Last updated: December 15 2012
12 | Posts
1738 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 BHK on Rent, Mira Road / Bhayandar, Mumbai : Suggestions

Hello all,

I am a freelance video editor who works mostly from home. I am looking to rent a small room or 1bhk anywhere around western line.

I have done my bit of research. Right now i am in Borivali and prices here are increasing like anything. So i am planning to shift to Mira road/ Bhayandar.

So here are a few questions doubts in my mind. PLease suggest what you think is a better area for me.

1. I want a place which should have cosmopolitan and educated community around. Something like Thakur village

2. Should not be too far from station. Or at least should have quick and frequent BEST bus access. (i was even considering any place around Uttan Road)

3. Mira Road Vs Bhayandar - i ve heard bad things about Mira road. Is Bhayandar Better? Which is better in your opinion?

4. What about Naigaon / Vasai . I ve heard that there is some nice locality just next to station?

Other factors:
    -- I do not travel often. So train crowd is not much problem for me. I travel during daytime so i suppose its not a big factor.

-- POSH Locality , educated neighbors and developed markets are MOST important factor for me. Because i spend most time working from home.

-- I prefer living in a Mixed community environment. Cosmopolitan types.The more crowded the area. The more i will like it.

What do you suggest?
    Considering this what do you think would be best area? Mira Road? , Bhayandar? Or may be even Vasai?

PS: My budget is around 5-7k a month for rent.
    Last edited December 11 2012, 01:26 PM.

Re : 1 BHK on Rent, Mira Road / Bhayandar, Mumbai : Suggestions

umm, no responses?

Comment

it sounds a bit strange but if you are looking for a posh locality in mira road, I am afraid you will keep looking for the rest of your life. I would suggest renting something in kandivali - thakur village or thakur complex, not posh but descent people around. You may be able to get something in 7k - 1 BHK

Comment

umm yeah... I have no idea about Mira Road. I thought there might be some good project over there.

Rates in Kandivali is around 13-14 k for 1bhk. and minimum 10k for a small hall kitchen.

i think the only option i ve got is to go to Film City Road. Goregaon.
        Or spend more on housing probably

Comment

or live on the streets. that is an option as well..

Comment

Originally posted by priyankeshu View Post
            umm yeah... I have no idea about Mira Road. I thought there might be some good project over there.

Rates in Kandivali is around 13-14 k for 1bhk. and minimum 10k for a small hall kitchen.

i think the only option i ve got is to go to Film City Road. Goregaon.
            Or spend more on housing probably
            1BHK Film City Road you will NOT get for 7k.

Comment

Hello all,

I am a freelance video editor who works mostly from home. I am looking to rent a small room or 1bhk anywhere around western line.

I have done my bit of research. Right now i am in Borivali and prices here are increasing like anything. So i am planning to shift to Mira road/ Bhayandar.

So here are a few questions doubts in my mind. PLease suggest what you think is a better area for me.

1. I want a place which should have cosmopolitan and educated community around. Something like Thakur village

2. Should not be too far from station. Or at least should have quick and frequent BEST bus access. (i was even considering any place around Uttan Road)

3. Mira Road Vs Bhayandar - i ve heard bad things about Mira road. Is Bhayandar Better? Which is better in your opinion?

4. What about Naigaon / Vasai . I ve heard that there is some nice locality just next to station?

Other factors:
              -- I do not travel often. So train crowd is not much problem for me. I travel during daytime so i suppose its not a big factor.

-- POSH Locality , educated neighbors and developed markets are MOST important factor for me. Because i spend most time working from home.

-- I prefer living in a Mixed community environment. Cosmopolitan types.The more crowded the area. The more i will like it.

What do you suggest?
              Considering this what do you think would be best area? Mira Road? , Bhayandar? Or may be even Vasai?

PS: My budget is around 5-7k a month for rent.
              It is better to live in Airoli, Koparkhairne, you will be able to find something in 6-10k budget which will also meet your life style considerations as well plus connectivity is good as well.

Comment

Originally posted by pande1 View Post
                It is better to live in Airoli, Koparkhairne, you will be able to find something in 6-10k budget which will also meet your life style considerations as well plus connectivity is good as well.
                1. you are freelance video editor
                2. Most of the entertainment related companies are on Link Road Andheri West or Link road Oshiwara, Adarash Nagar, SVP nagar 4bunglow are full of Film offices/editing rooms/music recording rooms.

Why dont you find a place to live in Malvani Malad (W) or Jankalyan Nagar? you may get 1Room kitchen for 7-8 or 1BHK for 10-12 in that area.

Comment

oh and by the way, i can take my budget upto 10k if i get a good flat in andheri-dahisar...

i mentioned 5-7 for mira road.

Yeah i think Gangaram ji ve suggested good idea. I would call some brokers in that area to look for any decent locality.

Comment

oh and by the way, i can take my budget upto 10k if i get a good flat in andheri-dahisar...

i mentioned 5-7 for mira road.

Yeah i think Gangaram ji ve suggested good idea. I would call some brokers in that area to look for any decent locality.
                    You Should first visit the area Malvani Malad west. Sector 8 is good area in Malvani and asking rent for 1BHK is about 8 to 12 . Jankalyan Nagar is also has the same rates. you should go and visit both the places and if you like then talk to brokers.

If you are editing Hindi TV serials then you may have to come for work to Link road Oshiwara/ Adarsh Nagar area as the producer provides the editing rooms in that area and you may have to work late nights.
                    If you can share with somebody then Goregaon west/Malad west you can get 1BHK on link road for 20-25.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X