Collapse

Orchid Woods, DB Realty, Goregoan, Mumbai

Last updated: December 14 2017
98 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Orchid Woods, DB Realty, Goregoan, Mumbai

Capt Rajesh, I am a Real estate ad-visor myself and the language that you are using is really not fair. Just cause some of the brokers have been doing this dosent mean the entire community is "DALLAL" or Begging!! In that case if an xyz "CAPTAIN" is accused of bribe or corruption then the whole lot is corrupted sir?? Secondly the problem has become in the trend which is when intelligent people like all in this forum would demand 15k per sq.ft in shady areas of borivali when selling their property and when purchasing would hunt for 10k per sq.ft in prime locations of suburbs. The point here is i feel the blame completely goes to owners demanding unrealistic and baseless pricing not the DALLAS" that u mentioned.
    Last edited February 8 2013, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Thanks for your concern, I have edited my post.

No offense meant.

Cheers.
      Last edited February 12 2016, 10:11 AM. Reason: Text formatting.

Comment

Originally posted by pmishra025 View Post
        Capt Rajesh, I am a Real estate ad-visor myself and the language that you are using is really not fair. Just cause some of the brokers have been doing this dosent mean the entire community is "DALLAL" or Begging!! In that case if an xyz "CAPTAIN" is accused of bribe or corruption then the whole lot is corrupted sir?? Secondly the problem has become in the trend which is when intelligent people like all in this forum would demand 15k per sq.ft in shady areas of borivali when selling their property and when purchasing would hunt for 10k per sq.ft in prime locations of suburbs. The point here is i feel the blame completely goes to owners demanding unrealistic and baseless pricing not the DALLAS" that u mentioned.
        Mishraji ,just as you feel offended cause we as end users group all the Dallu's together , we as end user feel very disturbed when you know that RE brokers think they can lie to people about un realstic prices , refer to my posts where in 1 bed room in Aditya complex on link road cost 80 lacs , didnt you feel moraly responsible to respond to that post and say , boss this re broker is taking you for a ride , but felt your moral responsibility to rspond to Capt's post ?... double standard .. dont you think
        ?

Comment

Dear sir, my post clearly mentions that i am not in support of such brokers who are purposely trying to misguide clients. But when owners are quoting unreasonable rates then being a broker i know how difficult it becomes to convince them cause ultimately there are other clients who are ready to buy in such price difference. Secondly, the rates do differ everywhere..it may differ in 0.5 km radius too considering the location, access, society and various other factors. Also sir, we being brokers are responsible for deals happening through smoothly we work for certain percentage, we are not administered with some powers to control sellers quoting price and buyers purchasing price, we can only convince such owners and ultimately offer the apartments as an OPTION to clients. We never force anybody (i am sure that broker too has not FORCED you!) to get into a deal with a price diff of 5 L if the clients feel so.

Comment

owners are getting info from brokers ?

Originally posted by pmishra025 View Post
            Dear sir, my post clearly mentions that i am not in support of such brokers who are purposely trying to misguide clients. But when owners are quoting unreasonable rates then being a broker i know how difficult it becomes to convince them cause ultimately there are other clients who are ready to buy in such price difference. Secondly, the rates do differ everywhere..it may differ in 0.5 km radius too considering the location, access, society and various other factors. Also sir, we being brokers are responsible for deals happening through smoothly we work for certain percentage, we are not administered with some powers to control sellers quoting price and buyers purchasing price, we can only convince such owners and ultimately offer the apartments as an OPTION to clients. We never force anybody (i am sure that broker too has not FORCED you!) to get into a deal with a price diff of 5 L if the clients feel so.
            when i tried to ask owner questions , it is the broker who was answering questions , which is quite odd , unless he is trying to sell his own house ?

also when one deal happens there are multiple brokers and there is atleast one deal which fell thru cause the broker told us tht we have to pay one more broker .. so what ever you are saying about brokers been " dudh ka dhula " are really false

Comment

With all due respect to all the "honest" brokers, I've always wondered what role do they actually play apart from introducing the seller with the buyer? They take 2% of the transaction amount from the seller and the buyer. Mishraji, I stand by what Mr. Gujjar has to say. Brokers have vested interest for the property to be sold at the highest price as higher the price, higher their brokerage. Dont you think even 2% (1% from seller and buyer each) is a bit too much for the work the "common" broker actually does.

My personal experience is that they are only interested in their brokerage. They have incomplete info about the property but claim that everything is fine with the property, worse they will try to sell properties to you that they know are dodgy.... they withold vital info.

They do not do any running around when it comes to sorting out property documentation. And they disappear the moment they have received their commission.

What annoyed me the most is that a broker in Goregaon actually asked for 2 months rent as commission for a 11 months rental deal. I just couldnt believe his cheek. My friend then told me that the same broker actually turned up a year later for his commission when he wanted to extend the 11 month contract. Come on guys, do have any shame to ask for money as if it grows on trees? If there is a troublesome tenant who refuses to leave at the contract, then they dont want to get involved. What the f*** is all the brokerage you take for????

Pardon my language but I am generally not a rude person but some people just test your limits.

Ofcourse, no offence to Mishraji. I'm sure you dont do any of the stuff that I've mentioned above.

