headlines flashed over mumbai leading news paper. in real its more drop what news paper shows. can say almost 20 to 30 percentage drop seen in western suburbs particularly. real buyers should wait for little bit more to crack a good deal. behind the walls rates are comparatively very low to what brokers rate.

please wait to save your hard earned money....
Read more
45 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Which newspaper? Are you talking about mumbai mirror news?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by imran771
    headlines flashed over mumbai leading news paper. in real its more drop what news paper shows. can say almost 20 to 30 percentage drop seen in western suburbs particularly. real buyers should wait for little bit more to crack a good deal. behind the walls rates are comparatively very low to what brokers rate.

please wait to save your hard earned money....

-----------

In my opinion , even 50% drop makes no significant difference when a decent apartment of 3 BHK costs 2 crores in the suburbs. Do you agree ?

The prices were inflated so much , that one has to pinch one self.

In KALYAN for example, which is GOOD ONE HOUR from Dadar by a fast local , 2 BHK costs 40 lacs. :).
    CommentQuote
  • CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rohu01
    Which newspaper? Are you talking about mumbai mirror news?

Builders blink, first price cuts are here, News - Cover Story - Mumbai Mirror
    CommentQuote
  • Now stocks crash ... HDIL stock crashed 50% in 4 days ... decent size redevelopment player in Mumbai mkts, however worries of liquidity issue with the firm ... Mumbai realty mkt is crashing and how !!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Grande
    Now stocks crash ... HDIL stock crashed 50% in 4 days ... decent size redevelopment player in Mumbai mkts, however worries of liquidity issue with the firm ... Mumbai realty mkt is crashing and how !!

Ab jaake aaya mere bechain dil ko karaar...... :D

When are the others following?

Investors! better abandon these sinking real estate ships by selling your shares and flats at whatever price you get. :bab (59):
    Guys, hold on for just a few months......... Our dreams are almost here!!
    CommentQuote
  • I am hopeful, 1Cr should be the price of a good 2BR in Bandra :)

Probably was until 2-3 years ago.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by new2RE
    I am hopeful, 1Cr should be the price of a good 2BR in Bandra :)

Probably was until 2-3 years ago.

So you are suggesting that prices will fall by around 75%? :bab (59):
    CommentQuote
  • Sorry to break the happy mood but, there is no real fall in prices, HDIL shares recovered around 10 % as Morgan Stanley backed the company and come saturday (property supplements) all property developers are at at again, Lodha quoting the same old prices with the routine increase, even SRA project rates are 20% higher than they were one year ago, yes, as far as I know prices are higher by 15-20% from last year at least in Western suburbs, 1 BHKs in decent localities are starting from 75 lacs +, 85 lacs + in fancy societies

Nothing would make me happier than an RE crash, but its not here yet
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rkv_hunter
    Sorry to break the happy mood but, there is no real fall in prices, HDIL shares recovered around 10 % as Morgan Stanley backed the company and come saturday (property supplements) all property developers are at at again, Lodha quoting the same old prices with the routine increase, even SRA project rates are 20% higher than they were one year ago, yes, as far as I know prices are higher by 15-20% from last year at least in Western suburbs, 1 BHKs in decent localities are starting from 75 lacs +, 85 lacs + in fancy societies

Nothing would make me happier than an RE crash, but its not here yet

There is no crash coming. 5-7% correction has already happened and you can get good deals by negotiating hard. In my view this is a good time to buy if you are an end user...
    CommentQuote
  • Crash will be in areas where there are leveraged Guys -: People who have to pay huge loans.
    This would most probably happen in overhyped new areas.

Otherwise it would be a long long stagnation in established areas.

Stagnation of late 90s had lasted for 5-6 years.
    So better to accumulate the corpus by investing in FD,Gold etc. and buy the same thing at similar rates 5 years down the line.
    CommentQuote
  • Mumbai prices are stagnated for more than a year now, with a 10-15% fall in most places. The fall is now gathering momentum and can be as much as 40% if the buyers continue to be at the sidelines - as they are at present. More than 3.5 lakh houses under construction in MMR are mostly in the hands of investors who are delaying the payment of installment in hope of selling to some end-user. End-users are not interested still and are waiting for a sizeable fall
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by gautam620
    So you are suggesting that prices will fall by around 75%? :bab (59):

Not 75%, he is suggesting a whopping 275% drop in Bandra West.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by CAPT RAJESH
    Not 75%, he is suggesting a whopping 275% drop in Bandra West.

I assumed he meant Bandra East
    CommentQuote
  • Lodha blue moon is quoting the same rate that was quoted for world one towers 4 years ago. That is the state of RE today. RNA reduced their prices by 30%. Lodha is offering 5 lacs discount on all central properties (times paper today). There are other builders who have reduced prices. Even with 30% discount, a 3BHK at RNA is costing 2.2cr. Which a 20% increase in prices, the prices would be 2.6cr next year, 3.0 cr in 2 years. If there are no folks available to buy at 2.2cr, not sure where would you find people who would be able to buy it at 3.0 cr in 2 years..

In short if prices offered today are same as what they were being offered 4 years back (atleast in some projects), that to me a crash. That in itself shows a price reduction of 40-50% if you consider appreciation over 4 years....
    CommentQuote