Hello members,

Heard that Godrej properties are coming up with a new project in Chembur in Mumbai named Godrej Central

Any one has further information on this project, please share
Read more
246 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Hi,
    I visited the site as well as met Godrej Sales rep yesterday:
    1) According to Godrej sales rep, these price (quoted earlier in the post) are likely to go up as project may be launched in May and they have got enough inquiries for this project.
    2) He also mentioned that there may not be a separate tower for existing Mhada flat owners but they would possibly be given some high floors across building - This kind of turns me OFF imagining kind of people who would be living with us :(
    3) On visiting the site, I did not find any nala which could be visibly painful ( it was mentioned in some earlier post. it faces railway line and much talked about Santacruz Easter Exp highly which is under construction.
    4) Approach roads seems painful unless there are better routes which I do not know.
    I went thru fine art society > below EE flyover > shell colony road and exited from SG Bharve marg, this was painful. Will try road before Omkar Raga which leads to Shahkar nagar rd 3 and see if it makes life better :)

Interestingly, Godrej is gonna be also launching another project in Vikroli by the name Tree or something sometime late in this year. They have big plans to develop existing Vikoli real estate.

People looking at group buying can PM me.
    CommentQuote
  • Tilak Nagar has image prob due to the erswhile chotta rajan issue.
    CommentQuote
  • Not necessary that mhada flat owners will not be educated and sophisticated. This is not a SRA project but just a redevelopment project. And whole tilak nagar is full of redeveloped buildings.

A friend of mine is an architect and wife IT professional working with branded reputed corporate companies and his father is one of the existing building's flat owner. So maybe actual tenants will not be khandani rayeez like worli city people but will be simple educated class.
    Cannot obviously vouch for all but as it is not a SRA project one shd nt worry so much.
    Maybe ! Just my thought.
    As after all u can afford to buy 1cr flat so hv right to worry about ur neighbours.
    We all are just existing residents of tilak nagar and reaping the benefits bcz 50 - 30 - 20 or 10 yrs back our father came and bought a flat here .

I am curious why so much interest in buying 1bhk for 1cr !
    Now existing rate is 70 - 75lacs and if anyone takes the effort to come to tilak nagar will find many better deals resale or new ready possession.

1cr !!!!!!!!!!
    Bcz it is Godrej ???????

Originally Posted by bomdel
    Hi,
    1) According to Godrej sales rep, these price (quoted earlier in the post) are likely to go up as project may be launched in May and they have got enough inquiries for this project.
    2) He also mentioned that there may not be a separate tower for existing Mhada flat owners but they would possibly be given some high floors across building - This kind of turns me OFF imagining kind of people who would be living with us :(
    3) On visiting the site, I did not find any nala which could be visibly painful ( it was mentioned in some earlier post. it faces railway line and much talked about Santacruz Easter Exp highly which is under construction.
    4) Approach roads seems painful unless there are better routes which I do not know.
    I went thru fine art society > below EE flyover > shell colony road and exited from SG Bharve marg, this was painful. Will try road before Omkar Raga which leads to Shahkar nagar rd 3 and see if it makes life better :)

Interestingly, Godrej is gonna be also launching another project in Vikroli by the name Tree or something sometime late in this year. They have big plans to develop existing Vikoli real estate.

CommentQuote
  • Had no idea chembur tilak nagar had image issues !

Personally if me and my hubby ever can afford a sea facing penthouse in city, still we will never leave tilak nagar.

And infrastructure ..............
    Mono rail almost built
    Chembur - Santa cruz link road whenever starts will reduce commuting time a lot
    Lokmanya tilak terminus ( the new structure not yet functional although ready ) so much improved looks like an airport ( to believe me, u hv to come and see ). And from here can go to hyderabad, bangalore, kerela and many other places. No need to book trains from VT .

Flooding does happen but not at all places of tilak nagar.
    No idea about shell colony as i live at west tilak nagar ( near sahakar ).

When godrej launches the project one can checkout their site layout and then judge for themselves.
    If podium provided and ground raised and better roads provided connecting the eastern express highway and tilak nagar station then hopefully flooding can be tackeled ( if shell colony gets flooded during rains )
    ALL DEPENDS ON WHAT GODREJ OFFERING U

Originally Posted by Antfern
    The problem is, in India for things to fall in place it takes much longer than anywhere in the world especially when it comes to infrastructure.

Also, tilak nagar/ chembur (Harbour line) have a "IMAGE" problem which is going to take far more than 4-5 years to change. That image might change probably 4-5 years after all the infrastructure comes in place. So we are looking possibly at a decade at least for any significant improvements to the area as a whole.

A lot will also depend on how Godrej tackle the issue of flooding in the area. I had been earlier looking at Kohinoor city in Kurla/ vidya vihar but pulled out mainly because nothing substantial has been done about the flooding issue. I am not sure whether this area is bad as Kohinoor city area when it comes to flooding.

Obviously nothing can be done about the naalah itself. Hope the sale buildings are not on the naalah side.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by bomdel
    Hi,

That's the trick these builders play. Spread a rumour of affordable project and get the people all excited and talking about it for 3-4 months. Make them wait and generate interest....... And then increase prices by 10-15% ..... By now they have gauged the interest in the property. All the phone calls/ emails /forums are taken as indicators of demand. Any business man would increase prices if he knows that people are waiting and will buy anything if sold with the right packaging and brand name.

Think about it....... That is exactly how Appel actually sells all of its products.... All the leaked pictures.... All the rumours months before their product is launched..... And then in a few months they are guaranteed enough hype to make people wait in a que for 3-4 days. Yes their products are good but do they justify the price?

It is all mind games.

