Collapse

Lodha Blue Moon, Lodha Group, Worli, Mumbai

Last updated: February 19 2016
192 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Lodha Blue Moon, Lodha Group, Worli, Mumbai

Picked up from a property group- Indiabulls is offerring flats @27k per sq ft (All inclusive) for their 'Indiabulls Sky' project which is stones throw from Lodha site. Should be good investment considering possession will be next year unlike Lodha.

Comment

Vandan, can you tell us what is the total cost of 2bhk and what will be the possession date mentioned in agreement?

Originally posted by vandan007
      Dear All,
      If Any1 Is Intrested In "Indiabulls Sky" You Can Contact Me On
      mehta.vandan@indiabulls.com
      I Will Help You Out For This Project

Thanks & Regards,
      Vandan

Comment

Originally posted by chiragn View Post
        Thank you Deepak for your response. You calculation looks alright..The only issue is that one cannot exit after I year. There is a lock in till possession which is slated for 2017-2018 on the conservative side.So if one was to do the math with every passing year the quantum of return ll come down and eventually it might be similar to a bank F.D rate give or take a few basis points.
        Bottom line is if this was a 1 yr investment then yes this may have been an attractive option to consider.
        Hi Chirag, interesting to know that a few of us are comparing this property investment to a bank FD. However, the comparison of returns from bank FD with that of real estate, that you have done, is based on certain assumptions which are not valid. Hence, I decided to do a detailed comparison which you may refer on my blog: crackthecodenamebluemoon..in
        Hope this answers your query
        Last edited January 21 2013, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Hi Chirag, interesting to know that a few of us are comparing this property investment to a bank FD. However, the comparison of returns from bank FD with that of real estate, that you have done, is based on certain assumptions which are not valid. Hence, I decided to do a detailed comparison which you may refer on my blog: http://crackthecodenamebluemoon..in
          Hope this answers your query

Comment

Deepak, your calculations are not fair at all...

Even if you comare the investment of lodha blue moon to FD, the FD deposits would be as follows.

40% lumpsum = 1.4cr
            15% every year for next 4 years = 52.5lakhs addition every year.

now put that in a 9% FD with 40% initial and 52.5 every year for 5 years...the returns are 5.45 cr...

This is a guarenteed return...

you can use moneychimp website for compound intest calculations...

now you say lodha bluemoon project will appreciate 30% first year and it will appreciate 15% every year...Look at Indiabulls sky...rates have gone down from 35K to 27K? There is no guarentee to the RE investment. Its all speculation. All you are doing is taking a big chance by investmenting so much money in a project.

Comment

now, if for some reason it takes 7 years instead of 5 years to complete, the FD amount would have grown to 6.5cr in 7 years...

I would say, if you have 6-7cr, then investing 3.5 cr in lodha might be okay..But if all you have is 3.5 after taking out all your savings, loan and borrowing, then its not a wise investment...Its a different story if you dream of staying in worli and it would not bother you much if your investment does not grow as per your expections. otherwise, you might be better off in investing something in the range of 1 - 1.5cr.. That is my personal opinion.

Comment

Hey Deepak, Thank you for taking the timeout to come out with a detailed analysis on your blog.Tried going through the blog but couldn't open the link. Will try again later. I feel going by your assumptions that Wildfire has so kindly highlighted and his subsequent analysis I am also of the humble opinion that while you could get a 15-20% appreciation in the first year; getting a compounded rate of return of 15% from the second year looks difficult. Especially so in the back drop of the massive amount of supply that is coming in the market and that too at an accelerated pace. At the same time I think this could be a good buy for people who are looking at this from an end use prospective. I would concur with Wildfire that for investors it might be better to look at some other opportunities and in the mean time could park their money in instruments like F.D, NCDs of good companies ,Bonds,etc.
                I would like to congratulate everyone who has invested in this project and hope it proves naysayers like me wrong and it turns out to be a blockbuster investment!
                Last edited January 21 2013, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Kotak Bond- Last year 14.82% return
                  Reliance Dynamic Bond-13.49% return
                  NCD of a prominent builder that I was offered last month-17% return

Comment

re:

u cant reliy only on mutual funds to give gurrantee a return..

u have to spread out with stocks,gold,real estate....fds..

depends on ur risk appetite....

Comment

Just highlighting a few options..obviously one needs to hv a balanced portfolio customised as per their risk profile.
                      Last edited January 21 2013, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X