Comment

While I am not a fan of several brokers myself, I guess brokers/middlemen are present in many industries, not just real estate. Instead of yelling at brokers in general, if brokerage is not worth the service provided by the brokers, then market efficiency will ease them out over time. I have seen this in other industries (textiles, mutual funds for example) already. With the advent of the internet, most buyers and sellers can come together directly. Also for most new constructions, working directly with the builders is usually better then working with brokers. Again, one's experience varies from individual to individual and there might be many times when a broker has been instrumental for both parties.

There is no point in ranting. It was the advent of satellite television that forced the cable providers to pull up their socks. They had to finally use STB and provide better customer service. Similarly, if brokers get eased out of real estate rent/purchase transactions, then they will realize that they will have to provide value added service to hang around, just introducing buyer and seller and running away with brokerage is not going to be worth a few lac rupees anymore.

And the users of this forum is just a miniscule move in the direction of the internet shedding some light in the opaque world of real estate transactions. In the US for example, anyone can find the exact amount that any property was sold for off the internet. While there is 0% black involved there typically, something similar here would at least put the transaction detail in perspective. One can then estimate the black amount to know what rates transactions actually happen. Currently there is a lot of hearsay that the rates are relied on and the brokers play their part coz they invariably have conflict of interest.

I find it funny when you ask a broker for purchase and they will say "bazaar me maal bahut nahi hai" and when you ask the same broker to sell they will say "bazaar me narmi hai" That is the nature of their business folks.

My 10 paise.

-RD99

Comment

brokers are not there to do social service. As a buyer or seller, do ask what are the charges for their brokerage and if you feel its reasonable hire the broker or go manage things ur self! Bottom line of any business is PROFIT, Simple!

Comment

Well i guess here the purchaser lobby is getting too heavy on me and without any support i guess it would not make any sense in what i want to explain I replied to a post here in the forum which had some vague and weird references to Broker Community, i being a broker myself cldnt ignore the post and hence commented. Nowhere in my post i am trying to protect the community because i know such illiterate and **sholes are present in our fraternity..but i also know that such ppl are involved and ALWAYS present in every/any field. And to everybody in this forum, like you all suffer from biased and some C grade brokers..we also meet such clients who purposely waste time sometime weeks /months by solely visiting the properties just for the sake of it and never turning up again.. Paying 50 lakhs on interiors purchasing 2 crores flat and not paying brokerage charges of 1.5L after the deal getting over or even smarter ones who never pick calls and are not even bothered to respond or call back..Some creative purchasers who directly approach the properties which had been earlier showed to them by us and ultimately cracking that same deal without any guilt feeling or anything of that sort regarding that broker. AND to SIR HASMUKH with your reference, We actually play the most DIFFICULT PART that you simply ignored by INTRODUCING the sellers with the buyers : ) i think without that no deal would take off.. Thats a different thing after introduction it becomes the statement that u wrote : )..We take 1% of the transaction amount from the seller and the buyer. - - Brokers have vested interest for the property to be sold at the highest price as higher the price, higher their brokerage - - is really not logical because we are really not interested in 5k - 7k rupees that gets increased by every lakh!! ITS 1% Sir we cant be that sick..There are builders some reputed ones who are actually PAYING 3% of the transaction values yes Sir hasmukh some are even paying 4 % because we are the ones who simply "INTRODUCE" the purchasers to a seller / builders and the Projects. We work hard through out day arrange flats, use our own "Settings" convince clients and owners, take all the responsibility's in regards to documentation, loan formality, cordinate with society, cordinate with Paintwaala, lockwaala, plumberwaala and all the waala's and the major responisbilty of complete payments which involves lakhs of ROKDA.

We are definitely interested in our brokerage (Like most of u are interested in salary ). - - They have incomplete info about the property but claim that everything is fine with the property, worse they will try to sell properties to you that they know are dodgy..they withold vital info - -Again here Sir Hasmukh i feel you have met only the wrong ones into this business.. I can give numbers of my clients who are satisfied and have given blessings to me for the work i have done. Not me i know atleast 70% of brokers who are like that cause being humans we too know what importance it is to purchase a flat for a "common man"

They do not do any running around when it comes to sorting out property documentation. And they disappear the moment they have received their commission - - Surprisingly i havent come across any such modest and principled purchaser who would release the brokerage before the work is completed!! haahahaa..that would be an achievement to us, so disappearing is not possible. And above i have stated also what work we do and provide. Sir everybody has their own story we are not in humans, and yes we make mistakes like everybody else maybe in documentation or sometimes "misleading" which is solely not intended.

Comment

we should appreciate pmishra025 sharing the other side of the story.

Just like in any industry or any field of work there are all kinds of people. I have interviewed hundreds of top-class engineers from Tier-1 engg colleges, trust me most of them are cr*p. No knowledge, fake information on CVs and the stuff.. So it is not fair to generalize one type of industry like this.

I have had both good and bad experiences with brokers, but eventually the learning was to know how to pick a good one. Either you knock on doors of every flat in the desired area to find out which one is for sale/rent, or spend your time in finding references for a good broker.

It is like running a successful business, either you do all the work yourself, or find the brightest people who can do a better job than you. One way or the other, buyers do have to put in some of their own time and energy if not in finding the property themselves, but at least in finding the right broker to do the job for them.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X