Is anyone aware of this new pre-launch in Powai, Bhagtani Group's Bhagtani Serenity? Where is the exact location and what are the pre-launch rates? Is it worth investing here?
Read more
602 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • He has multiple UC projects ongoing.. Bagtani Krishnaang has been going on since 2009.. I think..

You can do a search on Bagtani and it will throw multiple threads. Go through all the threads and make the call...

Originally Posted by ameyk85
    Hi guys,

Came to know about this project just recently while looking for a 1BHK. In my opinion it is a very good investment opportunity as the brokers are offering rates as low as 9500-10000 psf for this project as on today. However i want to understand all the risks before taking a decision to invest in the project. Other than the project getting delayed (delay in obtaining IOD, CC) and delay in construction are there any other risks associated? Incase the project permissions do not come, what are the exit options available for the investors? Does the builder have enough financial strength to refund the money to all the investors?
    CommentQuote
  • I would say if you are a seasoned investor and already made profits in realty, you can take risk and consider putting ur surplus funds.
    If it's ur 1st investment, IMO this is not a good option considering builders past track record and status of clearances and approvals for this project.

Also builder is launching several projects one after another, hence looks doubtful if he will deliver this on time even after all approvals have come.

After all, Money would need to be rotated across all projects for funding, legal, devt etc.
    CommentQuote
  • Sharpj and contactbrij, thanks for your advice. Yes, I am a first time investor but i am not able to find any other project offering a good rate where IOD/CC has been received. Rates quoted for under construction flats in Borivali itself are outrageous n come to almost 11-12k psf even for not so reputed developers, so m thinking why not invest in this one as where else I'll get a rate of 10k psf that too with a well known developer. His Horizon project at Goregaon is already quoting at 13-14psf with only IOD in place. I am fine with construction delays as every investor has to digest that but my only concern here is the financial position of the builder and whether he has the muscle and money to get so many projects to completion. I am sure there is going to be a delay in getting IOD here as well otherwise the rates offered would not be 10k nego at this stage
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ameyk85
    Sharpj and contactbrij, thanks for your advice. Yes, I am a first time investor but i am not able to find any other project offering a good rate where IOD/CC has been received. Rates quoted for under construction flats in Borivali itself are outrageous n come to almost 11-12k psf even for not so reputed developers, so m thinking why not invest in this one as where else I'll get a rate of 10k psf that too with a well known developer. His Horizon project at Goregaon is already quoting at 13-14psf with only IOD in place. I am fine with construction delays as every investor has to digest that but my only concern here is the financial position of the builder and whether he has the muscle and money to get so many projects to completion. I am sure there is going to be a delay in getting IOD here as well otherwise the rates offered would not be 10k nego at this stage

first of all how many years of dealy are u comfortable 6,7,or 10 years will be fine--

investment can become nightmare if u wait till 5 years,i dont know how much patience u have but most of them losse after 5 years :bab (45):
    CommentQuote
  • I am fine with possession by 2020 as the builder is already stating possesion as 2018 end, and it is sure to get delayed by 1-2 yrs after that so i think all those who have invested or planning to invest must prepare themselves for 2020
    CommentQuote
  • What you are saying is perfectly true and completely agree with u.... but the case is that this is bound to happen in any prelaunch / underconstruction project.

By the way, also came to know that there is another prelaunch project of the same developer for which bookings have started at Kanjurmarg opp. to the Lodha project. Rates offered are very lucrative. God knows how many prelaunches will actually be launched!!
    CommentQuote
  • They are already doing pre-launches before buying land.
    Land for both the Mira rd projects are locked in litigation with no clear title and builder seems to have already sold huge inventory around 4K psf.
    IMO its purely due to their name and current realty boom that they are able sell flats by just pointing to vacant land and get quick money.
    It is a good business strategy if u see from builders point of view, but catch lies in the waiting game, litigation aspects and continued sound intentions of builder.

Since there are so many issues involved, Bhagtani prices are lower than market and over long run it would even out and cost probably more than current market prices, considering interest cost, opportunity cost, risk involved etc.
    CommentQuote
  • Every real estate company has more than 3 pre launches at any point of time, name them and those are available.. but sale is stopped at sometime.

As far as my knowledge is concerned on Jaycee- they had prelaunched dn nagar, juhu, santacruz 3 projects, powai, dahisar mira road, goregaon, powai 2nd project, and now kanjur..

