I have booked a flat in this property.
Anybody who has taken a flat in the same project? Might be good to connect.
Read more
2945 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Phase 2 Development

Originally Posted by denair
    Phase II has not yet started.Checked it out on Sunday at their site office. It would start sometime after Jan 2012. Even we have been asked to pay money, but the initial payment structure they gave us mentioned that it needs to be paid only after commencement of work.

I have just paid my 1st 10% installment on 13th August 2011, so far i have not received any intimation for the whole 20%, Could you please share what actual communication has been sent (Through Official Mail or Email) to have more clearity.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by lloyedm
    I have just paid my 1st 10% installment on 13th August 2011, so far i have not received any intimation for the whole 20%, Could you please share what actual communication has been sent (Through Official Mail or Email) to have more clearity.

We had paid 10% a month ago and then we received this new intimation by SMS to pay 10% more by Aug 26th. We called their customer service desk, they told us that they cant comment on this and would call us after checking it up. Still waiting for their call.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by denair
    We had paid 10% a month ago and then we received this new intimation by SMS to pay 10% more by Aug 26th. We called their customer service desk, they told us that they cant comment on this and would call us after checking it up. Still waiting for their call.

have you paid service tax with that 10%?
    CommentQuote
  • End of Builders' Monopoly ??

DLF fined Rs 630 crore for unfair practices, realty reels under incessant shocks

MUMBAI | NEW DELHI: The Competition Commission of India, or CCI, has slapped a 630-crore fine on DLF, threatening to turn an isolated dispute between flat buyers and India's largest builder into a full-blown headache for the industry grappling with soaring interest costs and dwindling buyers.
    In a 237-page order, unprecedented in its scope and scale of punishment, the anti-monopoly watchdog accuses the Gurgaon-based firm of unfair practices, abuse of market dominance and "brutal disregard of consumer right".

DLF, the CCI adds, rode roughshod over buyers' interests and signed sale agreements that were hopelessly one-sided.

The commission found DLF guilty of beginning work on a residential project, The Belaire, in Gurgaon Phase V, without approvals, increasing the number of floors mid-way through the project, delaying completion, and forfeiting the booking amount of some buyers. The fine, more than half of DLF's 2010-11 profit, has been calculated on the basis of a percentage of the average of the firm's last three year sales.

The move is likely to have wider implications for an industry where the practice of one-sided agreements is common and where builders routinely delay or modify projects, increasing the costs for consumers.

"The CCI's findings against DLF open the door for other property owners to approach the CCI and complain about unfair or discriminatory practices adopted by real estate companies in different parts of the country," says Sameer Gandhi, competition law partner, Economic Laws Practice.

Rajeev Talwar, group executive director of DLF, said, "We are reading the order and will examine all our options with our legal experts. We believe we have a strong case." The company is likely to appeal against the order.

The case relates to a complaint filed by The Belaire Owners' Association in Gurgaon against DLF in May 2010. The residents had complained of delay in possession and alleged arbitrary changes in the building plan and structure by the builder. The project was started in 2006, and DLF increased the number of floors to 29 from 19, increasing the number of apartments to 564 from 384. DLF promised to complete it in 2009, but more than two years later, buyers are yet to get possession.

Harsh Sehgal, president of the DLF Park Place RWA, which jointly fought the case with the Belaire owners, said DLF sold flats on 10 new floors of the expanded project at a lower price than what the earlier buyers had paid.

DLF Shares Slump 6.5%

The company refused to compensate us for the extra amount being paid by us, he added.

On Tuesday afternoon, after the CCI order was announced, DLF shares slumped 6.5% to 187.10. The shares have declined 19.56% in the past one month compared with a 9.6% loss for the Sen. Earlier this month, Motilal Oswal downgraded DLF's FY12 profit estimates due to higher interest costs. The company also had a negative net cash position at the end of the June quarter. "Some builders do have one-sided agreements with buyers.

After this order, other aggravated buyers might explore the option of filing complaints with CCI against their builders," said Saroj Jha, partner at SRGR Law Offices. The danger for the real estate industry is the government, egged on by public reaction to the order and clamour of buyers singed by delays and higher costs, may resort to some kind of regulation.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by GreenWorld
    DLF fined Rs 630 crore for unfair practices, realty reels under incessant shocks

MUMBAI | NEW DELHI: The Competition Commission of India, or CCI, has slapped a 630-crore fine on DLF, threatening to turn an isolated dispute between flat buyers and India's largest builder into a full-blown headache for the industry grappling with soaring interest costs and dwindling buyers.
    In a 237-page order, unprecedented in its scope and scale of punishment, the anti-monopoly watchdog accuses the Gurgaon-based firm of unfair practices, abuse of market dominance and "brutal disregard of consumer right".

