Collapse

Bhagtani Serenity, Jaycee Homes, Powai, Mumbai

Last updated: August 14 2020
939 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Bhagtani Serenity, Jaycee Homes, Powai, Mumbai

When it comes to timelines and execution of this project, one should also keep in mind that the real estate regulatory bill will be a reality soon and then any builder including Jaycee will have to stipulate the terms and period of completion and then earmark funds for this project in an escrow account which will give a sense of security to investors/buyers.
    I guess that the stakes will become too high for the builders from now on when it comes to defaulting on delivery and commitment which in turn will ensure that no investor/buyer frustrates to death.

Having said that would definitely subscribe to the opinion that one should use his/her rational judgement to invest in this project rather than getting swayed away by any negative/positive publicity.

Comment

Please check flats in powai vihar. 6 months back the rates that were being offered was 12500/psft on 10+ floor. You might be able to negotiate it down further. Shimmering heights was one of the tower where the above rate was offered. Lot of the flats were rental but were currently unoccupied. You should be able to find a lot of such flats. You can contact some agent in that area.

Comment

Yeah Lake Homes is also quoting around 16000 to 17000, but I am not sure if there were any deals done on that rates. One thing about Lake Homes is that it is completed

Originally posted by gautam620
        As far as I know, asking rates at Powai Vihar, Nahar, etc are now around 13500/psf + floor rise. Not sure about Shimmering Heights though I have heard some bad feedback about that project regarding construction quality - leaking during monsoons, etc.

Last week, a broker was quoting 1470 sq ft 3 BHK at Shimmering Heights for Rs. 2.5 Cr and said that a deal could be finalized for Rs. 2.2 Cr.

Also, all these projects are in Chandivali and not Powai... factor that into your decision...

Comment

The name Powai is just a marketing gimmick. Serenity is on the edge of powai towards Vikhroli. Powai Vihar is on the other edge of powai towards chandivili.For somebody who wants to buy a flat to live in powai, this hardly makes a difference. I personally prefer area towards the chandivili lake side than Vikhroli. Hirandani is spread all the way from Hirandani hospital to the hiranandani gardens towards Chandivili side.

So, the point that the address of serenity has powai in it and thats why it commands the same premium as existing construction in that area, in my opinion is not justified. I would prefer the chandivli lake side area than vikrholi side anyday, unless your work place is towards vikhroli.

my 2 cents!

Comment

Hi Wildfire

I understand with your viewpoint but do not buy your arguments because:

- You have already declared multiple times that you are not interested in this particular project as of now and would consider it only when they have received IOD & CC.
            - I personally respect the information/ view/ expertise of the area you have and would like to take your view in my next decision. Trust me. And I am sure you can take your decision of buying a property for yourself as well.

My curiosity is that why are you trying to subtly bad market this particular project almost from the beginning of the thread. I have had issues and raised them on this forum. I will do it again if I have them again. But continuously bad marketing without having any interest..... I do not understand unless you are from rival builder, have had issues with the Bhagtanis as builder or have some other interest. Request you to clarify so that we all can respect your opinions a little more.

Thanks

Comment

Comparing both ends of Hiranandani is probably the best way to look at this project, By being close to Hiranandani , one will not get close to the rates in HN , a lot of buildings in the IIT area are in redevelopment stage and one can still crack a deal easily at 10-11k with less loading.......however, don't expect construction quality to be good.....
              For this particular project a lot depends on the end product , which not many of us have clarity on. Quite clearly , with 39 storeys its not going to be a premium one , atleast looking at the plot size. Expect less of open space ( Which ppl pay premium for) , Expect parking chaos ( no matter how many levels of podium the builder is talking about as of now). As most of us expect , its going to be a budget project but could see takers given the low ticket size as 1bhks are scarce in powai and might end up being a good hit for investors.
              With 39 storeys its going to be a landmark in IIT area and surely will be better than a most of the buildings in IIT area , but if you compare with powai as a whole , there are many buildings which will rank above Serenity and will always command a premium above serenity.

