I am living in a rented room in thane, mumbai completed 1 year and now for next year also i wanna continue to live here.

So I wanted to know that is it necessary to make aggrement with broker, actually i and room owner wanna make agreement ourself, so please help me
about this, I don't know the laws about mumbai real estate for rented flats.

Please send your reply soon, I really need it quick.

Thanks a lot members.

Yours
Read more
5 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • As per rent act it's owner's responsiblity to carry out rent-agreement.
    A valid agreement need to be notarized (stamp of notary) as well to be accepted as proof of residence.

Brokers should not come into picture as agreement is between you & house-owner. Broker may sign as witness.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by newfunda
    I am living in a rented room in thane, mumbai completed 1 year and now for next year also i wanna continue to live here.

So I wanted to know that is it necessary to make aggrement with broker, actually i and room owner wanna make agreement ourself, so please help me
    about this, I don't know the laws about mumbai real estate for rented flats.

Please send your reply soon, I really need it quick.

Thanks a lot members.

Yours

In India Brokers are doing illegal business. No need to give brokarage to broker. It is between you and your house owner.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by hitmady
    As per rent act it's owner's responsiblity to carry out rent-agreement.
    A valid agreement need to be notarized (stamp of notary) as well to be accepted as proof of residence.

Brokers should not come into picture as agreement is between you & house-owner. Broker may sign as witness.

Thanks hitmady really thanks, will do the same with confident.

Thanks again.
    CommentQuote
  • thanks

Originally Posted by hitmady
    As per rent act it's owner's responsiblity to carry out rent-agreement.

Thanks dear
    CommentQuote
  • House rent problem by owner

Dear Members,

I m residing in tamilnadu & my house owner created problems regarding house rent like :

1. My first rent was fixed at 4000 + light etc.
    2. Suddenly after 1.5/2 yrs. he increased 1000 rs. in rent & advance from 12000 to 20000.
    3. After2-3 month as above period only, he want now 7000 rs rent or vacat the house.
    4. He dont want to give any rent recipt or agreement from starting.
    pl. advice & help me.

Thanks
    GIRISH DUBEY
    CommentQuote