Hello members,

Heard that Godrej properties are coming up with a new project in Chembur in Mumbai named Godrej Central

Any one has further information on this project, please share
Read more
246 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • I must say, I have not been a major fan of areas on the Harbour line. Wonder what Tilak Nagar area is like. Have never been there myself. Is it any worse (in terms of hygiene) than any other middle class area in Mumbai OR is it bad like Dharavi ??? I know that area around Diamond Garden is quite good.

I heard a lot of Mumbai goons came from that area. Is it now a decent enough area for middle class families?

What is the traffic like in that area especially peak times ?

Any good schools around - CBSE/ICSE etc ???

Somebody mentioned flooding in that area - any first hand experiences/ ideas ?? Wouldnt like to live where you need a small boat to get in and out of your house for 3 months in a year...... dont like the the idea of ruining my car with sewage water getting inside the car and the Engine. Do people think this issue can solved ????

On google maps, I notice there is huge naalah (looks wider than the regular size mumbai naalah :P ) on one side....... Will the buildings be somewhere around there?? ............ Do people see that as a major problem???? Do we have problem of mosquitoes?? (Sorry, I'm getting a bit finnicky - Fear of Dengue scares the shit out of me)

What is the current rate in that area for ready possession flats ? Any ideas? I think Godrej will be charging approx 25000 psf as base price on the carpet area. i think that is very steep for any place on the Harbour line. What are your views?

P.S: I have been out of the country for 10 years (only returning to see family a few weeks each year), so dont have much idea. Would really appreciate peoples views/opinions/ideas.
    CommentQuote
  • dont this is not for you

dont this is not for you , you seem to have a lot of information about the area what is stooping you from going to that area it takes only 2 hrs to go anywhere in mumbai , i think you should do that and as far as dengue is concerned Yashraj died cause of dengue and i am sure

1) he did not live in chembur , nor did he visit chembur , and if you have spend 10 + yrs living outside India , mumbai is not the best place for you

Originally Posted by Antfern
    I must say, I have not been a major fan of areas on the Harbour line. Wonder what Tilak Nagar area is like. Have never been there myself. Is it any worse (in terms of hygiene) than any other middle class area in Mumbai OR is it bad like Dharavi ??? I know that area around Diamond Garden is quite good.

I heard a lot of Mumbai goons came from that area. Is it now a decent enough area for middle class families?

Somebody mentioned flooding in that area - any first hand experiences/ ideas ?? Wouldnt like to live where you need a small boat to get in and out of your house for 3 months in a year...... dont like the the idea of ruining my car with sewage water getting inside the car and the Engine. Do people think this issue can solved ????

On google maps, I notice there is huge naalah (looks wider than the regular size mumbai naalah :P ) on one side....... Will the buildings be somewhere around there?? ............ Do people see that as a major problem???? Do we have problem of mosquitoes?? (Sorry, I'm getting a bit finnicky - Fear of Dengue scares the shit out of me)

What is the current rate in that area for ready possession flats ? Any ideas? I think Godrej will be charging approx 25000 psf as base price on the carpet area. i think that is very steep for any place on the Harbour line. What are your views?

P.S: I have been out of the country for 10 years (only returning to see family a few weeks each year), so dont have much idea. Would really appreciate peoples views/opinions/ideas.
    CommentQuote
  • Sashank saahab, yes! I have been outside India for 10 years but what about 32 years that I earlier lived in Mumbai ? Obviously, I am bound to have some basic knowledge. Aur Internet/ google map se kya pata nahi lag sakta?

What is stopping me to go there? Yaar....5000 miles 2 ghante mein cover nahi hota bhai..... Aur Bahut mehenga bhi padega. If I was in Mumbai today then definitely would have gone.

No matter how much I hate the corruption, pollution, complete lack of infra etc...etc..., I can't hate my birth place.....just too many sweet memories to let go. Once a Mumbai'ite always a Mumbai'ite I guess. In SRK lingo- "Saali dil mein mein ghus gayi hai". :)

So what am I doing living abroad you would ask?
    " Paapi pet ka chakkar Babu bhaiyya....paapi pet ka chakkar" - I would say.

