So, the past quarter being a festive season was good for lots of builders in the city. What we at ‘ezhome4nri’ observed is the schemes/rates that were offered during ‘Dasera-Diwali’ timeframe were pretty good. For e.g. one of the project-Lodha Casa Rio offered Gold voucher with every booking. And when we compare today the rates for the same project, two things have happened-prices per sqft went up and freebies are over, making property more expensive in just less than three months of timeframe. Sure this is not true for all the projects but is true for lots of projects that we know of from Lodha, Rustomjee, Sheth etc. And the pre-launch projects had great demand like Omkar Veda, Lodha Venezia in parel area.

There are projects where even in ready possession there is availability and there are others where in pre-launch itself there is a huge demand! There is always a demand for right product at good rates with good location. And that’s what is important to remember in real estate industry!

Lots of things positively impacted real estate industry in the past three quarters. Festive season, better schemes/rates by builders, expectation of clearances of stuck projects, positive energy with FDI in retail, stocks going up from November lows, rupee still hovering around 53-55 range to USD making more easier for NRI’s to buy, hope for rate cuts by RBI in the current year there by reducing EMIs and probably many more! Looks like from all indication, the year 2013 will be good for real estate industry in Mumbai! Who knew that Lodha will come out with ‘Bluemoon’ in Worli with near suburban rates!

Disclaimer: ‘ezhome4nri’ is a real estate agency and is clearly mentioned in our profile.
Read more
5 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • and if its not a good year, we all come to you and get the money that we invested? Isn't it dumb to say it will be a good year, how can you guarantee it will be a good year?
    CommentQuote
  • Hes a broker dude so he will say it will be a good year for RE .. Ever heard of a broker saying this wont be a good time to buy a property ??
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ezhome4nri
    .....For e.g. one of the project-Lodha Casa Rio offered Gold voucher with every booking. And when we compare today the rates for the same project, two things have happened-prices per sqft went up and freebies are over.........

Freebies are never over in Lodha Casa Rio project.
    Since past 3 years they have been promising one or the other freebie. You just need to see the poster across the Vashi bridge when you come from station

Just the type of freebie varies

-Gold
    - family trip to Singapore
    - Trip to londan
    - Now they are giving discover bike I think
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by donkeykong
    and if its not a good year, we all come to you and get the money that we invested? Isn't it dumb to say it will be a good year, how can you guarantee it will be a good year?

I'm not guaranteeing that it would be a good year. Nobody can guarantee except Fixed rated like FD! Tomorrow if there is a snap election, who knows what happens? But my assessment is based on what we saw as per my blog.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pratikpr
    Freebies are never over in Lodha Casa Rio project.
    Since past 3 years they have been promising one or the other freebie. You just need to see the poster across the Vashi bridge when you come from station

Just the type of freebie varies

-Gold
    - family trip to Singapore
    - Trip to londan
    - Now they are giving discover bike I think

You are correct in this regard, but also remember I mentioned about the price increase as well. Trust me, I myself was shocked when for another client I wanted to get the latest rate on Dec'31st. The rate was up by more than 500/sqft in less than 3 months. I kept on asking what are you talking, we just made a deal on Dasera day and it's not even three months!
    CommentQuote