Lodha offices earlier this afternoon and amongst other thing pertaining to my cluster also broached on the topic of how you guys were supposed to manage and he told me emphatically that this far the access roads to the highway were nearing completion as well as convenience stores selling essential commodities were already in place, they were also working on a few other things that he did not elaborate on but said that it would go to make life livable for the families moving in early. I couldn't really press too much as my own cluster is just beginning the 1st slab so guess i have ways to go and didn't want to sound too push.

    Now we await feed back from you all due to move in shortly.:)

    Rgds - Raymond


    Hi Raymond..in which cluster are you booked..
    CommentQuote