Btw, always had a dream of buying a flat for myself in Mumbai so that the day I decide to return, I can just pack my boriya-bistar and leave. Well nothing wrong in dreaming right?

You are right on the Dengue bit Lekin avoid kar sakte ho to achha hi hai na?

Logonko sirf pooch hi raha hooon..... At their asking rate, don't think I'll be able to afford anyways. If people give their ideas good, if they don't - they don't - kya fark padta hai.

Btw, would like to know your views, if you have any.

Peace.
    CommentQuote
  • I have posted my views some posts earlier , but let me repeat

1) this is very close to the " Tilak Nagar" station one one side and " Shell Colony " on the other side , the naala and the tracks are which split shell colony and Tilak nagar , if the building is on the tilak nagar side then its going to be close to kurla termins , trust mein you dont want to be on that side , shell colony side is
    little better but there is only a power generation plant which separates it from 8 and 9 number kurla station platform

shell colony &&&&&&&&&&&& godrej &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& kurla station

------------------------------------------------------------
    ===============================================
    tilak nagar &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& kurla terminus

Sashank saahab, yes! I have been outside India for 10 years but what about 32 years that I earlier lived in Mumbai ? Obviously, I am bound to have some basic knowledge. Aur Internet/ google map se kya pata nahi lag sakta?

What is stopping me to go there? Yaar....5000 miles 2 ghante mein cover nahi hota bhai..... Aur Bahut mehenga bhi padega. If I was in Mumbai today then definitely would have gone.

No matter how much I hate the corruption, pollution, complete lack of infra etc...etc..., I can't hate my birth place.....just too many sweet memories to let go. Once a Mumbai'ite always a Mumbai'ite I guess. In SRK lingo- "Saali dil mein mein ghus gayi hai". :)

So what am I doing living abroad you would ask?
    " Paapi pet ka chakkar Babu bhaiyya....paapi pet ka chakkar" - I would say.

Btw, always had a dream of buying a flat for myself in Mumbai so that the day I decide to return, I can just pack my boriya-bistar and leave. Well nothing wrong in dreaming right?

You are right on the Dengue bit Lekin avoid kar sakte ho to achha hi hai na?

Logonko sirf pooch hi raha hooon..... At their asking rate, don't think I'll be able to afford anyways. If people give their ideas good, if they don't - they don't - kya fark padta hai.

Btw, would like to know your views, if you have any.

Peace.
    CommentQuote
  • Sorry do not agree with u in the following points :-

1. that shell colony better !

2. living in west tilak nagar is like living near kurla terminus.
    "trust mein you dont want to be on that side"

Firstly - kurla terminus is LOKMANYA TILAK terminus.
    who call it kurla terminus are wrong as it is nowhere in kurla.
    And only a few buildings are closer to that ticket counter side where all bhaiya's crowd the place.

and anyways the whole look of the terminus has changed with better infrastructure !

In fact shell colony leads to Kurla station and kurla is a horrible place same goes for the crowd and station.

I personally prefer west tilak nagar rather than east tilak nagar - shell colony

Originally Posted by shashankgujjar
    I have posted my views some posts earlier , but let me repeat

1) this is very close to the " Tilak Nagar" station one one side and " Shell Colony " on the other side , the naala and the tracks are which split shell colony and Tilak nagar , if the building is on the tilak nagar side then its going to be close to kurla termins , trust mein you dont want to be on that side , shell colony side is
    little better but there is only a power generation plant which separates it from 8 and 9 number kurla station platform

shell colony &&&&&&&&&&&& godrej &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& kurla station

------------------------------------------------------------
    ===============================================
    tilak nagar &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& kurla terminus
    CommentQuote
  • West Tilak nagar is a peaceful locality. With all major banks and many shops. Not at all like dharavi.
    Please read my post at page 2.

Godrej project is at shell colony which is east tilak ngr.
    Not that great but maybe godrej plans to change all.
    U shd chk out what all godrej plans to provide as amenities, ambience , parking etc.

I must say, I have not been a major fan of areas on the Harbour line. Wonder what Tilak Nagar area is like. Have never been there myself. Is it any worse (in terms of hygiene) than any other middle class area in Mumbai OR is it bad like Dharavi ??? I know that area around Diamond Garden is quite good.