DLF, the CCI adds, rode roughshod over buyers' interests and signed sale agreements that were hopelessly one-sided.

The commission found DLF guilty of beginning work on a residential project, The Belaire, in Gurgaon Phase V, without approvals, increasing the number of floors mid-way through the project, delaying completion, and forfeiting the booking amount of some buyers. The fine, more than half of DLF's 2010-11 profit, has been calculated on the basis of a percentage of the average of the firm's last three year sales.

The move is likely to have wider implications for an industry where the practice of one-sided agreements is common and where builders routinely delay or modify projects, increasing the costs for consumers.

"The CCI's findings against DLF open the door for other property owners to approach the CCI and complain about unfair or discriminatory practices adopted by real estate companies in different parts of the country," says Sameer Gandhi, competition law partner, Economic Laws Practice.

Rajeev Talwar, group executive director of DLF, said, "We are reading the order and will examine all our options with our legal experts. We believe we have a strong case." The company is likely to appeal against the order.

The case relates to a complaint filed by The Belaire Owners' Association in Gurgaon against DLF in May 2010. The residents had complained of delay in possession and alleged arbitrary changes in the building plan and structure by the builder. The project was started in 2006, and DLF increased the number of floors to 29 from 19, increasing the number of apartments to 564 from 384. DLF promised to complete it in 2009, but more than two years later, buyers are yet to get possession.

Harsh Sehgal, president of the DLF Park Place RWA, which jointly fought the case with the Belaire owners, said DLF sold flats on 10 new floors of the expanded project at a lower price than what the earlier buyers had paid.

DLF Shares Slump 6.5%

The company refused to compensate us for the extra amount being paid by us, he added.

On Tuesday afternoon, after the CCI order was announced, DLF shares slumped 6.5% to 187.10. The shares have declined 19.56% in the past one month compared with a 9.6% loss for the Sen. Earlier this month, Motilal Oswal downgraded DLF's FY12 profit estimates due to higher interest costs. The company also had a negative net cash position at the end of the June quarter. "Some builders do have one-sided agreements with buyers.

After this order, other aggravated buyers might explore the option of filing complaints with CCI against their builders," said Saroj Jha, partner at SRGR Law Offices. The danger for the real estate industry is the government, egged on by public reaction to the order and clamour of buyers singed by delays and higher costs, may resort to some kind of regulation.

Am planning to complain to the CCI next week am officially going to lodge a protest against the malpractices done By IB for their Panvel Project

1) Change in Possession Date
    2) Change of Master Plan totally from what was originally conceived
    3) Increase in Saleable area while decrease in usable area.
    4) Sending Threatening letters for Payment where as they have not attended to my queries.
    5) One Sided Agreement
    6) The Property Papers despite repeated reminders have not been shown despite having signed the agreement (Not Registered as without verification of property papers there is no authenticity to the agreement)
    7) Charging for PLC when in reality no PLC exists for Certain Flats as per the New Plan.
    8) Trying to frustrate people and make them cancel their bookings. (For those who have booked at sub 3000 rate)
    9) As promised the club house in each sector has been moved to another phase which in fact was promised as a amenity.
    10) No Sample Flat till date we have no clue what type of Fittings they are going to give us.
    11) Charging for Open Car Park

Those who are interested in the above Fight Against IB are free to join in.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by keezpanvel
    Am planning to complain to the CCI next week am officially going to lodge a protest against the malpractices done By IB for their Panvel Project

4) Sending Threatening letters for Payment where as they have not attended to my queries.
    5) One Sided Agreement
    6) The Property Papers despite repeated reminders have not been shown despite having signed the agreement (Not Registered as without verification of property papers there is no authenticity to the agreement)
    7) Charging for PLC when in reality no PLC exists for Certain Flats as per the New Plan.
    8) Trying to frustrate people and make them cancel their bookings. (For those who have booked at sub 3000 rate)
    9) As promised the club house in each sector has been moved to another phase which in fact was promised as a amenity.
    10) No Sample Flat till date we have no clue what type of Fittings they are going to give us.

Add to it:
    12. Levying service tax when the matter is sub-judice
    13. Moving the school, swimming pool, tennis court & other amenities across the road
    14. Levying new additional legal fees, etc (50K)
    15. Raising the number of floors (more congestion)
    16. Putting an illegal condition to take comission in sale of property
    17. Hiding the information about rental housing scheme
    ane many more....
    CommentQuote
  • BRIGHT

Originally Posted by jia001
    Add to it:

5) One Sided Agreement
    12. Levying service tax when the matter is sub-judice
    13. Moving the school, swimming pool, tennis court & other amenities across the road
    14. Levying new additional legal fees, etc (50K)
    15. Raising the number of floors (more congestion)
    16. Putting an illegal condition to take comission in sale of property
    17. Hiding the information about rental housing scheme
    ane many more...

