After 4 years of karma in Mumbai I am shifting to Pune in few months. I may have to come back to Mumbai in future. I live in Kandivali right now.
I am planning to put my hard earned money :( into real estate. It being an investment or living option depends on where I am in future.

Initially I was thinking of buying in Pune, but after visiting properties/agents in Pune and listening about water, electicity and internet issues from friends I am becoming disinterested.

So I started searching around mumbai. Found many properties in navi mumbai and mira road in my budget.
If I come back to mumbai, mira road may be closer to my future work place, I work in s/w startup and will do same in future.

So dear real-estate gurus of this forum please help me decide between pune, navi-mumbai or mira road.
Read more
28 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by ramthi
    After 4 years of karma in Mumbai I am shifting to Pune in few months. I may have to come back to Mumbai in future. I live in Kandivali right now.
    I am planning to put my hard earned money :( into real estate. It being an investment or living option depends on where I am in future.

Initially I was thinking of buying in Pune, but after visiting properties/agents in Pune and listening about water, electicity and internet issues from friends I am becoming disinterested.

So I started searching around mumbai. Found many properties in navi mumbai and mira road in my budget.
    If I come back to mumbai, mira road may be closer to my future work place, I work in s/w startup and will do same in future.

So dear real-estate gurus of this forum please help me decide between pune, navi-mumbai or mira road.

1. Navi Mumbai
    2. Pune
    3. Mira Road
    CommentQuote
  • Mira Road. As u said, its goin to be close to ur work place in future. U will save enough time and money in travelling. Good luck!
    CommentQuote
  • From a pure investment perspective:

Pune
    Mira Road
    Navi Mumbai
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks guys for the help. I think I need bit more help/info.

Is Pune veru good for investment, even better than navi mumbai/mira road ? Please give me some help here.

Pune was my first choice but what is putting me off right now from there is water situation. Between baner wakad area agents/builder are quoting 70-80 lakhs for new 2-3 bhk flat.
    But all friends who rent/own in that area tell me they been getting tanker supply for past 4-5 years and situation is not getting any better.

I mostly visit pune on weekends 3-4 times a year and stay at one of my friends places and all of them live in the areas between Baner and Wakad.

Decent water supply is make/break for me right now, heard many bad stories from friends who invested in gurgaon that tanker supplies was cut off last year because of drought there.

Since I live in kandivali, I keep hearing about mira properties daily, but have never went inside mira road myself

If I leave out pune, is mira or navi better from investment purpose ?
    CommentQuote
  • Wow...Water shortages already?? How is the water situation in Mumbai (Island city & western, eastern suburbs) right now? Any idea on what Mumbai is doing to deal with this issue goin forward given t expected rapid raise in demand of water??
    CommentQuote
    Thanks guys for the help. I think I need bit more help/info.

Is Pune veru good for investment, even better than navi mumbai/mira road ? Please give me some help here.

Pune was my first choice but what is putting me off right now from there is water situation. Between baner wakad area agents/builder are quoting 70-80 lakhs for new 2-3 bhk flat.
    But all friends who rent/own in that area tell me they been getting tanker supply for past 4-5 years and situation is not getting any better.

I mostly visit pune on weekends 3-4 times a year and stay at one of my friends places and all of them live in the areas between Baner and Wakad.

Decent water supply is make/break for me right now, heard many bad stories from friends who invested in gurgaon that tanker supplies was cut off last year because of drought there.

Since I live in kandivali, I keep hearing about mira properties daily, but have never went inside mira road myself
    -----------------Why dont you visit or go inside Mira road???
    If I leave out pune, is mira or navi better from investment purpose ?

-----------------
    CommentQuote
  • since u are inclined towards pune and only water probs is an issue, u mite want to check projects with rain water harvesting, bore wells, domestic water treatment plants, etc. Dont know how effective it will be, but something better than none!
    CommentQuote

i think , we are same boat except . i from different field , I think Pune will be better for long run, PMC area water shortage , PCMC as i have seen no water problem , PCMC not pradhikaran ..try for PCMC near by tathwade IT park or near ICC on spine road PCMC construction only water is no problem .. you will get 2 bhk in 50- 55 lakhs including all or less .
    CommentQuote
  • From a investment and stay perspective -

1. New Bombay
    2. Pune - infrastructure issues will plague
    3. Mira - best avoidable - not an option according to me. Too unstructured constructions, transport is an issue - local as well as trains. Will not get the feel of living in a decent city - move few stations ahead - Borivili onwards you will see the difference.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Gangaram
    -----------------

Yeah I should soon. When depends on finding/taking someone who is familiar with Mira area.
    The main reason didn't tried mira uptill now was my rosy dreams about pune :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by samsubscribe
    Wow...Water shortages already?? How is the water situation in Mumbai (Island city & western, eastern suburbs) right now? Any idea on what Mumbai is doing to deal with this issue goin forward given t expected rapid raise in demand of water??

