Hello members,

Heard that Godrej properties are coming up with a new project in Chembur in Mumbai named Godrej Central

Any one has further information on this project, please share
Read more
Reply
246 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by samsubscribe
    Dear Friends,

    I got an email from some Sales partner for Godrej Serenity in Chembur which was way beyond my budget. On specifying my budget he came back with Godrej Central with the following price quotes. Though these quotes/info aren't directly from Godrej the quotes they mentioned aren't hard to believe either. This is what they mentioned in the email:

    GODREJ CENTRAL - Chembur, Amar Mahal Junction, Sahakar Nagar

    Towers :- II

    Ground + 16

    1BHK - 470 and 540 carpet - 95Lacs and 1.2Cr.

    2BHK - 650 and 720 carpet - 1.35Cr and 1.50Cr.

    2.5BHK - 830 and 840 carpet - 1.7Cr. and 1.8Cr.

    Possession - 3.6 years.

    Going by these my calculation tells me they are quoting atleast 20 p sf carpet which yields (20000 * 0.6, I'm assuming 40% loading here) 12000 INR p sft built up. My opinion is these are on the higher end at a time when some builders are cutting prices and given this a pre launch...


    sizes and rates appears to be correct, however I would expect some discounts may come on these rates as pre launch offer. can you also find out how many units of each type ?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by bomdel
    sizes and rates appears to be correct, however I would expect some discounts may come on these rates as pre launch offer. can you also find out how many units of each type ?

    I believe finding the number of units is a bit tricky and the guy who emailed me this info might throw out random numbers. Lets just wait on Godrej to make this official and we could discuss with them then.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by samsubscribe
    Dear Friends,

    I got an email from some Sales partner for Godrej Serenity in Chembur which was way beyond my budget. On specifying my budget he came back with Godrej Central with the following price quotes. Though these quotes/info aren't directly from Godrej the quotes they mentioned aren't hard to believe either. This is what they mentioned in the email:

    GODREJ CENTRAL - Chembur, Amar Mahal Junction, Sahakar Nagar

    Towers :- II

    Ground + 16

    1BHK - 470 and 540 carpet - 95Lacs and 1.2Cr.

    2BHK - 650 and 720 carpet - 1.35Cr and 1.50Cr.

    2.5BHK - 830 and 840 carpet - 1.7Cr. and 1.8Cr.

    Possession - 3.6 years.

    Going by these my calculation tells me they are quoting atleast 20 p sf carpet which yields (20000 * 0.6, I'm assuming 40% loading here) 12000 INR p sft built up. My opinion is these are on the higher end at a time when some builders are cutting prices and given this a pre launch...



    Are the prices quoted all inclusive ? 20000 psf sounds a bit too much for that area. Where is the scope for appreciation ?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Hasmukh
    Are the prices quoted all inclusive ? 20000 psf sounds a bit too much for that area. Where is the scope for appreciation ?


    Just to make sure, u understood it as 20000 psf for carpet area...Right?? it is 20000 psf carpet area...Still I agree it is expensive given what one of our friends here said.. omkar raga which is in possession stage is 11000 psf on built up area (11000/0.6 which yields 18300 psf carpet area)...

    Again I'm not scaring away or discouraging as I'm very interested in this project and would love to be a part of a buying group and help in getting the group together, but just want us to get our math in place so that we don't end up paying over current market rates...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by samsubscribe
    Just to make u understood it as 20000 psf for carpet area...Right?? it is 20000 psf carpet area...



    I know we are talking about carpet areas my friend and for the record Godrej always talks only in terms carpet area. But they also talk in terms of pricing which include other charges like car parking. I just wanted know what else do they cover in the price or is this just the base price? If it is base price then that it is steep for that area and for the current economic scenario..... that is all that I am saying.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Hasmukh
    I know we are talking about carpet areas my friend and for the record Godrej always talks only in terms carpet area. But they also talk in terms of pricing which include other charges like car parking. I just wanted know what else do they cover in the price or is this just the base price? If it is base price then that it is steep for that area and for the current economic scenario..... that is all that I am saying.


