Yet another project by Lodha

Lodha feels they are big producers of some movie by the way they advertise:-

Read more
183 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • seriously 60% loading? do people move in the space or remain confined to a single location?
    CommentQuote
  • Loading is 37.6%
    CommentQuote
  • I wonder what pricing will the other builders have to come up with to sell their inventory in the same area. Omkar will launch 3 towers with ~70 floors each. DB Crown also have plenty of unsold inventory. Oberoi also have a plot next to Doordarshan tower where they will launch a residential project.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by wildfire
    loading is 60%.

2BHK carpet 854, saleable 1368
    3BHK carpet 1045, saleable 1674.

Got details from Lodha Blue Moon, Worli - New Launch by Lodha Group in Worli

If above quoted areas are correct then Wildfire is absolutely right in his calculations.

Loading 60%
    CommentQuote
  • How is the loading calculcated ?? if you substract from 1674 then you get loading of approx 37-38% .. if you add from 1045 then you get loading of 60% .. so how is the calculation done ??
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by xredred
    I wonder what pricing will the other builders have to come up with to sell their inventory in the same area. Omkar will launch 3 towers with ~70 floors each. DB Crown also have plenty of unsold inventory. Oberoi also have a plot next to Doordarshan tower where they will launch a residential project.

Thats a point lots of investor have to consider. Currently the pricing is 40000 rs per sq feet, but thats because there is no inventory available in the area. I mean an ashok tower will have 2-3 flats to sell. But in next 10 years the inventory would be:

Lodha - 4000 flats ( 7 towers)
    Bombay Realty - 4000 flats ( 6-7 towers)
    India bulls bleu ( 2000 flats) - already underconstruction
    Oberoi - 600 flats
    DB crown etc.

In total we are looking at over 10,000 flats to be ready with all modern amenities etc. so the bet is that do we see 10,000 people buying 8-10 cr flats in one locality in next 7-8 yrs.

The current lodha pricing will also impact the existing project pricing. Why would people book in an India bulls bleu at 30000 when they can get lodha in 23000. its a huge difference.

The same is the case with RNA in goregaon reducing price. Because Sunteck realty excatly opposite RNA is selling for 9750. Why would somebody pay 12000 for RNA.

I have always maintained the current prices are all supply constrained drive. Few more launches and you would see prices correcting. Just imagine, if lodha actually sells like hot cake and is able to sell 500 flats. 500 guys with capability of 5 cr house are out of market. Who will then buy India bulls bleu? as it is they are selling 2-3 units a month. At a point of time there are limited buyers.

Right price point and sales will happen. I still maintain that there is no bubble in mumbai real estate. If there was a bubble, people would have bought at these prices. But the fact that demands have gone down by 50% itself says that people are not buying and market needs to correct itself.

lets wait and invest wisely.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vibes28
    Thats a point lots of investor have to consider. Currently the pricing is 40000 rs per sq feet, but thats because there is no inventory available in the area. I mean an ashok tower will have 2-3 flats to sell. But in next 10 years the inventory would be:

Lodha - 4000 flats ( 7 towers)
    Bombay Realty - 4000 flats ( 6-7 towers)
    India bulls bleu ( 2000 flats) - already underconstruction
    Oberoi - 600 flats
    DB crown etc.

In total we are looking at over 10,000 flats to be ready with all modern amenities etc. so the bet is that do we see 10,000 people buying 8-10 cr flats in one locality in next 7-8 yrs.

The current lodha pricing will also impact the existing project pricing. Why would people book in an India bulls bleu at 30000 when they can get lodha in 23000. its a huge difference.

The same is the case with RNA in goregaon reducing price. Because Sunteck realty excatly opposite RNA is selling for 9750. Why would somebody pay 12000 for RNA.

I have always maintained the current prices are all supply constrained drive. Few more launches and you would see prices correcting. Just imagine, if lodha actually sells like hot cake and is able to sell 500 flats. 500 guys with capability of 5 cr house are out of market. Who will then buy India bulls bleu? as it is they are selling 2-3 units a month. At a point of time there are limited buyers.

Right price point and sales will happen. I still maintain that there is no bubble in mumbai real estate. If there was a bubble, people would have bought at these prices. But the fact that demands have gone down by 50% itself says that people are not buying and market needs to correct itself.

lets wait and invest wisely.

Hi - Indiabulls Blu is not 4000 flats. Max 300 flats in 2 towers....
    Palais Royale opp Indiabulls Blu is quoting 63k...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vibes28

I am wondering what the investors in these projects will be thinking and what they will do. It will be pretty unnerving for someone who bought in RNA Exotica/ DB Woods at 11-12k and must be counting the eggs and suddenly they see the investment they made has lost its value.