I dont know what netas planning for future but in Kandivali area we get 1-2 hours of municipal supply which fills society tanks for next 24 hours.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rsrsin
    From a investment and stay perspective -

1. New Bombay
    3. Mira - best avoidable - not an option according to me. Too unstructured constructions, transport is an issue - local as well as trains. Will not get the feel of living in a decent city - move few stations ahead - Borivili onwards you will see the difference.

I dont agree with you on this.

I have flats in Mira Road and in Pune as well and currently i am staying in Thakur Village.

Both Pune and Mira Road have given me good returns but in case of Mira Road my investment has doubled over a period of 3 years.
    Both Pune and Mira Road have their pros and cons. I would stay away from Navi Mumbai specially Panvel as it is more of a hype.

In case of Mira Road lot of brand names like Kalpataru, Kanakia, Hubtown, DB Realty, Lodha, RNA have presence there. Even power and water situation is getting better day by day. Infra is also improving and will get better as the time goes by. As far as trains are concerned lot of new trains have started between Virar and Borivali so you can easily reach borivali from where you have options for other modes of transport(at best trains should be avoided). There are couple of AC busses plying from Mira Road to BKC and Santacruz.
    The other factor that you need to note is proximity to business districts like Goregaon, Malad, BKC and of course Andheri as most of the companies are moving these locations. This is something which you will miss in navi mumbai.

When i invested in Mira Road in 2010 rates were close to 3300 psft even Hiranandani Palace Garden Panvel was quoting the same price and now rates are in the range of 6000-8000 in Mira Road and 4500 in HPG Panvel.

I still see lot of demand in Mira Road as rates in nearby areas like Borivali are out of reach for many and people are moving towards Mira road and areas beyond Mira Road, you will see things getting better in the near future for these locations. This demand is genuine and not driven by any hype like in case of navi mumbai where rates have been inflated because of airport.

Same is the case with Pune where demand is genuine and there are lot of end buyers in the market.
    Water issue is not as bad as your friends are suggesting and it depends upon location and builder. If u choose big builder he will take care of water issue.

So for me it is Pune first and then Mira Road.
    CommentQuote
  • +1 to realbuyer. Mira Road is really coming up fast. Even i have invested there.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rsrsin
    From a investment and stay perspective -

1. New Bombay

Borivali onwards u will also see the price difference ;) its almost double in borivali of what is in mira!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by realebuyer
    I dont agree with you on this.

I have flats in Mira Road and in Pune as well and currently i am staying in Thakur Village.

Both Pune and Mira Road have given me good returns but in case of Mira Road my investment has doubled over a period of 3 years.
    Both Pune and Mira Road have their pros and cons. I would stay away from Navi Mumbai specially Panvel as it is more of a hype.

In case of Mira Road lot of brand names like Kalpataru, Kanakia, Hubtown, DB Realty, Lodha, RNA have presence there. Even power and water situation is getting better day by day. Infra is also improving and will get better as the time goes by. As far as trains are concerned lot of new trains have started between Virar and Borivali so you can easily reach borivali from where you have options for other modes of transport(at best trains should be avoided). There are couple of AC busses plying from Mira Road to BKC and Santacruz.
    The other factor that you need to note is proximity to business districts like Goregaon, Malad, BKC and of course Andheri as most of the companies are moving these locations. This is something which you will miss in navi mumbai.

When i invested in Mira Road in 2010 rates were close to 3300 psft even Hiranandani Palace Garden Panvel was quoting the same price and now rates are in the range of 6000-8000 in Mira Road and 4500 in HPG Panvel.

I still see lot of demand in Mira Road as rates in nearby areas like Borivali are out of reach for many and people are moving towards Mira road and areas beyond Mira Road, you will see things getting better in the near future for these locations. This demand is genuine and not driven by any hype like in case of navi mumbai where rates have been inflated because of airport.

Same is the case with Pune where demand is genuine and there are lot of end buyers in the market.
    Water issue is not as bad as your friends are suggesting and it depends upon location and builder. If u choose big builder he will take care of water issue.

So for me it is Pune first and then Mira Road.

I am priced out of kandivali and borivali :(

Thanks realbuyer, looks like its down to pune vs mira-road for me.
    For pune, I have done some searching myself and have 5-6 friends who bought property in pune in last 2-3 years and some others to help me out. But no one yet for mira road.

On map mira road area look like boriwali and kandivali combined.
    Are there a good and bad areas in mira road for the working class travelling to andheri-malad types ? If it helps my budget is 60 lakhs (+/-10%) .
    CommentQuote