Collapse

Lodha Blue Moon, Lodha Group, Worli, Mumbai

Last updated: February 19 2016
192 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Lodha Blue Moon, Lodha Group, Worli, Mumbai

I think it is wrong to look at Mumbai as a single market.

Affordable areas with rates less then 12k psf will continue to see good demand and so appreciation.

Expensive locations with rates more than 18k will see muted demand and hence appreciation may not be very high over the next 5 yrs.

Also 1 and 2 bhk products will have better appreciation compared to larger products.

It's hard to generalize but these would be the trends I think.

Comment

So whats the jury saying finally for blue moon -- yes or no?

Comment

No reason Lodha is to be trusted given his track record .. Its a bit of a ponzi scheme where delivery will take twice the promised time (herdo of bellisssimo ?).. your money will be used to pay off the earlier entrants in the scheme .. your hopes of getting your property will depend on the next johnny willing to pony up the cash .. When the music stops, just hope you're not the one without the chair .. caveat emptor !

Comment

Originally posted by csa1972 View Post
          No reason Lodha is to be trusted given his track record .. Its a bit of a ponzi scheme where delivery will take twice the promised time (herdo of bellisssimo ?).. your money will be used to pay off the earlier entrants in the scheme .. your hopes of getting your property will depend on the next johnny willing to pony up the cash .. When the music stops, just hope you're not the one without the chair .. caveat emptor !
          To add to this, I also wonder if Lodha has bit in more than he can chew. He is the only builder today who is buying land left, right and centre. And that too not necessarily at bargain prices. New cuffe parade, DLF land in lower Parel, American consulate property etc. Look at the fact that hardly any other builder has purchased land in Mumbai in the recent times. Not even Oberoi, who has over 1500 crs of cash in his books. Plus Lodha has so much inventory to sell in a rapidly slowing market where transactions are falling rapidly. (Urbania in Thane, township in Ghodbunder road, Bhandup, Aurum and Aurum Grande in Kanjur Marg, New Cuffe Parade, Blue Moon, and several others). Wondering what wud happen if he goes bust or is unable to construct anymore. Scary indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by piy12b View Post
            To add to this, I also wonder if Lodha has bit in more than he can chew. He is the only builder today who is buying land left, right and centre. And that too not necessarily at bargain prices. New cuffe parade, DLF land in lower Parel, American consulate property etc. Look at the fact that hardly any other builder has purchased land in Mumbai in the recent times. Not even Oberoi, who has over 1500 crs of cash in his books. Plus Lodha has so much inventory to sell in a rapidly slowing market where transactions are falling rapidly. (Urbania in Thane, township in Ghodbunder road, Bhandup, Aurum and Aurum Grande in Kanjur Marg, New Cuffe Parade, Blue Moon, and several others). Wondering what wud happen if he goes bust or is unable to construct anymore. Scary indeed.
            I agree with comments made by everyone. Lodha has done enough to make prospective home buyers really think twice before trusting them with their hard earned money. Having said that, what i would give to Lodha is their ability to buy land at attractive locations and offer an interesting proposition to home buyers to buy something at these locations. South Mumbai is out of reach for most salaried individuals, however, ppl would aspire to live there because of proximity to work. Lodha is taking advantage of this and offering these projects at otherwise unaffordable locataions in south mumbai. given that one has to pay the amount spread over 5 years or may be even more, lodha is playing with that. For those who are looking at buying a home for their own use over the next 3-4 years while staying on rent should clearly give this a miss as you would not get it before 2018 or so. if you have appetite to wait till that long and are in no hurry to shift, this may be for you.

Comment

I ran some numbers and this is what I came up with. If you invest 75lakh every year in FD at 9%, you would have invested 3.5cr and you would get 5.8cr at the end of 5 years. This is similar to the investment in lodha 2BHK. Lodha 2 bhk would initially sell for 35000/sqft and it is expected to get 45000/sqft at completion. Your investment in lodha after 5 years is going to get you 4.5cr. Even if lodha 2bhk gives you 58000/sqft after 5 years, it still would not beat the FD rates.....

Also, lodha calculations are based on the assumption that prices keep increasing and the project is delivered in time after 5 years. The FD calculation has no assumption and is a guarenteed return (only assumption is that FD rates for next 5 years stays around 9%).

Comment

You forgot tax on FD. But even after taxes, i think FD is better option.
                Originally posted by wildfire View Post
                I ran some numbers and this is what I came up with. If you invest 75lakh every year in FD at 9%...

Comment

Originally posted by rohu01 View Post
                  You forgot tax on FD. But even after taxes, i think FD is better option.
                  If tax is a concern, invest in longer maturity debt mutual funds under the growth option. Your tax is going to be 10% without indexation or 20% after indexation. after 5 yrs, chances are ur taxes may actually be negligible. And in the context of rate cuts expected ahead, in all likelihood, you will get more than 9% rate, even if the same is not guaranteed.

Comment

Originally posted by piy12b View Post
                    If tax is a concern, invest in longer maturity debt mutual funds under the growth option. Your tax is going to be 10% without indexation or 20% after indexation. after 5 yrs, chances are ur taxes may actually be negligible. And in the context of rate cuts expected ahead, in all likelihood, you will get more than 9% rate, even if the same is not guaranteed.
                    In case one plans to take loan to fund this acquisition, factor in additional cost of 11% on the cost of the apartment. this would make it completely unviable an investment opp. As i said earlier also, it is not a good investment opportunity but an option for ppl who need a home in south mumbai to live in and cant purchase something upfront. So go for it if you want to live in it and can wait till 7 years minimum or go and invest your hard earned money in some fixed income plan.

Comment

Mumbai-based Lodha Group to sell Lower Parel project through IPO model - The Economic Times

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X