Clear All

• Re : Indiabulls Greens by Indiabulls in Panvel, Mumbai

M Kumar

Originally posted by IBAshish
    Hi Everyone,

For your reference:

Builder

Please go through this....very important
    Does the alteration of original plan mean it is against the law as said in this article- Should have to be courts to decide then ???

Comment

Earthquake resistant towers

Can any one throw some light on the earthquake resistant towers of IB. In the design of the buildings to what effect of Seismic wave can the towers withstand safely.

Comment

in god we trust says Indiabulls for earthquake safety

Dear chinmoy,
        IB towers are not designed for earthquake. I had asked them to provide a certificate from consultant that it is earthquake resistant and i will sign the agreement forgetting about all other issues. They say they cannot give the certificate as they themselves are not sure about it. I am sure that its not as no where in their prospectus or specifications have they written it.

IB says that we will have to take insurance policy at our cost so that if building collapses then insurer will pay money for reconstruction of new building which according to our agreement only IB is authorised to rebuild.
        The insurer will charge hefty premium on IB buildings as they are not earthquake proof and chances of collapse is very high. If building were earthquake proof then insurance premium will be about 1/4 th as damage will be minimal and rectification cost low.

I am going to suggest to Gagan Banga to start an India bulls insurance company as well. Because once all their land bank is converted to townships they will have to wait for earthquake to come for reconstruction work. But if earthquake doesn't come they can survive with the insurance premium that we pay them.........

Comment

IB VISIT

Originally posted by ibrel_pan View Post
          Dear chinmoy,
          IB towers are not designed for earthquake. I had asked them to provide a certificate from consultant that it is earthquake resistant and i will sign the agreement forgetting about all other issues. They say they cannot give the certificate as they themselves are not sure about it. I am sure that its not as no where in their prospectus or specifications have they written it.

IB says that we will have to take insurance policy at our cost so that if building collapses then insurer will pay money for reconstruction of new building which according to our agreement only IB is authorised to rebuild.
          The insurer will charge hefty premium on IB buildings as they are not earthquake proof and chances of collapse is very high. If building were earthquake proof then insurance premium will be about 1/4 th as damage will be minimal and rectification cost low.

I am going to suggest to Gagan Banga to start an India bulls insurance company as well. Because once all their land bank is converted to townships they will have to wait for earthquake to come for reconstruction work. But if earthquake doesn't come they can survive with the insurance premium that we pay them.........

I had been to ib office on friday

according to them

1) 600 Agreements have been signed many from this forum n email group have signed as well.
          2) The Master plan cannot be given officialy
          3) If u want to upgrade ur flat you can cancel this booking and give it to one of our sales people at the old rate and buy at new rate in phase 3 sector 11

They basically want old people to get frustrated and leave the flat so they can enjoy with our money which infact they have been doing since 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by keezpanvel View Post
            I had been to ib office on friday

according to them

1) 600 Agreements have been signed many from this forum n email group have signed as well.
            2) The Master plan cannot be given officialy
            3) If u want to upgrade ur flat you can cancel this booking and give it to one of our sales people at the old rate and buy at new rate in phase 3 sector 11

They basically want old people to get frustrated and leave the flat so they can enjoy with our money which infact they have been doing since 2 years.

600 Agreements?? How many flats do they have in total??

Any idea on registration counts??

Comment

Media Contact?

Doesn't anyone have any Media Contact on this forum for IB?

Unless, our grievances are published in Newpapers, I guess its diffcult to wake IB up and and make them hear our grievances.

Earth quake resistant tower - isnt that a mandatory thing for all new towers?

Comment

Earthquake resistant towers

I fail to understand how can IB take the investors for a ride without considering adequacy of Earthquake resistant design. If they have hired a reputed consultant like Hafeez Contractor for the Architectural design of the buildings... How can they take such a chance and put the lifes of 1200 customers of IB Greens into such a high risk. I understand that getting the structural design approved from the competent authorities is a pre-requirement for any builder befor proceeding with construction works. Because the Collapse of any building would not only be fatal but put the Statutory Govt authorities under scanner. I m sure Munucipal and Town planning authorities would not endorse any such plans without checking the adequacy of Earthquake resistant Structural Design and that too when the towers are going to be more than 100m Height. I m sure some some extra mandatory approvals would be required for such a high rise building to ensure that it does not turn out to be the biggest graveyard in the city.....

Comment

High rise building without Earthquake deisgn

It is incorrect to say that the designs are inadequate and this issue is being blown out of proportions. I m sure a big Promoter like IB would take such a chance and play with the lives of innocent residents. After all it is their first major Project that they are trying to project to the max.m extent possible and how they will miss out such an important issue which would not be a very costly affair. I think they must have done their homework properly before the job commencement...

Comment

Design adequacy

If that is so then they should have no reason not to include the certificate from designer/consultant as a part of annexure to the Agreement if it is so much desired by the investors. I m sure getting the certificate by a reputed builder is the easiest thing on this earth. At least the investors will feel a bit relieved that the dream home would not be future graveyards....

Comment

IB has to act.

If they have done it then there is no reason for them not to include it in the agreement.
                      Fyi, cost of earthquake resistant structure is about 20% higher as more steel is required. Skilled workmanship is required.Mumbai being in zone 4 in scale of earthquake intensity.i am specifically worried as two earth crust fracture lines pass through panvel which can be a possible graveyard if design is not proper.

In Mumbai you see all plan are passed by paying money to municipal authorities. I have no faith in municipal authorities. A certificate from design consultant will be more than sufficient which should be in agreement. Without this i will not sign agreement even if IB says the selling rate has increased to 10000 Psf.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X