I wish to buy 1 BHK flat in kandivali East near/inside Thakur Complex, I can wait for six months.
Can someone please tell when is the new low in property prices expected? what price levels will suitable for 5 year old constructions?

Many Thanks,
Read more
16 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • I dont think there is going to be any low in Mumbai than what it was a few months ago. The trend is upwards at the moment. OR it appears to be upwards.

I have been scouting and trying to find a place for myself within a 'reasonable' budget. But I have been disappointed.

Thakur complex flats 1bhk are selling at around 40 lakh. If this is any low I am not sure. I did see a flat for 38lakh least prices of all the lot i saw. Not a low price for me.

Good luck with your search.
    Cheers!
    CommentQuote
  • Bringing low is in your and my hand. Hold off your home purchase for one year and you will get it at cheaper rate. you just have to pay for more taxes and house rent for an year but thats much worth of saving if rates come down by 20 to 30%.

SO dont buy any home, dont even enquire to any builder and encourage same thing to all you know and create this network, awareness, let us form buyers assoication and unity forum...

Use power of internet to create awareness for goods.
    CommentQuote
  • Any ide a about lokhandwala kandivali east
    CommentQuote
  • Yes , even i agree to tukaram's view. It's only we , who encourage builders to increase property rates. We should bargain for a reasonable price..and even should be united.. spread this awareness to ur friends and known one ...and be united ..
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Ashish12
    Any idea about lokhandwala kandivali east

It is a good area to live in, Though road from station to underpass WE is bit congested and little area/road leading to entrance of Lokhandwala Township bit cramped...Lokhandwala Township is very good area, it will eventually be busy busy like any other place...but certainly Eastern side is better than Western.
    Visit and make your ownobservations!
    CommentQuote
  • I would personally prefer Thakur Village over Thakur Complex and Lokhandwala
    CommentQuote
  • thakur village / complex are overrated, there are lot of better areas with equal amenities and better pricing.

resale lot in these areas have gone nuts, personal experience!

Area is pretty much saturated, has very little prospects of growth in the time ahead.
    CommentQuote
  • I am being quoted Rs 22 lakhs (negotiable) for a 1RK in Thakur Complex. There are absolutely no frills attached in this society (no clubhouse, gym etc), which is good. The agent says it will fetch me a rent of approx 7k per month.

Is it worth it?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by mumbai2010
    I am being quoted Rs 22 lakhs (negotiable) for a 1RK in Thakur Complex. There are absolutely no frills attached in this society (no clubhouse, gym etc), which is good. The agent says it will fetch me a rent of approx 7k per month.

Is it worth it?

And sir .. Why would you want to be a rent collector?? The opportunity cost of 22 Lakhs is approximately 20000 a month
    CommentQuote
  • depends on the location within thakur complex, sub-sub-n markets ! :D
    CommentQuote
  • As I understand it will not get you more than 5-6k in rent. Plus 1RK are more difficult to sell. Rather get something in the MHADA buildings and hope for it to be redeveloped.
    CommentQuote
  • Builders and Agents at Game!

I complete agree to ="http://www.indianrealestateforum.com/members/tukaramdhage-47001.html"]tukaramdhage. I have been trying to search for a "descent" place since 6 months. It has been a very disappointing period. Every time, you contact the builder, the builder has raised its prices. And whenever I have decided on a particular place; it atleast takes a common man about 10 days to figure out from where all he can pull the money from. And after 10 days when you visit the builder for booking, he has again increased the rates and refuses to accept what rate he quoted 10 days back.
    This really needs to stop.
    Moreover, if anyone has been checking magicbricks or 99acres for resale properties, the list has been increasing at an enormous rate. The agents have been booking most of the good flats and playing with this market and subsequently increasing the prices.
    One way to stop all this is not go to the agent for resale flats. They try to not only play in the market but all also fool the consumers without having proper documentation.. I have been trying to search for a "descent" place since 6 months. It has been a very disappointing period. Every time, you contact the builder, the builder has raised its prices. And whenever I have decided on a particular place; it atleast takes a common man about 10 days to figure out from where all he can pull the money from. And after 10 days when you visit the builder for booking, he has again increased the rates and refuses to accept what rate he quoted 10 days back.
    This really needs to stop.
    Moreover, if anyone has been checking magicbricks or 99acres for resale properties, the list has been increasing at an enormous rate. The agents have been booking most of the good flats and playing with this market and subsequently increasing the prices.
    One way to stop all this is not go to the agent for resale flats. They try to not only play in the market but all also fool the consumers without having proper documentation.
    CommentQuote
  • Lokhandwala Spapphire heights Kandivali

Guys I keep saying this - if you dont want to miss the boat, Lokhandwala Township Kandivali hands down is your best bet. I dont know what stops these guys from pricing their product as bizarly as everybody else - may be the divine hand of God showing mercy on budget constrained mortals such as us - but these guys have their fundas so right in terms of how they design and price their product. There's no hyped up numbers here - all gnuine buyers and stuff here goes like hot cakes within no time after launch. Check out their sapphire heights project particularly if 2 bhk is two less for you and three bhk is outside your budget. This project houses really nice 2.5 bhk apartments. Dont miss the boat in 2010! I believe they have only 75 apartments approx left in all in this projet
    CommentQuote
  • how much????

bud,

how much is the 2.5 going for?

Originally Posted by randhare
    Guys I keep saying this - if you dont want to miss the boat, Lokhandwala Township Kandivali hands down is your best bet. I dont know what stops these guys from pricing their product as bizarly as everybody else - may be the divine hand of God showing mercy on budget constrained mortals such as us - but these guys have their fundas so right in terms of how they design and price their product. There's no hyped up numbers here - all gnuine buyers and stuff here goes like hot cakes within no time after launch. Check out their sapphire heights project particularly if 2 bhk is two less for you and three bhk is outside your budget. This project houses really nice 2.5 bhk apartments. Dont miss the boat in 2010! I believe they have only 75 apartments approx left in all in this projet
    CommentQuote
  • Their 2.5 BHK is anywhere between 80 lakhs to 90 lakhs depending on which floor your going for. The apartment I was considering was coming to 88 lakhs in all. But I decided to go for the 3 Bhk in their octacrest so havent checked on the sapphire heights apartment after that.
    CommentQuote