I want to buy 3BHK in thane , Budget in 1CR. Can you plz suggest any ?
Read more
36 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Dubyaskin,

I am impressed by your posts. You seem to be RE insider. BTW have you been to this part of the world recently?

Originally Posted by dubyaskin
    Secondly, the value for money one gets in proper Mumbai is not same as in Thane.

By god's grace, my family has three flats. One each in Borivli, Thane and Kharghar (purchased in the same order). To my surprise flat in Thane has appreciated the most.
    Disclaimer: I might be calculating VFM quotient using wrong methodology. It would be great if you could pass on your trick to calculate and compare VFM quotients of diff cities.

A person shells out 10 years worth earning to purchase a house and counting on a resale value that too in overcrowded Thane, then it is a very sad state.

Quick look at wiki throws up following figures.

Thane City Population (2011)
    Total 1,818,872
    Density 12,000/sq km

Mumbai City Population (2011)
    Metropolitan City 18,414,288
    Density 20,694/sq km

So Thane does not appear to be "overcrowded" than Mumbai. Does it? Again I might be wrong, so please feel free to correct me.

The housing prices in Mumbai and suburbs are inflated by a factor of 2 ( at a minimum). So what should have costed 30 lacs costs 70 lacs upwards.

Can you substantiate your claim please?

TOI, DNA, HT and IE have stakes in every single major RE ventures. Some of these RE editors are on their boards as well as associates in RE research firms. It is like HIRANANDANI being city's development council member.

Can you substantiate your claim please?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by donkeykong
    8.5 for 2 parking correct?

No sir 8.5 Lacs for one parking ...
    CommentQuote
  • wow 8.5 / parking - thats insane !
    CommentQuote
    wow 8.5 / parking - thats insane !

I was told its closed parking .. still insane !!
    CommentQuote
  • yepp...usually people may end up with 2 parking which will be 17 lakhs? lol
    CommentQuote
    yepp...usually people may end up with 2 parking which will be 17 lakhs? lol

And then you would need to park two cars that cost at least 10 lacs each. There goes another 20 lacs.
    CommentQuote