I have booked a flat in this property.
Anybody who has taken a flat in the same project? Might be good to connect.
Read more
2945 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by nano2010
    so much is being talked about this project which is so far from everything. This is the project which has many many posts.

will somebody advise what is so special about this project ? i undrstand there are talks about airport/ metro etc etc... but what lies outside the complex is barren land - nothing else!

thanks

nano

I think this project is a steal!! It is amazing value. Hiranandani is charging 3600 for a location which is 20 miles further. Kalpataru charging 4000 for a project next to the stinking river.

Kharghar and vashi will be rendered 2nd class once the airport and the sea link are built. While South Mumbai commands 75000, panvel at half an hour distance (after the sealink) should command atleast 10% or 7500.

Gulf city, marathon IT SEZ, hinjewadi at 1 hour drive, panvel destined to be the biggest rail terminal, ludhiana - navi mumbai industrial corridor, Port SEZ, Mumbai Goa Expressway, waterways project, ... the list is just huge.

Only if I had the money, I would have booked two 3-BHKS.

22000 next to behrampada, 18000 next to dharavi, chaotic traffic, pollution everywhere, more people dying off local trains every day than in Kargil War, why would you not see value at 2900 in Panvel. I think Indiabulls is stupid to offer this rate. They should have done like Hiranandani and started booking at 3600. For all those who think that 2900 is not good value, go and buy at 8000 in malvani!!
    CommentQuote
  • are you an agent of india bulls?

Originally Posted by wadia
    I think this project is a steal!! It is amazing value. Hiranandani is charging 3600 for a location which is 20 miles further. Kalpataru charging 4000 for a project next to the stinking river.

Kharghar and vashi will be rendered 2nd class once the airport and the sea link are built. While South Mumbai commands 75000, panvel at half an hour distance (after the sealink) should command atleast 10% or 7500.

Gulf city, marathon IT SEZ, hinjewadi at 1 hour drive, panvel destined to be the biggest rail terminal, ludhiana - navi mumbai industrial corridor, Port SEZ, Mumbai Goa Expressway, waterways project, ... the list is just huge.

22000 next to behrampada, 18000 next to dharavi, chaotic traffic, pollution everywhere, more people dying off local trains every day than in Kargil War, why would you not see value at 2900 in Panvel. I think Indiabulls is stupid to offer this rate. They should have done like Hiranandani and started booking at 3600. For all those who think that 2900 is not good value, go and buy at 8000 in malvani!!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sbhagtani
    are you an agent of india bulls?

No Mr. Bhagtani. But it does look obvious that you considered buying in this project, decided not to buy and now try to make others, who have bought, feel that they have done the wrong thing.
    I think different people have different requirements. There is no point trying to scare the people who have already booked. Rather spend your energy looking for a project that suits your needs.
    CommentQuote
  • Sbhagtani...

from ur posts in this forum i wud suggest ...as one of those fools who did put his hard earned money ...that u spare us of ur wiseness...

we all have different requirements & budgets so we have taken our decisions accordingly...

wud suggest u put ur energy to find a project that u like rather than commenting in this forum...coz 18 months down the line i see myself takin possesion of my house & u still commenting on other forums ...
    also wud like to remind everyone ,, this forum is for people who have bought /intend to/discuss abt Ib greens .....as to wot i understand you are not interested in any of the above.
    cheers....
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by wadia