THINGS ARE LOOKING BRIGHT AGAIN WITH THE CCI COMING TO THE RESCUE OF GENUINE CONSUMERS
    :bab (22):
    CommentQuote

5) One Sided Agreement

Dear Friend ;
    To the best of my knowlege i am not aware of any active / effective real estate regulator to protect customer interests in the way as we have TRAI , Telecom regulatory authority of India for Telecom Sector which sets guidelines for telecom operators , monitors them , controls pricing etc.This to my understanding is the biggest need of the hour to have an active and effective real estate regulator.I am hearing about this CCI for the first time.Yes the agreements are purely one sided but in the court of law they shall be interpreted as per the existing laws irrespctive of the contents of the agreements.Thanks for ur valuable update regarding CCI.Need to know more about it.
    CommentQuote

Bravo Keezpanvel, I m keen to join your effort

please reply to my PM with your contact info...
    CommentQuote
  • POSSESION IN 2014

GUYS i called india bulls and they informed me that for ph 2 construction is expected to start after 8 months and posession shall be given in DEC 2014.This is quite far as i need to shift my family in next few months time.Can members please suggest me reputed n reliable builders in Panvel who shall provide a ready posesion or say in next few months time ?
    CommentQuote
  • ACTION

Originally Posted by bhushank3
    Bravo Keezpanvel, I m keen to join your effort

please reply to my PM with your contact info...

I will get in touch with you shortly and we shall prepare a detailed report with all the data of the past and file a case against them. Its show time now.They have taken all consumers for granted
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by omshanti69
    GUYS i called india bulls and they informed me that for ph 2 construction is expected to start after 8 months and posession shall be given in DEC 2014.This is quite far as i need to shift my family in next few months time.Can members please suggest me reputed n reliable builders in Panvel who shall provide a ready posesion or say in next few months time ?

Their response varies from person to person !!! If they find a serious customer interested in Phase-II, they won't hesitate to lie. For him/her the construction starts in 3 months... Once the booking is made, the same person will get a different timeline for commencement of work !!! I wonder if they really care for their tag line "Quality. On Time". Sales folks claim that they are using 100% MiVan Technology, whereas in reality it is a different story. Posession date keeps changing. You ask them the month and year for the posession, they will say the year (e.g. 2014) only !!! On top of that, they are rude.
    CommentQuote
  • Latest Photos

Attache Photos of Secor-2 and Sector 3
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by GreenWorld
    Their response varies from person to person !!! If they find a serious customer interested in Phase-II, they won't hesitate to lie. For him/her the construction starts in 3 months... Once the booking is made, the same person will get a different timeline for commencement of work !!! I wonder if they really care for their tag line "Quality. On Time". Sales folks claim that they are using 100% MiVan Technology, whereas in reality it is a different story. Posession date keeps changing. You ask them the month and year for the posession, they will say the year (e.g. 2014) only !!! On top of that, they are rude.

To the best of my knowledge a builder has to pay penalty for delay beyond the stipulated completetion date.Did u check ur builder-buyer agreement with a property lawyer ?

Yup thats all coz of their monopoly.They r in my opinion better poised over hiranandani ( coz of location ) and kalpataru coz of land dispute / court case.I have been seeking if there are other reliable / reputed builders other than IB / Hiranandani/Kalpataru but i have been unable to find any so far.

I have personally noticed from my experience in Panvel that even small builders / brokers employees are quite rude and uncourteous.The brokers who showed the ready posession properties were rude too.But personally i made it sure to put my foot down and show the door to such people and not to deal with them.

I agree it is a sad situation that customers pay huge amounts and are still teated badly in general by all the builders / brokers , small / big.My conclusion is based on my short experience with them.

Neverthless i suggest that any such rudeness / callousness etc be complained to their senior sales personnel say VP ( Sales ) through fax / e-mail etc with a copy to their project sales office so that they might be cautious dealing with u next time.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Keezpanvel,

Great that you are planning to write to CCI...am with you too.

Was happy to ready that article on DLF but I also came across this article which says CCI may not be able to slap a fine against all builders, unless it is proven that they are a monopoly...

Post DLF penalty, Competition Commission of India to scrutinize other real estate firms of unfair practices - Page 2 - Economic Times

PS:
    I had already paid 20%, post which I got a letter from IB for more money so that we could proceed with the signing of the agreement.

Now I have paid close to 38%, have the DD for stamp duty & registration ready with me, have signed the agreement and given it to IB but...they won't execute the registration...

As usual no concrete reasons...they say they are not going ahead with the agreement registration for the building 18H (sector-4) yet so I will have to wait...for how long? they dont know...

Obviously they could have told this to me before, saving me lot of stress, but they chose to lie...so typical of IB
    CommentQuote