They claim to complete the first phase of the project by Sept-10. I have been reading the media articles that around 250 units are booked on the very first week of opening. The price at 1998/sqf- Superbuilt up area. Is this worth buying ? Has anyone booked the flat here ? Learnt that Lodha is a reputed builder.
Read more
1205 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • concerns and actions

Guys the sooner the better - we are seeing a few conflicting statements here and need some clarifications and the best way would be an united front to address these.
    CommentQuote
  • Myths and Realities

Having booked a flat in casa bella gold, I am following this link with interest. Here are some of the points that I would like to clarify for the sake of other users.

1) Ppl who are saying that they had got only permission to construct up to the 8th floor in the first phase of the casa bella project is TRUE. But it is true for any project as the permission to construct higher stories comes in stages and not at one go. Thus Casa bella project has now got all approvals, and Casa bella gold is now in the same state (permission till 8th floor only, but in due course all the floors permission should be available)

The Builder however is NOT looking to cheat on this aspect, as according to them, the ppl who are opting for higher storey buildings in casa bella gold project are being asked to be prepared for getting only 40% of the agreement value as loan. Rest you have to arrange cash (except parking everything else will be in agreement though)

Now for my risk factors.....(Please get some information on this for the help of other users as well)

1) I enquired in LIC housing for loans, and they are saying that this project has not yet been approved (by LIC for loans), but the ppl at the site were saying otherwise.

2) The LIC agent has told me that their Thane project (which one I don't know !) which was to take off 6 months ago has not yet taken off. Although they have got the approval for that project but LIC disburses loans only after the construction work has commenced. So even if you have got your loan approved, it automatically lapses if the construction work does not begin in three months. Where does that put CASA bella gold in LODHA's list of construction schedule priorities?

So now I wonder, with so many LODHA projects running, how will they arrange for manpower for their site work and all? Also will they keep their promised dates?

I am not cancelling my flat as of now for the following reasons

1) Good reputation of builder
    2) In their project in Dahisar LODHA AQUA their first phase is about to be completed, (only construction, landscaping is still left)

Any further insight will be appreciated.
    CommentQuote
  • avoid over-moderation

this forum is good but unnecessarily too over-moderated.

takes too long for a message to get posted.

moderators, wake up or close the forum!
    CommentQuote
  • Lodha casa-bella

I have got a letter from Lodha asking to submit the registration and stamp duty amount by demand draft for the flat 2BHK I have purchased (8 storey bldg). My question is - this is the closing cost which one has to pay while taking the possession so why now ?. I am not very familiar with the legal terms but yet I have not got the agreement for sale and they are asking for the registration and stamp duty. This is to be paid to the govt so probably legally this should be the correct process. The registration will be done at Dombivili sub-registrar office and not Thane.

Unless one gets the AFS, one can't get the loan from the bank. Till now I have got only allotment letter and now above demand as above.

Has anyone idea about the process ? My banker is asking for the AFS, Blue print and map and NOC from bldr to process the loan application. Also the banker is ready to include the stamp duty and registration cost in the final loan amount. But since I have not taken the loan so far, but paying the registration and stamp duty from my pocket, can I ask the bank to pay me this once my loan application will be considered ?

Whoever knows it, pls guide.

Thnx
    CommentQuote
  • Generally, it is good to get your loan from bank which has approved project in which you are buying flat. This avoids hassles of arranging all the documents that are required from the builder.

In my knowledge, you will have to pay registration and stamp duty by yourself. Anyways, you will not be getting 100% loan but around 85% loan and 15% down payment is inclusive of stamp duty and registration.
    Good thing will be to ask bank representative who is assisting you in this describing your situation.

Good luck...
    CommentQuote
  • Which bank is asking for blue prints? Change your bank..

