Indiabulls Greens by Indiabulls in Panvel, Mumbai

Last updated: 3 hours ago
3100 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Indiabulls Greens by Indiabulls in Panvel, Mumbai

Originally posted by jia001 View Post
    As far as cities are concerned, value of land far outstrips the value of construction. In case of IB you are paying Rs 1000 per square feet for construction and rest 3500 is for land. In case of lease, you will basically erode the value of your 80% investment with every passing year. And when it comes to selling, the buyer will take into account the eroded value. After 99 years, whosoever it is, will have to shelve crores to re-buy the land.

As an example, say after 33 years, buildings are old enough to fall.
    You go to sell your flat:
    IB will get 3500*20=70K psf
    Hirco will get 3500*20*(66/99) = 46K psf

Big problem with Hirco is that in 5 years, the difference between IB and Hirco, will be like bandra and andheri. Location is the key. Just expect Mumbai Pune expressway to go the same way as western express highway.

While customer services maters to americans, when dealing in India, you just have to overlook customer service. While IB is resgitering the agreement (with all plans) straight away, has secured pemission and has about 10 floors constructed, Hirco is still showcasing its show flat. So I think IB is better value for money.

Hi Jia,

I agree. What HIRCO is totally banking on is to create a similar model like Powai in Panvel where people can stay and work in the same place. Not a bad concept..but will it work in a remote place like Rasayani or whatever it is called (can't call that Panvel). In the long run it will be a good investment but will it be better than IB ??? only time will tell. IB can still be called as outskirts of Panvel. 6 km from Panvel station is far but still reachable. Frankly it all depends on how good a township IB can come up with. I am from Navi Mumbai and in 1996 when the NRI colony in Seawoods came up there was not even a decent road to get there. It was only in 2001 that the Palm Beach road came up. I stayed in NRI in 2001 and the occupancy was less than 25% at that time. But look now. It is the most sought after place in Navi Mumbai although it is still not well connected to any station or bus stop for that matter. Unlike the nineties the people in Mumbai don't mind staying away from a railway station or a bus stop as long as the quality of life is better and that is what IB really needs to aim for if they want to make IB Greens a hit!!!! Most houses in NRI have 2 cars so they don't miss being close to the railway station or the bus stop. Today if you need to go out you just call for a Meru unlike 5 years back. If IB can come up with a good township which is well planned and a good place to stay then I am sure in the future it will be a great investment for all of us. Just to give everyone an indication of how rates can go up in Navi Mumbai - A 2BHK in NRI Phase 1 was available for 16 lacs in 2000 / 2001 and now you would need to pay 1.2 Cr for the same!!!!!!

As far as the 99 year lease is concerned I would suggest we need not think that far. All apartments sold by CIDCO or by builders who have build on CICDO auction land have the 99 year lease clause. I guess Owners (next next of kin) would just have to pay a small fee to extend their lease.

Cheers!!

Vishal

Comment

Originally posted by capt.vishal View Post
      As far as the 99 year lease is concerned I would suggest we need not think that far. All apartments sold by CIDCO or by builders who have build on CICDO auction land have the 99 year lease clause. I guess Owners (next next of kin) would just have to pay a small fee to extend their lease.
      Renewing the lease is same price as getting the lease first time. Basically in 99 years the value of land goes to zero and you restart from scratch.

It is like renting for 99 years. You cannot get to rent for another 99 years for a small fee!! I have seen many cases where government has refused to extend lease or charge more than the prevailing land rate to extend the lease.

Whether all of CIDCO land is leasehold or not, has nothing to do with what you decide to do. As in forest land case or noida extension case, neither the builder, nor government will ever assume accountability. If western world is any example for India, then one clearly needs to understand the difference between freehold and lesehold.

Comment

Originally posted by Manoj100
        Indiabulls Green Panvel has opened its towers in second phase for booking at a price of 4100 psf. Currently we are handling club house facing flats. Any one who is interested in buying 2bhk and 3 bhk flats even on the lower floor can contact me at manoj.dhimanindiabulls.com

Manoj Dhiman
        ph.-9702030204

Do you have approval for phase-II?

Comment

What happened with Phase 1:
          1. They will show club house in front of your flat and when you have paid 20% they will change the site masterplan and put low income rental housing in front of your flat.
          2. They will say sept 2011, but it will take them 2 years (as in case of phase 1) to get clearance so construction wont start till 2013. Possession will be in 2016. At any point if you ask them if they have clearance, they will say: Ofcourse.
          3. By the time of registration they will increase the loading and the same flat will be 300-500 sqft bigger saleable area. They will also add legal charges, etc.

Atleast in case of phase 1 they will sign the agreement and resgister it in 1 month. In case of phase 2, all one can expect is 2 years of sleepless nights.
          Last edited by jia001; July 28 2011, 07:21 PM.

Comment

good one! and completely agree! wonder where the club house will end up after they open up phase 3!

Comment

Hi

Anyone of you signed the contract

Comment

Renewing the lease is same price as getting the lease first time. Basically in 99 years the value of land goes to zero and you restart from scratch.

It is like renting for 99 years. You cannot get to rent for another 99 years for a small fee!! I have seen many cases where government has refused to extend lease or charge more than the prevailing land rate to extend the lease.