The airport if built on time would be done only by 2013-2014. Hotels or whatever else that comes up next to the airport would take another 2-3 years after that (don't expect hoteliers to put their money in building hotels and then wait for returns if the airport project gets stalled). Also, if just with an airport a location became prime real estate then by that logic, the area around mumbai airport would be the most sought after destination in mumbai and not south mumbai (which is definitely not the case). Being close to the airport is a convince for those who need to travel often but, being too close is a headache with all the noise of the planes flying right over u, day and night. There is no time line for the sea link (the bandra worli sea link took 10 years to construct), there's no saying that there won't be any environmental issues with the trans habour link (I believe it will be built at some point but, not necessarily soon enough to justify an investment in hopes of it being built). And regarding Panvel being a railway terminal, there's no date on when that would happen and even if it does I don't see how that would make Panvel a preferred destination over Kharghar and Vashi which are about 10 and 20 mins away respectively by rail (mumbai central is a railway terminal too, I don't see people falling over each other to go stay there). Regarding the price Ibulls is charging at the moment, the agricultural land that they are building upon is not even in panvel and probably cost less than 100 psf, add to that 1-1.5k as cost of construction and ibulls is still sitting on pretty good margins for themselves. So, I doubt they are as stupid as u say. Anyone, who has actually been to Panvel knows that even the most developed part of Panvel is little better than a village and this place isn't even in Panvel. Vashi and Kharghar in terms of development at the moment are at least 10 years ahead of Panvel. So, at least for the next 10 years I do not think Vashi and Kharghar would be rendered 2nd class compared to Panvel and I doubt it would happen even after a decade unless CIDCO comes up with some special plans for Panvel which as of now there are none. As of date, Sec-10 Kharghar at 3.9-4.2k psf or sec-35 kharghar at 3-3.5k psf are much better investments and when the projects would be completed 2-3 yrs down the line would be much better places to stay than ibulls panvel and I don't see that changing in the next 10 years.
    CommentQuote
  • The airport if built on time would be done only by 2013-2014.
    Agree

Hotels or whatever else that comes up next to the airport would take another 2-3 years.
    Agree

If just with an airport a location became prime real estate then by that logic
    Airport attracts lot of investments. Powai and Andheri basically developed due to the airport. NRIs, foreigners, business executives, who travel often, want to live near the airport

There is no time line for the sea link
    Agree

And regarding Panvel being a railway terminal, there's no date on when that would happen
    Panvel is already a well functioning railway terminus

I don't see how that would make Panvel a preferred destination over Kharghar and Vashi
    Panvel will be closer to South Mumbai than Vashi and Kharghar

Regarding the price Ibulls is charging at the moment, the agricultural land that they are building upon is not even in panvel and probably cost less than 100 psf, add to that 1-1.5k as cost of construction and ibulls is still sitting on pretty good margins for themselves.
    If the price is Rs 100 psft I would buy 2hectares. Cost of construction (like Indiabulls does) at today's rate is atleast Rs 2000 per square feet. Cost just determines the minimum selling price. Builders are in business to make profit. DLF has publicly declared that it has sometimes made 800% profit over some projects.

Anyone, who has actually been to Panvel knows that even the most developed part of Panvel is little better than a village
    Have you been to Panvel??

And btw who is talking about living in Panvel. If you dig deep, 80% of the people who are buying in Indiabulls and Hiranandani are investors with a time scale of 10+ years. Phase 1 of Indiabulls got sold out in 2 months. Do you think everyone who put their money in there is stupid. People who invested in Hiranandani Powai 20 years ago bought their flats at Rs 450 per square feet.
    CommentQuote
  • Airport attracts lot of investments. Powai and Andheri basically developed due to the airport.
    Powai developed because of Hiranandani and Hiranandani alone, I have seen it develop (I stay there). Andheri too didn't develop because of the airport. The area outside the Airport (around Leela) is hardly the place anyone would prefer to live in. The airport would attract investment but, that's atleast a few years away and all that investment isn't necessarily going to make Panvel a better destination than Kharghar or Vashi (as I said already, going by that logic Andheri East or Kurla would be the most preferred destinations in mumbai) .

NRIs, foreigners, business executives, who travel often, want to live near the airport
    Living near the airport is not necessarily the same thing as living right where the airport is. With your argument that Kharghar and Vashi would rendered 2nd class when the airport comes up, it looks to me like ur implying that staying right where the airport is, is a preferred option as opposed to staying 10 or 20 mins away (as in the case of Kharghar and Vashi). Which is definitely not true in Mumbai and most other places in the world. Even the most frequent of frequent fliers would rather not stay right next to an airport where they have to hear the planes flying all day.