For me the prices quoted above are not at all justifiable even for Godrej. But may be you can get a good deal as a group.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by bomdel
    Hi,

200 Shell Colony residents sign up for swanky deal - Mumbai - DNA

As per this article, the original tenants will be maintenance free. If they would be in the same complex and share the same amenities then I can see a lot of clashes in the future. It appears they all get a big corpus to cover their maintenance but I think even then there will a lot of friction. What do you guys think.

Personally speaking I don't mind people of any caste, religion living next to me as long as they are decent and let others live in peace. May be because I grew up in MHADA building myself.:)
    CommentQuote
  • My god if these guys plan to change these rates and make them higher at pre launch then 1bhk will be like 1.10-1.20 cr and is that worth it ?? In that one can get a 2bhk in Thane ...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by gaurang
    My god if these guys plan to change these rates and make them higher at pre launch then 1bhk will be like 1.10-1.20 cr and is that worth it ?? In that one can get a 2bhk in Thane ...

I agree with 10% higher prices, it certainly looks very expensive for the area. As bomdel said there is no nallah near the site and the access is not easy. Even the lane just before raga isn't that great though is the shortest way to highway from the site.
    I was reading about their gurgaon project sometime ago..looks like godrej is in a habit of creating curiosity amongst the investors and increase prices. They delayed the prelaunch/launch for that project by 4-5 months and raised prices.
    I visited the site today and think there are still some people staying in sahakar 2 while sahakar 1 is completely vacated. So, looks like 15 towers will be launched in multiple phases.
    CommentQuote
  • Makes me scratch my head...Some builders like LODHA, RNA are cutting rates for some projects and here Godrej is planning to raise rates on something which they have overpriced in the first place.. Isn't in true abt Mumbai right now that lot of projects don't have buyers or am I having a delusion???
    CommentQuote
  • I am interested in this project if the carpet rate is approx 20000. That would come to around 12000 - 13000 psft built up rate. The good thing about the project

1. Closer to chembur and better connectivity to south mumbai (sion/dadar etc)
    2. Closer to eastern express highway
    3. Godrej construction is top notch.
    4. As per the news article, godrej has agreed to deliver the flat to the mahada residents within three years. So timely delivery. Also godrej is paying rent to the residents, so they will try to complete the project on time.

Negatives,

1. slums --- I think this isssue is almost everywhere. With redevelopment happening all over mumbai, 10 -12 years, it would not be an issue.
    2. flooding - Not sure whats the reason for the flooding. I hope Godrej will consider some solution to it.
    CommentQuote
  • Flooding and Naalah at Sahakar Nagar

Found this video on youtube ...... make sure you are not having your meal when you watch this. If you read the description of these videos it mentions flooding happening in summer! This thing really worries me.

Uncleaned garbages at Tilak Nagar Station Nulla, Sahakar Nagar 5, Chembur, M-Ward - YouTube

Mitraksha Building, Sahakar Nagar 5, Opp. Tilak Nagar Railway Station, M-Ward Apathy. - YouTube

Flooding of Gutter/Nulla in Residential premises of New Everest Chs, Near Shell Colony Chembur. - YouTube

Guys living around that area can you please shed some light? Is it really bad with flooding??
    CommentQuote
  • Yikes!

Frankly, I would never want to live in Chembur / Mankhurd / Govandi...
    CommentQuote
  • I have been advised by relatives that investing in Chembur is any day better than investing in Mulund/Powai or vikhroli. I have been looking for some good developer to start a prealunch at a reasonable rate in that area. But most of the development is either completed (Khukreja) or not from good reputed developers. Seeing the current state of RE, I want to stay away from developers who could default/delay the construction.

Please let me know if you know of any good construction around chembur, Sion area? I would be definitely interested.

Regarding the nalah, It would not bother me if its not outside the godrej towers. There are nalah's and gutters all over mumbai. Bandra has a biggest nalah, but that does stop the rich and the famous to choose that area.

Flooding would be an issue, however the issue with flooding is even in hirandani. Just need to know how Godrej is going to address the issue..

Another reason I liked this project is because Godrej is building it and you can assured of the delivery.
    CommentQuote
  • ok, here is the reason for the flooding. BMC raised the heights of the roads so BEST does not have problems during monsoon. The issue seems to be with the existing houses. All it needs is to build the towers higher, so that water does not get into the buildings. For most of the new construction, the first 3-5 floors are car parking and stuff. So, a little planning can easily take care of the flooding issue.

Fear prevails, CITY - Briefs - Mumbai Mirror
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by wildfire
    I have been advised by relatives that investing in Chembur is any day better than investing in Mulund/Powai or vikhroli. I have been looking for some good developer to start a prealunch at a reasonable rate in that area. But most of the development is either completed (Khukreja) or not from good reputed developers. Seeing the current state of RE, I want to stay away from developers who could default/delay the construction.

Please let me know if you know of any good construction around chembur, Sion area? I would be definitely interested.

Regarding the nalah, It would not bother me if its not outside the godrej towers. There are nalah's and gutters all over mumbai. Bandra has a biggest nalah, but that does stop the rich and the famous to choose that area.

Flooding would be an issue, however the issue with flooding is even in hirandani. Just need to know how Godrej is going to address the issue..

Another reason I liked this project is because Godrej is building it and you can assured of the delivery.

I have heard of a developer called Tridaathu...They have multiple projects in Chembur around RK studios...I cant comment on their reputation but they seem to be good on paper...Check them out.. In case you have/get any better idea of their reputation please let me know...Would love to hear your thoughts as I'm also looking in this neighborhood for a pre launch or just started construction to invest in...FYI this developer is quoting arnd 13000 p sft for their projects...
    CommentQuote