Dear friend,

What are the disadvantages of having flat on first floor on a building having a podium....

Kindly reply soon as I'm finalising a flat..

Also some disadvantages of top floor....

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk 2
Read more
7 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • top floor disadvantage - leakage, more warmer, Costliest floor if builder charges floor rise.

1st floor - view might not be great but better for elders or if you plan to stay there till old age. And it will be less costly.
    CommentQuote
  • Re: Suggestions needed

Originally Posted by rohu01
    top floor disadvantage - leakage, more warmer, Costliest floor if builder charges floor rise.

1st floor - view might not be great but better for elders or if you plan to stay there till old age. And it will be less costly.

Thanks for your time. . Apart from that any other disadvantages of first floor

CommentQuote
  • 1st floor is not a good idea as the constant noise and movement of ppl can be irrating.

top most floor is risky and not a good idea...

actually some where in between is a good idea
    CommentQuote
  • Both top and first floor have the disadvantage of resale at a lower price
    CommentQuote
  • Top Most Floor - Negatives

1. The higher you go up, the higher waiting time at the elevator during peak hours, which can be really irritating if you are in a hurry.

2. During fire not many fire tenders are capable of reaching greater than 22 - 25 floors.

However builders of high rises are required to build refuge floors where people can gather in case of a calamity like fire etc and can be rescued. Such floors are mandatory as per the safety regulations, hence you need to check these and ensure that there is adequate provisioning done by the builder for the same.

3. During Earthquake you cannot evacuate from the structure to a safe distance whilst those staying lower can do so.

4. If buying at the topmost floor, you will experience more heat during afternoons and hence higher cooling required.

Hence advise you to buy the penultimate floor rather than the top most.

5. Also as pointed above, water leakage might become a problem as the structure starts aging.

6. Can get very breezy. Might require special window panes in case of > 30 stories.

7. Floor rise can also translate into higher maintenance in certain projects.

Positives
    A. View - A commanding view of the city in case the highrise is > than 25 floors.
    B. Air - Very nice ventilation
    CommentQuote
  • Re: Suggestions needed

Thanks friends

CommentQuote
  • Adding to what simsagar said, 1st floor/lower floors have inherent security risks. crimes are committed at lower floors basically due to the fact that escape routes are easy and since too much movements on lower floors, hardly anybody cares who comes or who goes because most are unfamiliar faces in a tower. 2nd negative is any sewer/drain cloggings reach 1st floor before any higher- most pipe leakages linger around there. However there is a huge positive, at least in Mumbai sense, water pressure will be the highest in lowest floors. Your tanks fill up before everyone else's. Secondly, if you are in an area where power outage is frequent, you can reach your flat without waiting for the lift.
    CommentQuote