CommentQuote
  • Fair enough arguments, no one wanted to live in lower parel 10-15 years back as it was full of slums and defunct mills and now see how the picture has changed with the area commanding close to 50k psf ..
    CommentQuote
  • from next time I will be Politically correct , let me not catch you saying Bombay instead of Mumbai

Originally Posted by casa viva
    Sorry do not agree with u in the following points :-

1. that shell colony better !

2. living in west tilak nagar is like living near kurla terminus.
    "trust mein you dont want to be on that side"

Firstly - kurla terminus is LOKMANYA TILAK terminus.

who call it kurla terminus are wrong as it is nowhere in kurla.
    And only a few buildings are closer to that ticket counter side where all bhaiya's crowd the place.

and anyways the whole look of the terminus has changed with better infrastructure !

Really ... there are two tracks which split east and west so i dont know what horrible place you are talking about , unless something changed last nite after you posted

In fact shell colony leads to Kurla station and kurla is a horrible place same goes for the crowd and station.

I personally prefer west tilak nagar rather than east tilak nagar - shell colony
    CommentQuote
  • Let us try a group booking discount

Yaaron having read your comments and being a current resident of Godrej Towers vikhroli i can say this for sure that they offer unmatched construction quality. I do hold interest in going for chembur project as and when it gets launched. I am sure some on forum do believe in coming together if that's true please drop a mail

And i am a banker not real estate agent or scorpio chap .
    CommentQuote
  • Group Buying

Hi All,
    I checked few details using my office contacts ( one division of my office is into real estate business),
    #1 Project will be soft launched in April,
    ( It's been delayed I am assuming given the demands in market have gone down and prices are flat currently, month of april is where maximum sales happens if you look at historical data, possibly people gets revised salary/ bonuses).
    #2 They DO offer discounts in soft launch (again confirmed from the person managing this project, same person gave me indication of sizes, as mentioned in my pre post).
    #3 I would be happy to help form a group and together make a collective effort to get discount, I am NOT a broker..
    #4 Would appreciate all participants efforts as well in sourcing appropriate information, negotiation etc. once a group is formed, we can meet up and discuss all aspects to take it forward.
    Thanks
    CommentQuote
  • Wonder how many people they would want in a group? If it is 40- 50, then I wouldn't be too optimistic about finding so many heads. If they accept 6-8 group then there is a very good chance.

About myself, I don't think I'd like to commit until I see the area for myself. I plan to be there in late April or early may. I guess it might be bit too late by then. All the best guys......never know I might still join you in may. It will all depend as to when they launch this project.

Bomdel my friend, do you think they would negotiate upto 15-20% ? If it is pre launch then it could be possible right?....thoda insider info nikaal yaar. :)
    CommentQuote
  • i am in if we can get some reasonable discount out of group buying effort.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi All,

I visited their vikhroli project yesterday and met one of the sales guys who would be handling this project. He told me that 1bhk would around 540sq. ft. and 2bhk upto 750sq.ft. (available under various configurations). Launch would take place next month around mid-April. I also checked out the location, Sahakar nagar 1 & 2 have been vacated while they are in the process of vacating 3.

Count me in for a group, think we can manage out a discount with a group of 6-8 ppl.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by shawabhishek
    Hi All,

I visited their vikhroli project yesterday and met one of the sales guys who would be handling this project. He told me that 1bhk would around 540sq. ft. and 2bhk upto 750sq.ft. (available under various configurations). Launch would take place next month around mid-April. I also checked out the location, Sahakar nagar 1 & 2 have been vacated while they are in the process of vacating 3.

Count me in for a group, think we can manage out a discount with a group of 6-8 ppl.

I suppose those would be the carpet areas of the flats. what is the total sale / superbuilt up area of these flats. what does the total budget for these flats come up to as there would be some extra charges under various heads. how much would the builder offer a discount if we can form a group of about 20-25 buyers.
    CommentQuote
  • i have just got an official communication that pre launch will be in April and they are working on pricing to be decided by 2 or 3rd week of March.

i dont think godrej will care for a group of 6-7 people but also sure that within this forum we can surely make a larger group. keep this live with updates from all.
    CommentQuote