Whether all of CIDCO land is leasehold or not, has nothing to do with what you decide to do. As in forest land case or noida extension case, neither the builder, nor government will ever assume accountability. If western world is any example for India, then one clearly needs to understand the difference between freehold and lesehold.
                Hi Jia,

I tend to disagree on this point or renewal of lease. Look at what is happening in South Mumbai, the guys on pagadi system are not even the owners of the flat and till date they cannot be forced to vacate. Further the first flats were sold by CIDCO in Vashi around 1977 so these are the guys who would come up first for renewal. Do you really think that CIDCO or for that matter any Govt body can throw these people out of their houses after their families have stayed in that house for 99 years!!!!! Also you really think that anyone would buy their own house again from CIDCO at the market cost at that time. Till date the guys on Pagadi in South Mumbai are paying monthly rent of sometimes less than Rs 500 pm whereas the market rate would be around Rs 1 lac or more pm for those flats. If what you are saying is correct then do you think anyone would buy any resale flat in Navi Mumbai when lease time left is less than 20 years as that would effectively mean that the buy the flat and then have to buy it again after 20 years!!!! If that is the case then practically no one would buy resale flats in Navi Mumbai after 40 years. CIDCO anyways charges Rs 25K per transfer and they definitely would not want to lose than income either.

On one more point and I may be totally wrong on this one, but I think the lease period of 99 years starts from the time CIDCO started developing Navi Mumabi so that would be around 1977 (I guess). I am saying this because I vaguely remember that the Seawoods apartment I bought from CIDCO last year (2010 is 33 years after Navi Mumbai was handed over to CIDCO for development) states something about 66 years lease period which falls into place with what I saying. If this is true (I am not saying it is as I am presently don't have a copy of the agreement in front of me) then CIDCO would anyways not be able to sell anything in Navi Mumbai after another 30 to 35 years.

Cheers!!!

Comment

Originally posted by capt.vishal View Post
                  Hi Jia,

I tend to disagree on this point or renewal of lease. Look at what is happening in South Mumbai, the guys on pagadi system are not even the owners of the flat and till date they cannot be forced to vacate. Further the first flats were sold by CIDCO in Vashi around 1977 so these are the guys who would come up first for renewal. Do you really think that CIDCO or for that matter any Govt body can throw these people out of their houses after their families have stayed in that house for 99 years!!!!! Also you really think that anyone would buy their own house again from CIDCO at the market cost at that time. Till date the guys on Pagadi in South Mumbai are paying monthly rent of sometimes less than Rs 500 pm whereas the market rate would be around Rs 1 lac or more pm for those flats. If what you are saying is correct then do you think anyone would buy any resale flat in Navi Mumbai when lease time left is less than 20 years as that would effectively mean that the buy the flat and then have to buy it again after 20 years!!!! If that is the case then practically no one would buy resale flats in Navi Mumbai after 40 years. CIDCO anyways charges Rs 25K per transfer and they definitely would not want to lose than income either.

On one more point and I may be totally wrong on this one, but I think the lease period of 99 years starts from the time CIDCO started developing Navi Mumabi so that would be around 1977 (I guess). I am saying this because I vaguely remember that the Seawoods apartment I bought from CIDCO last year (2010 is 33 years after Navi Mumbai was handed over to CIDCO for development) states something about 66 years lease period which falls into place with what I saying. If this is true (I am not saying it is as I am presently don't have a copy of the agreement in front of me) then CIDCO would anyways not be able to sell anything in Navi Mumbai after another 30 to 35 years.

Cheers!!!
                  The current system (pagdi,rent ceiling act, etc) is archaic. Do not expect the system to remain the same.

If one buys leasehold then he/she knows what they are buying. When the leases come for renew (30-50 years from now), expect a transparent/non-corrupt/responsible government. In that scenario, like in any developed country, expect people to pay the market rate for lease renew.
                  By the way, Hirco lease is not the same as CIDCO lease. It is a private lease.

Comment

The current system (pagdi,rent ceiling act, etc) is archaic. Do not expect the system to remain the same.

If one buys leasehold then he/she knows what they are buying. When the leases come for renew (30-50 years from now), expect a transparent/non-corrupt/responsible government. In that scenario, like in any developed country, expect people to pay the market rate for lease renew.
                    By the way, Hirco lease is not the same as CIDCO lease. It is a private lease.
                    I quite agree with you that we cannot expect the same old pagdi/rent-control systems in place after 50-60 years.

Who owns the Hirco project land?? Is it Hirco or someother third party or government???

If Hirco owns the land and does not want to sell it as freehold, then its a very bad sign for people buying there...

Comment

Originally posted by s.sath View Post
                      I quite agree with you that we cannot expect the same old pagdi/rent-control systems in place after 50-60 years.

Who owns the Hirco project land?? Is it Hirco or someother third party or government???

If Hirco owns the land and does not want to sell it as freehold, then its a very bad sign for people buying there...
                      Hiranandani has declared it an SEZ. Hence it is on 99 year lease.

And as in previous cases Hiranandanis will try to bribe government officers and convert the SEZ to a residential area.
                      FROM 'MHADA TO PRADA!'
                      There is already a case againt Hiranandani with regards to powai and the two brothers are out on bail.
                      Court relief for Hiranandani - Times Of India

Its only a matter of time when the government takes action against their wrongdoings. If some honest officer imposes the 2000 crore fine on Hiranandani with regards to the powai project then they will be finished.
                      Hiranandani faces Rs 2,000cr fine
                      With regards to panvel, there is no sign of any company and all you see if residential flats, again an exploitation of SEZ policy.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X