Dear All.

I have recently taken possession of my house. While taking possession I was shocked to find the a lot of the work done by him is not at all upto the mark, This was shown during the inspection of the flat. The person said ok to some and to some they say now it is not possible to fix this. The overall quality of work has been really bad and I was wondering if I can get some help and advise as to how I can take this up with them. For now I have both shown the person and sent a formal mail with the details of the 30 plus points where the work is really lacking.

What other options do I have considering that the builder does not seem to rectify many of them. While charging money of course they all want to exploit you to the core and do not hesitate to throw the appropriate rule book on your face. Now when we show the work defects they behave like meek animals.

I checked with 2 other people who have moved in. They both said that the work quality was really bad but they had no other option but to move in because they needed to move in asap. One of them has covered it up with interior work etc. It is really unfortunate that as buyers we negotiate with the subziwaala to save 2-3 rupees but while buying a flat work several lakhs and crores we accept the 'Builders finish is like this only' statement without a fight.

Pls advise and guide me.
Read more
12 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • please provide the name of the builder and the project. and list some of the "shoddy" work items. This will result in better response and more specific solutions to the situation.

otherwise this post has no substance or any value for the forum members.
    CommentQuote
  • I think the question should have been stated a little differently which is what happens in case where you buy a flat and the work by the builder is not up to standards. Do you have to take the possession of the flat or is there an option? perhaps legal? or do you consider your money gone? my suggestion has always been to go with a reputed builder, although there is no guarantee, you possiblly can sleep much better at night as compared to some of the crappy builders out there.
    CommentQuote
  • please list the 30+ points here to understand how serious is the "lack of quality" alegation.
    CommentQuote
  • Please write a letter documenting all the short-comings (as per undersantading) to the developer and give him some time to respond/act - send a second reminder after 15 days - meanwhile speak to Consumer Firum guys and take advice...i think the developer can be penalized for "deficiency of service" - in the past couple of guys have got the work done on own and developer had to foot the expense for the same (via consumer firum)
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks Simsagar...I have already written to the builder and am waiting for a response and resolution from their end. If you have any knowledge of a consumer forum specifically for the real estate side do let me know thru PM. Thanks again for your response.
    CommentQuote
  • Sreekys, Who is the builder and which project is it?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sumit_7910
    Sreekys, Who is the builder and which project is it?

he wont tell u tht bec he is invested thr. it wud bring bad name to builder n project which cud harm him. dont expect people to b generous/selfless on internet sites.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ruchika1
    dont expect people to b generous/selfless on internet sites.

very insightful, then what is the purpose of this thread? why would someone be generous with their advice or spend the time to type out answers to such selfish closed queries or is it just the current mentality of people you are trying to encourage?

if someone is narrow minded and selfish, do not expect charity from other people.

If a builder is fraud and deceitful, it would be better to put it out in the open for all to see and learn. That would be the right thing to do so that thousands of middle class people reading this forum can benefit.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by humble_guy
    very insightful, then what is the purpose of this thread? why would someone be generous with their advice or spend the time to type out answers to such selfish closed queries or is it just the current mentality of people you are trying to encourage?

if someone is narrow minded and selfish, do not expect charity from other people.

If a builder is fraud and deceitful, it would be better to put it out in the open for all to see and learn. That would be the right thing to do so that thousands of middle class people reading this forum can benefit.

i agree with that but i just stated the truth. if it hurted u then sorry.
    u r so confident so lets hope the gentleman tells u full details so that u are fully satisfied
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sreekys
    Thanks Simsagar...I have already written to the builder and am waiting for a response and resolution from their end. If you have any knowledge of a consumer forum specifically for the real estate side do let me know thru PM. Thanks again for your response.

Buddy, consumer forum is consumer forum they deal with all malpractises of "seller" . Why not google and check out..i think they have one office in Churchgate, Parle west...
    CommentQuote
  • I agree with humble_guy, forum members shud share the name of builder with whom they had bad experiences - this way forum memebrs are warned and take adequate precucations when dealing with the same or any other developer.

well, if few members want to be selfish or narrow minded etc - so be it - the spirit of forum wud not die becos if such blokes.

cheers mate!!
    CommentQuote
  • Can u guys stop judjing people and see through your own prejudices!! This is really sad guys. I dont believe in bad mouthing without a reason or logic. And pls tell me how you are going to help differently if you know the name of the builder. All I am asking for is some help....if you can provide that it would be great otherwise please refrain from displaying your perceptive statements on the forum. A forum can function without naming anything or anyone. And pls rememeber that I have invested my money with the builder so it cannot hurt you more than it is hurting me!! So please be kind and sensitive to others on the forum. And for those who are dying to hear the name you shall hear it if the builder does not respond to my letter in a satisfactory manner. Otherwise it is just bad mouthing which is totally uncalled for and unnecessary. I hope everyone is clear with my stand now.
    CommentQuote