Hi,
Are there any 20/80 or similar schemes available in western suburbs.
Have talked to agents but everyone says such deals are not available.

Regards,
Gaurav
Read more
12 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • what is a 20/80 scheme?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by donkeykong
    what is a 20/80 scheme?

20 % now and 80 % on posseson
    CommentQuote
  • thanks. !
    CommentQuote
  • I saw nahar group was advertising 80:20 in times few months back.
    CommentQuote
  • They were.. but they were not in my range.. Now I am not able to find any offer of this type. Have asked multiple agents and builders (in goregaon/malad), but they are not offering any such schemes.
    Would appreciate if someone can let me know of such a scheme.

Gaurav
    CommentQuote
  • Had recently got a mail from a broker for a 20:80 scheme in Malad Link Road. They werent sharing the builders name, but it was an SRA having full amenities and possession 2016.

Psft was approx 13k
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by merovingian
    Had recently got a mail from a broker for a 20:80 scheme in Malad Link Road. They werent sharing the builders name, but it was an SRA having full amenities and possession 2016.

Psft was approx 13k

Check this:

https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/city-forums/mumbai-real-estate/51913-raj-infinia-rajesh-lifespaces-malad-west-mumbai/page2?t=53531&page=2
    CommentQuote
  • Few points around the 20/80 options -

- Need to check if all approvals are in place for the full building
    - Rate will be higher than normal option as the builder will be paying for each slab from their funding
    - Buyer will be blocking their credit limit if they opt for this and the risk is always there that the building may get delayed due to multiple reasons
    CommentQuote
  • Is 20:80 a really good advantage for the investor?
    CommentQuote
  • i dont know about 20/80

but 1thing for sure they will not make good for investor--builder and banker is the one to benefited.

u ask any builder providing this scheme and calculate
    CommentQuote
  • check this project: Welcome to The Man Group 20/80 scheme available for this project
    CommentQuote
  • 80 / 20

I have gone through the process of 80/20 according to me its good option, where as if the builder delays you don't block any money on EMI or have to start paying intrest on EMI

I had booked in 2007 with Nahar and got the possession in 2010.

Check with Nahar they are still doing 80/20 and 90/10 at some units.

To clarify there is no credit limit blocked as no funds have been withdrawn at this point (Best it to talk to bank before you go ahead)

Process involves:
    1. Booking with the builder and pay 20% upfront + Registration and any addition cost.

2. Submit your paperwork with the builder nominated bank and get approval letter, took 10 days in my case
    (At this point you don't need to pay the bank any processing cost)

3. Builder gets the letter directly from the bank and nothing to do till builder is ready for handover

4 Once builder is ready to handover you have to approach the bank for transfer of funds to builder, keep in mind if the there is a gap if more than two/three years from the date you got approval from bank and date of possession, bank might ask for documents again for approval citing there might be a change in your Circumstance / affordability

I have paid some money upfront at time of possession for which I had to pay 2% fine, check this with builder / bank before hand.

For the loan I got interest rate advertised by they bank at time of withdrawing funds, and option of taking fixed or floating rate as any other customer

Hope that helps :)
    CommentQuote