Yes. Stamp duty and registration charges are included under loan charges.
    CommentQuote
  • loan requirements

I think you're right Debayan, have inquired about the docs required for loan application and nowhere have they mentioned "blue-prints' will know for sure next week as have appt with bank's representatives - will post details here then.
    CommentQuote
  • Dear Akash,

Can you let us know if agreement copy details of amenties,stamp duty & registration charges also like you to describe more on same and have you got loans approved based on same?
    CommentQuote
  • Point no 1

Stamp duty and registration charges are covered under loan (of any bank I might add)

Point no 2

The upfront amount that builders usually ask IS NOT covered under loan, because they charge it under infrastructure costs, etc and not under stamp duty registration or construction costs.

So bascially arranging the upfront money is a problem for majority of users as I can see.

What about discussion on the projects good and bad points? Anybody care to give insight?
    CommentQuote
  • lets

yes Debayan, lets begin a discussion, thanks - with specifics to the Casa Bella complex in Dombivili ? I too bought in the complex more on the basis of the rep of the Builder as well as the attractiveness of the brochure, otherwise know nothing about the area and it's surroundings. Am gathering facts, which will pass on shortly.
    CommentQuote
  • Lodhas are big cheaters! Although they show the rate psf appearing a bit low, they charge heavily on the things such as infrastructure cost, club house charge, phalana phalana etc.., which no other builders do. Why should they charge infrastructure charge separately? If they must, why don't they add that in the rate itself instead of putting separately. This makes their behavious suspicious.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by shabbo_Azmi
    Lodhas are big cheaters! Although they show the rate psf appearing a bit low, they charge heavily on the things such as infrastructure cost, club house charge, phalana phalana etc.., which no other builders do. Why should they charge infrastructure charge separately? If they must, why don't they add that in the rate itself instead of putting separately. This makes their behavious suspicious.

Thats true.. Other charges are too high and also parking they are charging which yield to high rate psf.

One more thing I observed is there is no good response from the people from Lodha after booking. They doesnt care about the buyers. Me and one my frnd booked a flat before 50days but we did not receive receipts for first payment till now. If we call them, they are saying "YES SIR SURELY WE WILL SEND!... lab lab lab...". Not sure how to handle this. Please help.. If anybody have any good contacts in Lodha so that we can escalate it to higher people in Lodha.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Guys,

I had got the agreement copy that they had emailed me some time back vetted from my lawyer & according to him the title is clear.

I had inquired with the lodha guys & they have told me to submit 2 Cheques for the stamp duty & registration.According to them the agreement would be signed after 20th December though I doubt it.Has anyone got the agreement done with Lodha?

I have still not paid the parking charges that they had asked for & want a commitment from them on the agrrement date post which I will make the payment.

Has anyone of you got the allotment letter yet?

As far as the project is concerned I think it is a good investment.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by AkashM
    Hi Guys,

I had got the agreement copy that they had emailed me some time back vetted from my lawyer & according to him the title is clear.

I had inquired with the lodha guys & they have told me to submit 2 Cheques for the stamp duty & registration.According to them the agreement would be signed after 20th December though I doubt it.Has anyone got the agreement done with Lodha?

I have still not paid the parking charges that they had asked for & want a commitment from them on the agrrement date post which I will make the payment.

Has anyone of you got the allotment letter yet?

As far as the project is concerned I think it is a good investment.

good investment...??? gimmme a break..... this is one of the worst investments ever.... stay away from these cheaters - lodhas!!!
    i did and have cancelled my booking!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ganrebh
    Thats true.. Other charges are too high and also parking they are charging which yield to high rate psf.

One more thing I observed is there is no good response from the people from Lodha after booking. They doesnt care about the buyers. Me and one my frnd booked a flat before 50days but we did not receive receipts for first payment till now. If we call them, they are saying "YES SIR SURELY WE WILL SEND!... lab lab lab...". Not sure how to handle this. Please help.. If anybody have any good contacts in Lodha so that we can escalate it to higher people in Lodha.

i also experienced the same thing... sure enough! before you book they treat you like a king... with all those cuty cuty gilrls in their booking office running around you...sir sir sir etc etc ! once you are in, they treat you like dirt.. don't bother to take your calls or return your calls - don't even talk to you properly..... i am glad i came out of this befort it was too late...!
    CommentQuote