Times Property Expo 2009 Mumbai

Last updated: July 8 2009
7 | Posts
1345 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Times Property Expo 2009 Mumbai

Builders and the press are back to their tricks .. boycott this event at Taj Land's End in Mumbai this weekend starting July 3 -5th .. folks .. only then will the prices come down to realistic levels .. pass on this message to your friends and family
    Last edited by Kimmig; July 3 2009, 12:27 PM. Reason: spelling

Re : Times Property Expo 2009 Mumbai

I concur. Its about time.
    Kimmig, I read that the prices in Mumbai suburbs are same as that in some London suburbs.. not to mention some European countries too. Its absurd....My simple math- If my EMI is double the rent for that area, I will be happy to buy. But today its close to 4-5 times.
    Last edited by Homeseeker; July 4 2009, 02:24 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Homeseeker .. thanks for your support .. it is very clear that the builders are forming a cartel and increasing prices at will .. we "buyers" also need to come together .. else we will be left paying huge EMIs all our life .. The Government won't do anything for us .. we "the middle class" are not their vote bank .. they don't care.

My humble request to all home seekers is .. please stop going to these peoperty expos and builder offices .. only then will the rates come down .. they are basically running a retail outfit, the magic word for all retailers is "footfalls" .. footfalls X conversion rate = customers .. remember .. like retailers .. builders can exercise control over the "conversion rate" but they are helpless about "footfalls" ..
      if "footfalls" go down .. prices WILL go down .. as long as "footfalls" remain up .. nothing will happen

Originally posted by Homeseeker View Post
      I concur. Its about time.
      Kimmig, I read that the prices in Mumbai suburbs are same as that in some London suburbs.. not to mention some European countries too. Its absurd....My simple math- If my EMI is double the rent for that area, I will be happy to buy. But today its close to 4-5 times.

Comment

I went there today. Pretty much a lacklusture affair. Not much of a crowd at all...I guess not more than 100 ppl wud hav been there for the 2-3 hrs I was thr.

Comment

Originally posted by devroop.dhar View Post
          I went there today. Pretty much a lacklusture affair. Not much of a crowd at all...I guess not more than 100 ppl wud hav been there for the 2-3 hrs I was thr.
          I am curious as to why Times being newspaper organizes property fairs. I guess they get very good brokerage besides advtisement

Comment

Hitmady .. I concur with your observation .. the builders have been very smart in utilizing modern media .. Times group for one has been literally pimping realestate sector .. check the real estate section in Ecotimes or the property times supplement on Sundays .. its full of feel good articles about the realty sector designed to lure people into this debt trap

Looks like builders have recruited a lot of MBA grads from third rung business schools who can't get their head out of Kotler and prefer to sell "Value" lower prices

Originally posted by hitmady View Post
            I am curious as to why Times being newspaper organizes property fairs. I guess they get very good brokerage besides advtisement

Comment

Press! Blah!

See 1st post. A section of Press is in fact in cahoots with the builder lobby. Dont we all notice the headlines in the TOI property plus(!) segment last few months? "Buy now", "Best time to buy", etc..etc...in stark contrast to the sentiments of the buyers on ground.
              What the press feels, we cant see through it all? :p
              Actually, these ironically stupid articles give us the real picture!

Comment

Any updates on how successful or failed the Expo was? On Sat, there wasn't much of a crowd. What about Sunday? Any news article etc mentioning about the response to this one?

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                Working...
                X