Out of all these dn nagar, juhu, santacruz 3 projects, powai , goregaon are already constructed or under construction

Mira road and dahisar pre launch is stopped which means if u have invested u have made money as project is closer to taking off. Now that leaves only to powai second project and kanjur (btw have you seen kanjur- its massive)

I am talking from experience parted by my grandfather.. We are into real estate investments since 35 years now and invested with all developers over these years.. As on today we invest only with 6 builders .. Jaycee is one of them.. If you are an investor in a project why talk negative about it? Don't you want to sell it to someone?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Devendre
    Every real estate company has more than 3 pre launches at any point of time, name them and those are available.. but sale is stopped at sometime.

As far as my knowledge is concerned on Jaycee- they had prelaunched dn nagar, juhu, santacruz 3 projects, powai, dahisar mira road, goregaon, powai 2nd project, and now kanjur..

Out of all these dn nagar, juhu, santacruz 3 projects, powai , goregaon are already constructed or under construction

Mira road and dahisar pre launch is stopped which means if u have invested u have made money as project is closer to taking off. Now that leaves only to powai second project and kanjur (btw have you seen kanjur- its massive)

I am talking from experience parted by my grandfather.. We are into real estate investments since 35 years now and invested with all developers over these years.. As on today we invest only with 6 builders .. Jaycee is one of them.. If you are an investor in a project why talk negative about it? Don't you want to sell it to someone?

"Experience is the comb that Nature gives us after we are bald" - Belgian Proverb

It is a treasure to have real-estate experience of 35 yrs in the family. The initial investment would have grown multiple times with luck, acumen and foresight..

But many persons are looking for a first time home or for upgrade from an existing home in a distant suburb to a more convenient and upscale location. It is not possible to pay upfront a large amount for a Ready to Move flat. Hence they invest in prelaunch. For many, it is not a investment, it is place they look forward to move in.

I think many users in IREF who have had a rough experience in pre-launches or soft-launches are doing a favour to prospective home buyers by spreading the info on pitfalls or risks they should be clearly aware of. Developers are squeezing money to the last Rupee or last square foot, and use unethical marketing tactics and gimmicks.

If there are no such forums, builders (with help of their coterie of brokers and investors) would do pre-launches left, right and centre, divert the money to some other land purchase or existing project and jack up prices even more.

Today we are aware like what to expect in a Jaycee, Lodha, Runwal, Wadhwa or an Omkar project, thanks to forums like IREF.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ameyk85
    I am fine with possession by 2020 as the builder is already stating possession as 2018 end, and it is sure to get delayed by 1-2 yrs after that so i think all those who have invested or planning to invest must prepare themselves for 2020

Do let me know if you plan to invest into this project, it seems a high risk , high gain thing. A group of 3 or 4 investors can bargain further for prices. Is it 9500 for 30 % down payment plan btw ?

It will be great if some one can pass me contact detail of a trusted broker or Bhagtani employee directly selling this project.
    CommentQuote
  • And ameyk85, do one more post so that we can exchange pm's/ Only members with 10 + posts are entitled to personal messaging on this forum.
    CommentQuote
  • See the problem we have with this post is this..

You are a newbie and have posted only one post... The post is praising builder like Jaycee.. and the reality is if you do a search on this forum, you hear nothing good about them..

These forums provide anonymity and yes there are also brokers and builders in guise of buyers recommending..

I would think people would read all the posts before making their decision.. and it is your naivety if you think, people would read your post and rush into making an investment..

Cheers

Originally Posted by Devendre
    Every real estate company has more than 3 pre launches at any point of time, name them and those are available.. but sale is stopped at sometime.

CommentQuote
  • I live in Chandivali and can tell u that nothing is happening on Krishnag site for over multiple years .... I think I saw it in same condition in 2010 if I try to recollect. It looks like ghost half constructed building but I don't understand why people are not able to see their money buried there. Still people are talking of high risk and high return and some good theories. Money is gone ...poof.... Ur tentative possession could be 2025.... BUT how do u know builder will survive till then and if survive then how many of under completed project will he complete as he has multiple u/c projects.
    CommentQuote
  • what is current rate in powai for pre launch
    CommentQuote
  • If you go through this thread from the beginning.. you will find that the rates were earlier around 11,000 psf and in the later posts there was a mention of 9500 also.. but my guess would be upward of 10K

Originally Posted by aniketk989
    what is current rate in powai for pre launch
    CommentQuote