    I'm not sure what that price includes..I just copy pasted the contents of what I received via email....May be the best thing would be just wait for an official announcement by Godrej itself so that every aspect of the pricing becomes clear...
    CommentQuote
  • Guys does this project hold any decent appreciation value from say 3 years from now ?? I think with all the infrastructure changes expected in chembur it might give decent returns what say ?? I am pretty much interested in this project as the 1bhk is within my budget and I dont want to invest Panvel side ..
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by bomdel
    please PM me from this link: http://www.indianrealestateforum.com/members/bomdel-131825.html

    sorry didn't get your IM



    I been trying to message you too but not able to get through. I too want to be a part of the group
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by gaurang
    Guys does this project hold any decent appreciation value from say 3 years from now ?? I think with all the infrastructure changes expected in chembur it might give decent returns what say ?? I am pretty much interested in this project as the 1bhk is within my budget and I dont want to invest Panvel side ..


    If your holding period is 3 years and above, the project is a good buy today at around 11000 to 12000 rs/ sq.ft. consider the following sclr will be ready in 1 year. monorail station which is 1 km away will also be operational. eeh also 1 km away. kurla terminus ( a km away )which is also ready now with it's new swanky building will also gain more importance in the years to come. even the ghatkopar metro station is not going to be very far away. From an infrastructure point of view, the location seems absolutely ripe for gains in the coming 2-3 years.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks Abhay but buying at 11-12k seems impossible ...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by abhay71
    If your holding period is 3 years and above, the project is a good buy today at around 11000 to 12000 rs/ sq.ft. consider the following sclr will be ready in 1 year. monorail station which is 1 km away will also be operational. eeh also 1 km away. kurla terminus ( a km away )which is also ready now with it's new swanky building will also gain more importance in the years to come. even the ghatkopar metro station is not going to be very far away. From an infrastructure point of view, the location seems absolutely ripe for gains in the coming 2-3 years.


    I agree with Hasmukh, if the prices quoted here do not include all other charges (like SD+registration+service tax+amenities etc) that generally amount to 10% of the base property rate, it looks expensive. I think that the holding period should be around 4-5 years as access to this area is still not easy. With the host of infrastructure facilities coming up in the vicinity, I think the true appreciation will be driven by how well this area develops once all the projects are completed and people start to move in.

    Thanks
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by shawabhishek
    I agree with Hasmukh, if the prices quoted here do not include all other charges (like SD+registration+service tax+amenities etc) that generally amount to 10% of the base property rate, it looks expensive. I think that the holding period should be around 4-5 years as access to this area is still not easy. With the host of infrastructure facilities coming up in the vicinity, I think the true appreciation will be driven by how well this area develops once all the projects are completed and people start to move in.

    Thanks


    The problem is, in India for things to fall in place it takes much longer than anywhere in the world especially when it comes to infrastructure.

    Also, tilak nagar/ chembur (Harbour line) have a "IMAGE" problem which is going to take far more than 4-5 years to change. That image might change probably 4-5 years after all the infrastructure comes in place. So we are looking possibly at a decade at least for any significant improvements to the area as a whole.

    A lot will also depend on how Godrej tackle the issue of flooding in the area. I had been earlier looking at Kohinoor city in Kurla/ vidya vihar but pulled out mainly because nothing substantial has been done about the flooding issue. I am not sure whether this area is bad as Kohinoor city area when it comes to flooding.

    Obviously nothing can be done about the naalah itself. Hope the sale buildings are not on the naalah side.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Antfern
    The problem is, in India for things to fall in place it takes much longer than anywhere in the world especially when it comes to infrastructure.

    Also, tilak nagar/ chembur (Harbour line) have a "IMAGE" problem which is going to take far more than 4-5 years to change. That image might change probably 4-5 years after all the infrastructure comes in place. So we are looking possibly at a decade at least for any significant improvements to the area as a whole.

    A lot will also depend on how Godrej tackle the issue of flooding in the area. I had been earlier looking at Kohinoor city in Kurla/ vidya vihar but pulled out mainly because nothing substantial has been done about the flooding issue. I am not sure whether this area is bad as Kohinoor city area when it comes to flooding.

    Obviously nothing can be done about the naalah itself. Hope the sale buildings are not on the naalah side.


    Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought Chembur (at least in and around RK studios, Diamond garden) has a decent/good image as a nice neighborhood...
    I'm not too much familiar so would love to hear ur opinions on that...Also how does Chembur compare to Wadala EAST ((neighborhoods arnd IMAX where some new projects are coming up) in terms of image ??
    CommentQuote
  • I am interested in this project. Have been weighing between investing in Gurgaon or Mumbai. But since I live in Mumbai, tilting in favor of investing in Mumbai itself.

    Have they started pre-launch? Can anyone share any broker/builder contacts for this project?
    CommentQuote
  • Im too interested in this one ....
    CommentQuote