Dear friends,

I am goong out of the city and planning to lease out my home in goregaon east. Can any of you recommend any dependable brokers in this area? Are there things I need to consider apart from the quality of tenant etc?

Thanks in advance.
Read more
5 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by Traveller
    Dear friends,

I am goong out of the city and planning to lease out my home in goregaon east. Can any of you recommend any dependable brokers in this area? Are there things I need to consider apart from the quality of tenant etc?

Thanks in advance.

Talk to 4-5 brokers and show them the flat and ask them how much MINIMUM rent you can get and how much time it takes to find a tanent in Goregaon west. The broker who gives you realistic rent/deposit guess for your flat and has his own office and near to your flat location will be good.
    Do you know few good Agents/Brokers pay you the rent on time even if the tanent has not paid on time and they collect it from tanent (you will find many Broker in Oshiwara link road or Lokhandwala side)
    Try to meet the tanent if possible or let your relative/friend also have talk with the tanent. Inform the broker what kind of tanent you dont need so that he does not waste time.
    Leave &licence agreement must be registred (Goregaon has registraion office). write your conditions clearly in the agreement. Give on lease for 11 month. dont give in writing to broker that if lease is renewed then you are going to pay him any brokerage.
    Clear the Brokerage on rent and on deposit in Advance with broker.
    you will need society NOC, Verfication of tanent from Police and agreement to be registred. Few take full amount of rent by check and few get 50% by check and 50% by cash.
    Make list of your questions. Post here and also ask the broker.

Good Luck!!
    ** post the info for others.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Traveller
    Dear friends,

Thanks in advance.

Brokers can get you a good deal, however they usually step out of the situation after the house has been leased, I would recommend directly dealing with tenants, you can advertise your flat on mgicbricks or 99acrs or similar site and wait for responses from direct parties. Then based on responses you can give it to the tenant you like, go for family rather than bachelors/spinsters as they will keep the house in good condition. Take the 11 month cheques in advance, ask for a deposit equivalent of 5-6 months rent which is market standard these days.If house is unfurnished then you can lower the deposit requirement.

You will be able to save on brokerage and will eventually get a good tenant in a week's time.
    CommentQuote
  • You can post free advt on sites and many prefer to deal directly with landlord so that they can save the brokerage. In the Advt make clear what kind of Tanent you are looking. Post if you have 1BHK or 2BHK, floor, Sq feet, Building name (or near to) Family is always better.In Goregaon E you can find many film/TV related people and they are not bad, find married couple. With film/TV person you will not have fear that they will not vacant the flat as they come to Bombay be somebody and not to grab the Flats or Land.

If you invove good broker then they care for you becase at the time of lease renewal they expect 1month brokerage.
    CommentQuote
  • If you are moving out of city, I would advise you to take broker services. In case not, there might be times when you need to be in City for fulfilling obligations that comes with leasing of property.

Getting into lease agreement with unreasonable people can lead to disputes which brokers are well equipped to deal with.
    CommentQuote
  • If you are going out of City then infuture when you change the tenent you have to be present for Lease agreeent to be registred.

if you have your parents or relative then you can also give the Power of Attorney to them for giving that flat on rent(leave and Licence basis)and get the agreement signed. Dont give GPA. Give the power only for signing the lease agreement, getting verfication done. Any lawyer can draft a good Special Power of Attorney.
    CommentQuote