Collapse

Indiabulls Greens by Indiabulls in Panvel, Mumbai

Last updated: 4 weeks ago
3101 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : Indiabulls Greens by Indiabulls in Panvel, Mumbai

No information on the bank approvals. It would be safe to assume that the once the digging will start, IB will contact for the second instalment.

FRom our earlier discussions, IB will only provide the information on the bank approvals after payment of first two instalments( total 20%)

Comment

Food for thought

Food for thought. Does digging/excavation mean commencement of construction?

Comment

yogi - good question, i thought concreting of base slab was considered to be the commencement of construction and not that excavation meant commencement..but i would welcome clarity on this if anyone knows more

Comment

I believe wot ria is sayin is spot on ....but when i discussed it with IB vashi office they had told me the demand for the checque will be at commencement of excavation ..
          cheers

Comment

Panvel airport plans delayed Hindustan Times Mumbai, March 12, 2010

The final decision on the proposed airport at Panvel, 35 kms from Mumbai, has been put off once again.
            At a meeting called by the Ministry of Environment and Forest (MoEF) in Ne Delhi on Thursday, Union Minister Jairam Ramesh told the Maharashtra government to submit the Environment Impact Assessment Report (EIA) for the 1,140-hectare airport by end of August. The MoEF ill scrutinise the report and decide on approving the project in 45 days, Ramesh said. Hoever, to other projects, the Mumbai Metro and the Haji Ali-orli sea link, ill get environmental clearance by end of March.
            A delegation, led by Chief Minister Ashok Chavan, met Ramesh to discuss projects aaiting environmental clearances.
            Ramesh told Hindustan Times, “This time the MoEF called Chavan to discuss pending projects. e met and revieed projects. He has agreed to meet me more regularly no.” The minister as, hoever, categorically said a go-ahead for the airport project is pending. “e ill consider it after the EIA is submitted.’’
            A senior bureaucrat, ho as present at the meeting, said: “e hope pending infrastructure projects get a speedy clearance after this meeting. Both, Haji Ali-orli sea link and Mumbai metro’s second corridor ill be considered at a meeting on March 25 and are likely to get cleared.’
            Ramesh, hoever ticked off the state for seeking relaxation in coastal regulatory zone (CRZ) norms for projects such as redevelopment of dilapidated buildings. “I have told them that I cannot give a blanket permission to the state to use its unrestrictive poer in case of private developers,” Ramesh said.
            The state’s Urban Development department had asked the MoEF to consider a different set of coastal norms for Mumbai since its land use requirement is high. It anted enhanced Floor Space Index to be alloed in dilapidated structures in coastal areas, MHADA colonies and cluster redevelopment projects among others.
            The state ill have to revert to the ministry ith a proposal on ho it plans to use CRZ II areas for housing urban poor under projects by a public sector undertaking or government agency instead of private developers. The M.S. Saminathan committee report on the CRZ policy had suggested this

Comment

Is It Time To Bid Final Good Bye To Navi Mumbai International Airport?

Another article on same from one of the leading local news channel on this

http://.nmtv.tv/nesite/shones.php?id=7293

Wish good luck to all who have purely invested on the Panvel Airport. It seems God has blessed all the politician (in particular ruling state combine) for another site where poor individuals will be trapped again.
              Last edited by sanjaykg; March 22 2010, 11:05 AM. Reason: spelling mistake
              Kind regards.

SKG

Comment

MSRDC, MMRDA lock horns over trans-harbour link project 5 Mar 2010, E.T.

"MUMBAI: The Sewri-Nhawa Trans-Harbour Link project has run into a fresh trouble with two state-owned entities making competitive claims to build the 22.5-km-long sea bridge. What has added flavour to the contest for bagging one of Mumbai’s most ambitious infrastructure projects is the political patronage that MSRDC and MMRDA, the two agencies in question, enjoy.

The MSRDC or Maharashtra State Road Development Corporation (MSRDC), which is the nodal agency for this project, is held by the Nationalist Congress Party. Its claim over the MTHL project has been challenged by Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA), which is presided over by chief minister Ashok Chavan, a Congressman.