Panvel is already a well functioning railway terminus

It has been for some time now and yet Panvel is barely developed and very few people would actually stay there even though it is a railway terminal. Very few people actually care if they stay 10 mins away from a railway terminal or 20 mins (Kharghar). People pay more to have flats with sea views or in commercial hubs not for those that are next to a railway terminus.

Panvel will be closer to South Mumbai than Vashi and Kharghar

It'll be closer to South Mumbai only after the trans harbour link is built which a long time away and even then it would be closer only by 10 mins (Kharghar) and 20 mins (Vashi).

If the price is Rs 100 psft I would buy 100 hectares. Cost of construction (like Indiabulls does) at today's rate is atleast Rs 2000 per square feet

Agricultural land sells cheap. I don't know when ibulls bought it but even at 50 lakhs an acre it comes to only 115 psf. I doubt construction will be 2000 but even at that rate ibulls is pretty comfortable.

Have you been to Panvel??

More than a few times.

And btw who is talking about living in Panvel. If you dig deep, 80% of the people who are buying in Indiabulls and Hiranandani are investors with a time scale of 10+ years. Phase 1 of Indiabulls got sold out in 2 months. Do you think everyone who put their money in their is stupid and u r the one smart guy. People who invested in Hiranandani Powai 20 years ago bought their flats at Rs 800 per square feet.

The flats that were sold for 800 20 years ago are hardly the ones that command 18k today (those buildings look nothing like what Hiranandani brings to mind). But, even if u forget all that. 800 to 18k in 20 yrs is less than 17% per annum. Nothing out of the ordinary if u compare to most other places in Mumbai or the rest of India over the same period. I don't know from where u got the figure of 80% of the people being investors but, if they are then it probably isn't such great news for people who actually want to stay there. I don't know how good as investors these people are but, it's not necessary that just because they investors they are right. People who have invested in Kharghar or Vashi surely would have considered their options as well. Fact is as of date, this project is being built in the middle of no where just on the hope that eventually the surrounding area would be developed as well. People who are buying in Kharghar or Vashi at least have some thing in terms of social infrastructure (schools, malls, theaters etc) on the ground.
    CommentQuote
  • Seems like you got some vested interest. I leave this discussion here.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by wadia
    Seems like you got some vested interest. I leave this discussion here.

lol. that's an easy way out. anyway I just didn't agree with your fantastical views on Panvel being better than Kharghar or Vashi that's all.
    CommentQuote
  • Any investment is fraught with risks and one should do their own independent research. If you invest with the intention with living there, different critereas apply, but if you invest with a motive of investment please consider all factors that you would when investing in any other investment, returns, holding cost, taxes.. etc.
    Never get swayed by the "Unbelievable prices" and "once in a lifetime prices" adversitments. Do your own indepndent research and all discussion in this forum is very good and gives you different views.
    Cheers
    CommentQuote
  • Hey Wadia and Geeee

good points put forward by both of you . its finally the decision of buyer to make right move.

nano

Originally Posted by geeee
    lol. that's an easy way out. anyway I just didn't agree with your fantastical views on Panvel being better than Kharghar or Vashi that's all.
    CommentQuote
  • Updated list of members

All views posted in this thread are valuable inputs to each member.

The members in this thread who have invested in this property have done enough research based on their budget, preferences and other criticalities before investing. There ought to be members who think otherwise. So whether some people think might have missed the train and now feel sorry for it or otherwise, time will speak for itself.

Earlier Jia had started a good initiative of preparing a list of members who have invested in this property. I think it would be a good idea if the recently joined members could help us update this list with the details of the type of flat & the phase in which they have brought.

Be positive, for each one of us would certainly reap the benefits in due course of time.
    CommentQuote
  • Hey guys....just wanted some clarification....I had bought a 2bhk in the first phase in L block and that time the total area quoted was 1043 sq. feet..whereas when im looking at the new plans for L block...it says 1203 sq feet.... Any thoughts?

Cheers...Raj
    CommentQuote
  • greens

:)hi,

i happened to be passing the site & guess what?????

it seems excavation has begun . i saw some crane & excavators there too!!
    CommentQuote
  • i hope what ever german has mentioned is correct....... if yes then its time celebrate the start of the project
    CommentQuote