Hello members,

Heard that Godrej properties are coming up with a new project in Chembur in Mumbai named Godrej Central

Any one has further information on this project, please share
Read more
246 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Hi,
    One of my colleague formed a group and managed to get discount in Ahmedabad project at pre launch stage. They were 8 people.
    Areas quoted by Godrej are carpet areas.

let's do two things:
    1) form a group, please PM me
    2) can continue debating pros and cons w.r.t pricing etc.. so that we don't end up buying just because it's godrej.

Thanks,
    CommentQuote
  • I m also in

I would also be part of the group , pls count me in. Thx
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by bomdel
    Hi,
    One of my colleague formed a group and managed to get discount in Ahmedabad project at pre launch stage. They were 8 people.

let's do two things:
    2) can continue debating pros and cons w.r.t pricing etc.. so that we don't end up buying just because it's godrej.

Thanks,

Yes. Lets form a group. The bigger, the better. In terms of pricing, the salesperson informed me that the tentative pricing would be around 1cr for 1bhk and 1.5cr for 2bhk. And as bomdel mentioned Godrej price their projects on carpet area. Also, does anyone know how much upfront payment would they need for booking under pre-launch period. My guess is would be around 20-30%.
    CommentQuote
  • In for the group

I would also like to be part of the group , please count me in.

Thanks
    CommentQuote
  • hiii...
    i m too in ...for group booking
    CommentQuote
  • Hi All,
    I've got 3 members, including me. Please PM your co-ordinates and I shall respond back.
    Thanks
    CommentQuote
    Hi,

let's do two things:

Thanks,

You hit the nail on its head. I think it is vitally important to know a 100% what we are getting/ what to expect. We definitely have to discuss the pros and cons in detail before jumping into it. I know the brand is good but then we are playing with a substantial amount of money at a time when markets are bearish.

Whilst it is encouraging to see people getting together for a good deal, I imagine this is only going to be a provisional group because it is possible people might not be happy with what Godrej is offering or demanding in return and pull out.

Let me be the devil's advocate! - I am most concerned about the flooding issues of the area. I see this as a big minus along with the naalah right next to the property.
    CommentQuote
  • Also isn't 1.5 Cr for a 2BHK in Tilak Nagar an expensive deal? I mean a 2BHK around Diamond Garden in Chembur (which is a better neighborhood) would be available for around 1.3 Cr. Makes only sense if they provide a carpet area of at least 900 sft... Also what do you guys think would be a fair price per sft in this area of Tilak Nagar?
    CommentQuote
  • Bomdel (Sumit),

I tried sending an email to you at ur yahoo address.. Not sure if it went through but just wanted to let u know that I'm interested in buying a 2/2.5 BHK in this project and would love to be part of a group..My email:
    CommentQuote
  • Interested in group buying too...

Please count me in for the group...buying at Godrej Central. I too heard that it is being launched in Apr..

Originally Posted by bomdel
    Hi All,
    I checked few details using my office contacts ( one division of my office is into real estate business),
    #1 Project will be soft launched in April,
    ( It's been delayed I am assuming given the demands in market have gone down and prices are flat currently, month of april is where maximum sales happens if you look at historical data, possibly people gets revised salary/ bonuses).
    #2 They DO offer discounts in soft launch (again confirmed from the person managing this project, same person gave me indication of sizes, as mentioned in my pre post).
    #3 I would be happy to help form a group and together make a collective effort to get discount, I am NOT a broker..
    #4 Would appreciate all participants efforts as well in sourcing appropriate information, negotiation etc. once a group is formed, we can meet up and discuss all aspects to take it forward.
    Thanks
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by samsubscribe
    Also isn't 1.5 Cr for a 2BHK in Tilak Nagar an expensive deal? I mean a 2BHK around Diamond Garden in Chembur (which is a better neighborhood) would be available for around 1.3 Cr. Makes only sense if they provide a carpet area of at least 900 sft... Also what do you guys think would be a fair price per sft in this area of Tilak Nagar?

Hmmm..... Agreed! no point getting carried away with just the brand name. Personally, I think it could be a fair deal at 17000 psf on carpet area given the current reall estate scenario and the fact that it is at prelaunch phase.
    What do you guys think would be a fair price on carpet area?

(BTW, dont think you would get 2 BHK around diamond garden for 1.3 Cr)
    CommentQuote
  • Guys, nothing to discourage anyone. But what I have heard from some experts in Mumbai RE market is - this location is not at all good for staying ...lower class areas surrounding the location of project....so at least I am out of group deal - just because of location...
    CommentQuote
  • Hi samsubscribe,
    I will respond to us, please avoid pasting your mail id and also disclosing actual names as this may be seen as violation by mods :)
    thanks
    CommentQuote
    Hi samsubscribe,
    I will respond to us, please avoid pasting your mail id and also disclosing actual names as this may be seen as violation by mods :)
    thanks

I have been living in Tilak nagar for last 4 years and think that the area has come up big time recently. There are a lot of new projects ongoing currently. Shell colony is still underdeveloped when compared to this side but things can improve over next 4-5 years given the scale of this project (have also seen few other projects in that area). Well, this is all subjective and depends on what horizon you are looking at.

Thanks,
    P.S. - bomdel have sent you an IM on yahoo for the group. let me know if you have received it.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Hasmukh
    Hmmm..... Agreed! no point getting carried away with just the brand name. Personally, I think it could be a fair deal at 17000 psf on carpet area given the current reall estate scenario and the fact that it is at prelaunch phase.
    What do you guys think would be a fair price on carpet area?

(BTW, dont think you would get 2 BHK around diamond garden for 1.3 Cr)

17000 psf on carpet ?? I think that is way too much for that area at this stage, unless you mean all inclusive of car parking, stamp duty, registration etc......
    CommentQuote