While the MMRDA has the financial muscle and political support to back its claim, a serious financial crisis has weakened the MSRDC’s case for the MTHL project.

Last week, the state cabinet gave permission to the MSRDC to issue 10-year bonds to raise funds from the public. The state has also agreed to stand guarantee for a loan of Rs 425 crore that the MSRDC intends to take with a guarantee fees of 2% per annum.

“The guarantee fees will be converted into government equity in the project that will also raise the government’s stake in MSRDC. This will help it raise money from the public to fund the projects,” a senior MSRDC official told ET. The official, who did not wish to be named, blamed the state and corporation higher-ups for the financial crisis.

“The state government owes around Rs 2,400 crore to the MSRDC, which it has not paid up as promised. MSRDC bosses, including past ministers, took some wrong decisions like selling the toll contract for the lucrative Mumbai-Pune Expressway to a private company for an upfront payment. The upfront payment looked substantial when the contract was sold, but appears pittance now as the company is raking in crores from the toll,” said the official.

What has added to the MSRDC’s financial woes is the dues it owes to contractors for the previous projects like Bandra Worli Sea Link built by Hindustan Construction Company. The MMRDA, in comparison, has no financial worries, and has proposed to build the MTHL for Rs 8,300 crore as against Rs 7,600 crore estimated by the MSRDC.

“Not all of this will come from the MMRDA coffers. At least 25% of the project cost will be accounted for by the viability gap funding from the Centre,” said an MMRDA official. The MMRDA has proposed that it will recover the full cost of MTHL through a toll to be collected for 45 years, as against the concession period of 50 years quoted by the MSRDC.

Earlier this year, the MSRDC decided to revive the build, operate, and transfer (BOT) model for the MTHL project. The MSRDC has also assumed 20% VGF from the Union government and commercial exploitation of land around the connecting points of the sea link to make the project viable." - Economic Times

Comment

Hi Bubla & SanjayKG,

Regards the airport: There is still an issue with environment clearance but there is no fresh talk of alternative site. Mr. Jairam had issued a blanket delay on all Navi Mumbai projects till August due to Navi Mumbai being declared as critically polluted (Thane-Belapur Industrial belt). The IIT-B environmental impact study favoured an airport with the assurance that CIDCO would replant mangroves. All that Mr. Jairam has done is that he has asked the state govt. to wait till august before he can look at IIT-B report.

Regards the Trans-harbour: As per a decision on 10th March, MMRDA has taken over the project from MSRDC. MMRDA wants to first complete the road part (2015) and then look at the metro part (2017). MMRDA still has to decide on the financial model after which it will start bidding process. It however expects the Central Govt. to provide about 1k crores for viability gap funding (Which seems highly improbable). MbPT has also declined to part with some land at Sewri side, blackmailing the MMRDA to include two broad-gauge lines (funded by MbPT) in the trans-harbour for their freight transport.

Back to Indiabulls: Gyanjit (a member) has learnt from Indiabulls that they will have "commencement cert., approved plans, agreement for sale- ready before the next instalment (next 10&#37" is demanded. He also wanted to ask people who visit the site to please bring back some photographs.
                  Last edited by jia001; March 16 2010, 02:57 PM.

Comment

airport

To add on to the Jia airport point, the environment min. has asked airport authorities to plan for alternative runways so as to have minimum damage to the trees. The report has not been submitted yet.

Do google and you will find that the approval is not pending from the center. It s from the environment side. And if i m not wrong they must be waiting for the alternate runways plan to be ready.

Ashky
                    Last edited by ashkharoo; March 16 2010, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Amazing Fact

I had been playing with google maps and thought I will measure distances.
                      • Distance between Indiabulls site and panvel station is 7 km. 5km gets me to takka colony (I wonder if they meant takka colony will be central Panvel )
                      • Distance between Indiabulls site and proposed airport is 9 km

I will have to walk an extra 2 km then what Indiabulls indicated . Maybe they are concerned about our health (Health amenity, 2km walking tract free of cost )
                      Last edited by jia001; March 16 2010, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X