Eg : L&T powai is far off from HN but is still charging a premium to it cos of the planning and the size of the complex.
              Raj legacy in vikhroli is not able to command premium cos of poor construction quality , despite the size of complex. Of all the projects on LBS ( The Address, Kalpataru , Runwal and Lodha ( Kanjur E) , Raj ranks the lowest cos of reasons mentioned above. Although , the location of this project is much better than the other 4 projects as there virtually not traffic ahead of Raj's complex compared to a lot of traffic for the address , kalpataru and runwal.

Finally , if you are bullish on powai as a locality , then go for it. There will always be pros and cons for every project. The only risk for this project is the end product , which could be easily 5+ years away. If you can wait and have the patience go for it , there is not much to lose.
              Last edited July 4 2013, 08:54 PM.

Comment

gbs, I would like to point out that I am not bad mouthing the project. I am just trying to point out that the price of 12-13K for this project is not justified for the reasons I mentioned.

Answer the questions about serenity and you will know what I am trying to say

1. what is the stage of construction - nil
                2. What is the stage of approvals - nil
                3. what is the progress of the other projects by the builder int he same location (Krishnaang) - still underconstruction after 6 years
                4. Comparision of this project to Krishnaang - lower quality ( 1, 2 bhk). Krishaang is premium/luxury project
                5. when can one expect possession of serenity - 6+ years
                6. What is special about the project that one should pay 12-13K compared to other projects in the same area - none.

Now inspite of all the above negatives, I am saying it is still a good investment if the price is around 10K, but definitely not at 12-13K.

Now, there are claims of 17K in chandivali. I am checking 99 acres and I can see there are flats available in ready possession from 12.5 - 17K/psft.

For example this one. Replace link with 99acres. It is being offered at 12.5K/psft in Nahar. What is am suggesting is that there are claims being made by folks that this project is one of a kind and the prices is awesome and there is nothing available at that price. I am trying to prove that that is not true and there are projects available in ready possession.

I mentioned I might be interested in the project after IOD/CC, but that does not mean I plan to play 13K/psft even at that stage.

http://link/Residential-Apartment-Fl...wgMiAjNCN8ICA=

Comment

If or any other property website is the source then lets not argue here as it can vary by any margin. Just to confirm I also called up. And their response is "property is sold out" even without asking which link/ property I am talking about. Anyway they gave me multiple options all were more than 14500/- per sqft. That confirms that we have made the right decision.

Comment

Rates At Serenity

Contrary to what people have mentioned here rates for both 1 BHk and 2BHk are still available at 10500/- psft in Bhagtani with 30% downpayment option (this is a channel partner offer), to common people it's 12500/ sft with 30% dp (may be negotiable)

I was presented this opportunity by a family contact of mine in last week or so and I was very tempted with the offer. Only after doing some googling I relaised that this project is being discussed in this forum for last 7 months now. I went through all 38 pages of post on this last night and these are my key observations:-

1. Project got offered to investors and people in Dec 12 at variable rates, 30% dp 10,000/sft and other options were offered to common public (investors offers like mine must be around 9000/ sft with 30% dp at that time).
                    2. Project had 24 floors in intitial plan which has been changed to a massive 39 floors now.
                    3. They said in Dec that IOD will be obtained in 8-9 months and CC in around 12 months. This is exactly what they are commiting now, IOD in 8-9 months from now and consturction will probably start in 14-15 months.

So based on my latest inputs and going through contents forum for 38 pages one can deduce their own conclusions.

Thanks GOD to google age and forums like this everyone gets benefited and can make a informed decision. Mine is NO after doing the ROI maths.

Comment

I too received an email today with the following details

2 Bed(s) Apartment1145 sq.ft.Rs.1.19 Cr(s)

BHAGTANI SERENITY in Hiranandani Gardens - Powai, Central Mumbai suburbs
                      Bhagtani Serenity Mumbai is one the most developed cities in India. On the one hand it is the business capital of India and on the other hand it is known as the Hollywood of India. All this faces make this city ideal for living and everyday number of people goes for searching new residential project in this city. Most of the demands come on the prime location but at the present moment there are not more locations for residential project at the posh area of Mumbai. Due to this fact most of the realtors are making their investment on the suburbs of this city.

Strange so it seems that the rate has not moved since the last 6 months and contrary to all the hype that has been going on in this thread.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X