Also, there will be some investors who would have bought flats in projects near Lodha Blue Moon at 30k thereabouts, like Indiabulls Sky, DB Crown, One Avighna Park. Will they go for firesale or will hold on to the losses?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by princecharm
    Hi - Indiabulls Blu is not 4000 flats. Max 300 flats in 2 towers....
    Palais Royale opp Indiabulls Blu is quoting 63k...

If Palais Royale is indeed 63K, why is Lodha launching at 23K or why is Bleu at 30K, when all of them are supposedly premium builders launching premium properties in a so-called premium area. Additionally, all are under-construction properties and hence no society premium is applicable (the kind of premium something like a Samudra Mahal can command compared to even neighbouring buildings). And I would really want to know if there is anyone here or in their circle who has purchased a flat in Palais Royale at 63K type price.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by gaurang
    How is the loading calculcated ?? if you substract from 1674 then you get loading of approx 37-38% .. if you add from 1045 then you get loading of 60% .. so how is the calculation done ??

It's other way around.
    You need to calculate upwards from 1045.
    37~38% loading you may find in 15 years old buildings.
    CommentQuote
  • Not sure if you guys noted the fine print. What is quoted is just the bsp and floor rise. There is 9% infra charge which in any case takes your effective rate to arnd 26000 +. More importantly, pl read the payment plan carefully as you are expected to pay arnd 45% in 75 days. I did some maths...a 3bhk in the larger size is landing at arnd 6.9 cr on a lower floor and one would need to pay arnd 3 cr in a few installments within 75 days from allotment.

I am not sure if these are fair payment terms given that project would take 5 years to get built, they are expecting customers to pay almost half of the price upfront. They seem to be offloading their cost of funding to their customers and one should factor in that into your effective landed cost.
    CommentQuote
  • I am really afraid with Lodha Blue moon project due to the following reason.
    1) they can allot any unit, may not be good view facing
    2) 2 leading builders have reduced rates substantially- RNA Exotica from 14 000 to 9950 and DB Realty from 15500 to 11000, Oberoi did not dare to increase rate for last 1 year in any project
    3) 9% infastructure charges are huge
    4) There is substantial delay in all Lodha Project
    5) Lodha was not able to sale Wadala project, they had reduced rates on Dussera
    6) payment terms are very bad, they are asking 45% now and remaining on construction, POssession payment is only 3%
    CommentQuote
  • The last i heard was that Lodha Blue Moon project they plan to get 3k cr cash in-flow from bookings to 2 towers (from total 7) of 70 stories each via IPO-kind of approach.

also, there has been more launches in affordable-luxury to premium-luxury segment in Y2012....all these projects will (hopefully) come to posession in another 6-7 yrs - so looking at this near-future - prices seems reasonable. Lodha Wadala was significantly over-priced sicne its launch in Y2010 and Lodha must have learned from Wadala and CRG projects...
    CommentQuote
  • well said my friend..3 crs in 75 days? even if i can afford i wouldn't trust them with the money..

Originally Posted by vantagepoint
    Not sure if you guys noted the fine print. What is quoted is just the bsp and floor rise. There is 9% infra charge which in any case takes your effective rate to arnd 26000 +. More importantly, pl read the payment plan carefully as you are expected to pay arnd 45% in 75 days. I did some maths...a 3bhk in the larger size is landing at arnd 6.9 cr on a lower floor and one would need to pay arnd 3 cr in a few installments within 75 days from allotment.

I am not sure if these are fair payment terms given that project would take 5 years to get built, they are expecting customers to pay almost half of the price upfront. They seem to be offloading their cost of funding to their customers and one should factor in that into your effective landed cost.
    CommentQuote
  • how do u know rates have reduced? where is rna exotica?

Originally Posted by sanjay10
    I am really afraid with Lodha Blue moon project due to the following reason.
    1) they can allot any unit, may not be good view facing
    2) 2 leading builders have reduced rates substantially- RNA Exotica from 14 000 to 9950 and DB Realty from 15500 to 11000, Oberoi did not dare to increase rate for last 1 year in any project
    3) 9% infastructure charges are huge
    4) There is substantial delay in all Lodha Project
    5) Lodha was not able to sale Wadala project, they had reduced rates on Dussera
    6) payment terms are very bad, they are asking 45% now and remaining on construction, POssession payment is only 3%
    CommentQuote